AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato (/showthread.php?tid=582)



RE: Summer Mercato - Mathias - 06-01-2014

(05-31-2014, 05:56 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote:
(05-31-2014, 03:55 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Why dont Milan just have more faith in their youngsters than guys lije Essien, Matri, Nocerino and others.
Niang is a much better forward than Matri, since he xan actually dribble and score.
Cristante can be as good as any CM in SerieA as long as he plays.
Saponora, at the very least can be a solid player.
THEN youvhave the superstars in SES and DES

I think the from Jan on everygame was like a cup final that we has to win ,Seedorf prefered using more experienced players instead of Cristante Petagna etc...Essien was just Galliani knowing the name seing games from 2004-2009 & getting a hard on when he could get him.

Saponara well he is the epitome of average.Hes slow lazy (by his own admission) poor decision making will not track back...and hes not applying himself in training again his own admission...If we could get back half of the €4m we paid gor half of him id snap it up.
(05-31-2014, 04:35 PM)mathiask Wrote: Niang equally bad ? Impossible to say so, very talented striker who was very useful when paired with zlatan. Not to mention that he was a very good team player. This opinion has been backed many times before. He's just not consistent in front of goal... yet worth four times matri. He's really young, but has good potential as a winger.

Niang never played with Zlatan...nit picking haha Wink

Fixed, balotelli.


RE: Summer Mercato - Gabriel426 - 06-01-2014

What I am trying to say is that, young players need patience.

Guys like Billy, Pippo, Gattuso, Ambro... We're never world beaters but yet due to being given chance and having faith by managers, they all became WC or close to that.
I would say that those four would never make the Milan team over the past 10 yrs if they were youngsters coming up for Milan youth.


RE: Summer Mercato - ACMILAN1983 - 06-01-2014

I agree Gabriel.

So there's quite a lot of information come out of the meeting yesterday between Inzaghi, Galliani and Silvio. Basic points are:

- Inzaghi has a preference for 4-3-3 (better suited to SES) and 4-3-1-2. 4-3-1-2 is more likely to be used as Silvio wants it.
- Rami and Taarabt deals will be ongoing, though both are looking difficult.
- Saponara will likely be given a chance (whether at Milan or on loan), but he's basically playing for his future at the club.
- Balotelli's possible sale has no objection from Inzaghi, so almost definitely he's on the market (apparently we've said starting prices are 25m). Final confirmation will be made after the world cup.
- Kevin Constant, Cristian Zapata, Cristian Zaccardo, Michael Essien, Valter Birsa and Robinho are all up for sale.
- Silvestre will not be redeemed from his loan. Niang and Nocerino are also for sale. Matri is the only one on loan that might actually remain (Facepalm)
- Inzaghi wants Paloschi back at Milan.
- One of Matri or Pazzini will be sold
- Any plans to loan Cristante out have been stopped following Montolivo's injury. There's also a wish to accelerate Poli's full acquisition.
- We will buy back full ownership of Simone Verdi from Torino, though he'll likely remain at Empoli on loan.

I must say most of it seems fair, although I'm disappointed Mexes is not in the list to be sold.

I was thinking about this earlier too and personally I'd be willing to hand Paloschi the keys to lead our attacking line, if it means the sale of Balotelli means reinforcing other areas (central defence mainly) and particularly means one of Cerci or Iturbe is to actually come. There's a little method to the madness, in that Paloschi has just had a breakthrough year at Chievo and is at the right age to mature. In addition, this is also the best time for us to test him to see if he's actually ever likely to live up to the promise he showed at 18 and be a first team player. If he fails, I don't think the risk is too great as we'd have enough quality in the attacking third (with SES's return and one of Cerci or Iturbe) and we've seen in recent times that teams don't necessarily need a world class forward to do well (e.g. Juve).


RE: Summer Mercato - xudong - 06-01-2014

Dev, thanks for sharing the news. They at least look mostly positive. I have seen through several resources that Inzaghi has (some) faith in Matri, and that makes me wonder. but again, if Inzaghi were to become our head coach, I would call full support for him, no matter how much we love his decision or hate it.


RE: Summer Mercato - Jay Crisp - 06-01-2014

I still see no way that we use Balotellis sale to reinforce anywhere.While theres talk of Cerci Iturbe the more likely option IMO and is reported but fans dont really want to see it ,is Balotelli gets sold Matri comes back & Milan buy Biabiany.

Taarabt will not be redeemed as MGT dont want to spend money on Taarabt ,Pippo isnt against it hes also not against selling Balo and using Matri and said he never asked for Cerci or Iturbe, as hes not Milan coach.

I cant see the future but its not hard to see the direction Milan will take.
I see fans here & elsewhere taking Of Perin Rami Alex Darmian Cerci Dzeko Iturbe Negredo..Its just so far fetced imo.
Pippo is going to be a yes man im afraid.Sell balo use Matri who the Fuck would agree to that.Dont redeem Taarabt okay Pippo doesnt want him.Now Taarabts no world beater but the only we have that can beat his man...I hope im wrong but ill be shocked if anything other than high profile sales and free or cheap players coming in happens.


RE: Summer Mercato - ACM1899 - 06-01-2014

The management is putting the faithful through this hell to see who are the true Milan fans.

Mid table Milan I for one give you my support ;-)


Like so many have said before me. B&g are looking for a yes man as coach. And that's what pipppo looks like.


But everything is possible, maybe a investor makes a offer Berlusconi can't refuse and the spending and rise of our great Milan begins once again.

Lettuce bee Reeves


RE: Summer Mercato - WCmilan - 06-01-2014

I would get rid of Pazzini/Balotelli/Matri and bring back Paloschi and buy Negredo, use the rest of the money to reinforce the attacking areas surrounding Paloschi and Negredo.
Balotelli (30m)
Pazzini (6m)
Matri (4m)
=40m
Negredo (15m)
Hulk (25m)

4-3-3
-----ELS------Negredo------Hulk------

Just an example as to what we can do with our attack by selling Balotelli.


RE: Summer Mercato - ACMILAN1983 - 06-01-2014

I'm not at all impressed by Hulk if I'm honest. Negredo's ok, but he's not in my view a player I'd actively go for in our situation. I do think Paloschi should be given his chance at Milan, especially under Pippo who has valued him for a very long time. Based on the general rumours currently surfacing, we're also looking at one of Darmian and Santon for LB, a CB (someone possibly in addition to Rami?) and a midfielder of "quality".

Out of Darmian and Santon, I'd probably go for Darmian. He should be cheaper, he's breaking through on the International scene and is our youth product and knows the club. If Abate and De Sciglio are to remain as expected, Darmian imo is a great backup and someone to push them. At CB, I really do hope we keep Rami and add a player to go with him. Alex and Rami at CB would be imposing and of the quality to help achieve our targets next season. Meanwhile, if we're looking to invest for longer term and are prepared to show a little patience, Doria really impressed me during the recent Toulon tournament and has been linked with us a lot. In midfield, I'd like to see Cristante and Poli shown more confidence. Poli in particular has grown during the past year and while I had doubts about whether he'd be able to step up around Christmas, following Allegri's sacking his performances have been really good. I think in Montolivo, De Jong, Cristante and Poli we have a good midfield with Muntari an alternative. Betting on Poli and Cristante is a high risk and so we might need one more midfielder, but if so then we need someone who is all but ready to help us make a jump in quality and can contribute for a number of years. No "experienced warrior" like Essien and not a teenager who's not ready to play a big role and will only be loaned or sold in a year.

No worries Xu about the bullet points, I think honsano's posted an English article with the news elsewhere.

Oh I forgot, there's a brief interview with the Empoli president on Milannews:

http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/esclusiva-mn-pres-empoli-vi-racconto-la-crescita-di-verdi-futuro-dipende-da-milan-e-toro-saponara-stipendio-alto-per-noi-146103

I thought it was interesting as he talks about Verdi and Saponara. It's interesting how he says Empoli are willing to give confidence and show patience with young players and wish more of Italy, including Milan, would follow suit. Also, Saponara's apparently out of their salary range, which I find strange, but it would be nice to be able to send him there on loan to really get the experience and playing time he needs in Serie A.


RE: Summer Mercato - WCmilan - 06-02-2014

I understand that we need a fullback, a defender, a goalkeeper, something extra in our attack.. but it's funny that I'm not seeing many links with midfielders. We need a superstar or future superstar midfielder i.e Gundogan or Verratti, last I remember Javi Martinez hasn't been getting as much playing time as he warrants with Bayern, he's an impressive CDM imo would be a great player in our mid. Montolivo doesn't impress me as much as his first season with us, not even close. Poli needs some time, Cristante needs a lot of time and we need to play him more, Muntari and co aren't Milan quality. Our midfield sucks. De Jong is a defensive beast and very hard worker, but we need more tactical creative players alongside him

Verratti though, I wish we'd fork out the money for him. With him and Cristante we'd be looking at the future of Italian midfield.

I remember a while back hearing about some swap deal I think it was Abate for Marchisio, or someone for Marchisio. I hope we stay far away from doing any business with Rubentus.


RE: Summer Mercato - Jay Crisp - 06-02-2014

Well Javi Martinez is you know a bit difficult for modern Milan.Even if Bayern said yes we'll sell to Milan and even if the took a 50% loss (why would they) he'd still cost €20 million a fee thats not possible now.
Verratti the same too expensive...We really cant and wont spend large sums of €€€ on players.We will however overspend on a near 40 man roster and firing coaches using all our budget and thrn some ,spending more thsn Juve way more than Roma Napoli Inter Fiorentina..let that sink in ,its just not on players.

Im surprised people haven't mentioned Berlus political partys direction of to get votes its "a more Italian Italy"...and if you ever thought Milan was or wasnt a political tool well...look at recent news surrounding Milan thet want to get back to their roots and be "more Italian".

Looking for a new coach an Italian Pippo ,looking to sign some Italian players like Agazzi (done) Santon Poli to be made permanent Bertolacci Cerci mentioned (although Roma have started talking to Torino for a €20m move ) Paloschi ...thats pretty average to poor.
Now if your looking for more Italian players to be more Italian and it was a genuine plan to get back to the top ,wouldnt a team be looking at Perin Scuffer Paletta Murru Darmian Verratti Baselli Immobile Insigne Berardi ? and not free deals loan deals or swap deals.