AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2011 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2011 (/showthread.php?tid=5)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557


RE: Summer Mercato 2011 - nefremo - 08-02-2011

You are right, maybe 30mil is overboard for Alcantara. Even though I believe that he is one of the biggest talents in world football. And I'm not basing that of this summer's u-21 and the friendly games. But again, you are absolutely right. 30 is too much at this point. But then let's give them 20, or whatever Galliani thinks it's right. The concept is still the same. Barca wants Fabregas badly apparently but If reports are true they are struggling to find the money necessary to buy. So let them have Cesc and we get their boy. Since I think that him and his father (who's been very vocal about playing time) wouldn't mind a move at all if Cesc ends up at Barca.

But again like I said, this is probably wishful thinking.


RE: Summer Mercato 2011 - Siregar - 08-02-2011

(08-02-2011, 08:33 PM)nefremo Wrote: You are right, maybe 30mil is overboard for Alcantara. Even though I believe that he is one of the biggest talents in world football. And I'm not basing that of this summer's u-21 and the friendly games. But again, you are absolutely right. 30 is too much at this point. But then let's give them 20, or whatever Galliani thinks it's right. The concept is still the same. Barca wants Fabregas badly apparently but If reports are true they are struggling to find the money necessary to buy. So let them have Cesc and we get their boy. Since I think that him and his father (who's been very vocal about playing time) wouldn't mind a move at all if Cesc ends up at Barca.

But again like I said, this is probably wishful thinking.

If Barca do struggle to provide amount of money Arsenal ask and there is chance (even only little chance) for us to get Fabregas, I don't know why should we run from this golden opportunity? If it is the case, this is the biggest chance (from very little chance of getting Fabregas) for Milan to get Fabregas while Barca could not fulfill what Arsenal want. We are talking about Fabregas here, world class player and one of the best midfielder in the world right now, a chance to get him although very very little, should be utilized IMO.


RE: Summer Mercato 2011 - millinarios - 08-02-2011

(08-02-2011, 08:42 PM)Siregar Wrote: If Barca do struggle to provide amount of money Arsenal ask and there is chance (even only little chance) for us to get Fabregas, I don't know why should we run from this golden opportunity? If it is the case, this is the biggest chance (from very little chance of getting Fabregas) for Milan to get Fabregas while Barca could not fulfill what Arsenal want. We are talking about Fabregas here, world class player and one of the best midfielder in the world right now, a chance to get him although very very little, should be utilized IMO.

I agree, adding that Barcelona has to pay big for Fabregas now because they hastily let him go when he was young... I don't think they would commit the same mistake again with Thiago Alcantara. They should keep their treasures, and I think they learned that by now.


RE: Summer Mercato 2011 - Siregar - 08-02-2011

About Fabregas, that he would accept bench role and pay cut because he is catalan, Barca fan, etc, I don't believe such of thing. How old Fabregas now? How good is he now? How many years has he been showing to football fans how good he has been as midfielder? Suddenly he will accept bench role while when he was 17-18 years old he left Barca? IF Fabregas goes to Barca, he must sure that he will be starter IMO, no way he will accept bench role even a squad rotation player. He is a world class footballer, one of world best midfielder right now.


RE: Summer Mercato 2011 - millinarios - 08-02-2011

(08-02-2011, 09:03 PM)Siregar Wrote: About Fabregas, that he would accept bench role and pay cut because he is catalan, Barca fan, etc, I don't believe such of thing. How old Fabregas now? How good is he now? How many years has he been showing to football fans how good he has been as midfielder? Suddenly he will accept bench role while when he was 17-18 years old he left Barca? IF Fabregas goes to Barca, he must sure that he will be starter IMO, no way he will accept bench role even a squad rotation player. He is a world class footballer, one of world best midfielder right now.

Well, I disagree a bit here... Yes, he is a world class footballer, but Barcelona has many of them... And considering that Barcelona is on top of the football world right now, and their team is a well-oiled machine, I don't think any newcomer would have a guaranteed place in the starting line up. Like, Ibrahimovic is a world class footballer too, and he got burned in Barcelona...

Also, I checked how Spain played in World Cup 2010. Fabregas couldn't make the starting line up, while in their 5 man midfield there were 4 Barcelona players. So I don't think he has any guarantees to start right away if he goes back there. Probably he is confident enough about his abilities, and willing to fight for his place in the team - but I think that's a minimum from a player of his calibre.


RE: Summer Mercato 2011 - reza - 08-02-2011

Welcome millinarios, hope you enjoy it here and remain active


RE: Summer Mercato 2011 - Siregar - 08-02-2011

(08-02-2011, 09:26 PM)millinarios Wrote:
(08-02-2011, 09:03 PM)Siregar Wrote: About Fabregas, that he would accept bench role and pay cut because he is catalan, Barca fan, etc, I don't believe such of thing. How old Fabregas now? How good is he now? How many years has he been showing to football fans how good he has been as midfielder? Suddenly he will accept bench role while when he was 17-18 years old he left Barca? IF Fabregas goes to Barca, he must sure that he will be starter IMO, no way he will accept bench role even a squad rotation player. He is a world class footballer, one of world best midfielder right now.

Well, I disagree a bit here... Yes, he is a world class footballer, but Barcelona has many of them... And considering that Barcelona is on top of the football world right now, and their team is a well-oiled machine, I don't think any newcomer would have a guaranteed place in the starting line up. Like, Ibrahimovic is a world class footballer too, and he got burned in Barcelona...

Also, I checked how Spain played in World Cup 2010. Fabregas couldn't make the starting line up, while in their 5 man midfield there were 4 Barcelona players. So I don't think he has any guarantees to start right away if he goes back there. Probably he is confident enough about his abilities, and willing to fight for his place in the team - but I think that's a minimum from a player of his calibre.

If he won't be starter there and will only play bench-role, I doubt Fabregas would like to join Barca. He left Barca for hoping games in Arsenal I assume and now he wants to go back to Barca just playing bench-role? I do doubt it even Fabregas is a fanatic fan of Barca. The reason is just simple, he can be starter in any other big club in Europe. That's why I don't see his coming to Barca for bench role.


RE: Summer Mercato 2011 - millinarios - 08-02-2011

(08-02-2011, 09:27 PM)reza Wrote: Welcome millinarios, hope you enjoy it here and remain active

Thanks for the welcome, I hope that too Sagrin



RE: Summer Mercato 2011 - ElMago99 - 08-02-2011

(08-02-2011, 02:25 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Another thing, I think we are all putting too much attention on what this LCM must do..... To me, he just needs to be someone who can play both ways with a more offensive punch, like long shot, can dribble pass his marker and make good passes. He does not need to be someone who dictate the tempo of the game like Pirlo, since MVB can also pass.

Why are you settling with a descent player for LCM. Ask Barcelona if they should settle for a 'solid' midfielder. Or Chelsea? Or Manchester United. Or Real Madrid...

If you want to win Scudetto and go deep in Champions League, you need a World Class Midfielder. Van Bommel is certainly that (but for defensive qualities). No other midfielder is World Class currently for their offensive qualities. We need a player who is dynamic and can be creative. Even if we had Hamsik, Fabregas, Van Bommel, Gattuso/Boateng it would STILL be debatable if we had the best midfield. Certainly Barcelona's and possibly Real Madrid's would be better, with Chelsea's and Man Utd's about equal. That's assuming we buy 2 World Class midfielders.

If we're going to settle for a descent 2-way midfielder for LCM (Montolivo), then we will get 'descent' results. End of story. I don't know how much AC Milan can ACTUALLY spend, as our budget has been shady for years now, but if they're going to be as cheap as they seem to be, then our goals will certainly be in accordance with our budget (low)


RE: Summer Mercato 2011 - millinarios - 08-02-2011

(08-02-2011, 09:37 PM)Siregar Wrote: If he won't be starter there and will only play bench-role, I doubt Fabregas would like to join Barca. He left Barca for hoping games in Arsenal I assume and now he wants to go back to Barca just playing bench-role? I do doubt it even Fabregas is a fanatic fan of Barca. The reason is just simple, he can be starter in any other big club in Europe. That's why I don't see his coming to Barca for bench role.

What I meant, Barcelona is his childhood dream club. As far as I know, he left because at that time at Barcelona he wasn't even given the chance to play. Now, as an established footballer, he would surely get his chance, and maybe he is willing to take the challenge and fight for his place. Getting into that starting line up is not an easy task, for anyone... But since his dream is to follow Guardiola's footsteps, he takes the risk.

Also, I think that if Guardiola would see Fabregas as an absolute starter in his line up, they would already signed him. This saga goes on because Barcelona always considered their midfield ready, and had their priorities elsewhere (David Villa, Sanchez).

Anyway, we cannot know for sure until he signs for Barcelona Wink