AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Winter Mercato January 2016 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Winter Mercato January 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1141)



RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - Ryo - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 08:23 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: His end product though is non existent 90% of the time , Im not hating on him but we all saw how he was at Milan after his great 4 months half a season in 2012.Even when fit he didnt contribute with goals and assists , and in a much weaker league in Ligue 1 he has a total of 0 goals and 0 assists  , im not sure how many seasons where he's disappointing in goals and assists and overall play and contribution that people will see he's not the great player we all thought he'd be.We're talking years here since he was on fire , yes he's had injuries but he has been fully fit for a large chunk of the last 3 years without being a vital player for any team he's on.As a forward his return is just bad.

I know what you mean, mate. I was only talking about the fit he would make when compared with Honda, considering how Honda's contribution to our team up to now is pretty much on par with El Shaarawy's. Sagrin

Obviously I'd prefer if we actually grabbed world class Wingers and Midfielders, but given they were both on our roster at the beginning of the year, I'm strictly basing it on fit.


RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - Jay Crisp - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 09:29 AM)Ryo Wrote: I know what you mean, mate. I was only talking about the fit he would make when compared with Honda, considering how Honda's contribution to our team up to now is pretty much on par with El Shaarawy's. Sagrin

Obviously I'd prefer if we actually grabbed world class Wingers and Midfielders, but given they were both on our roster at the beginning of the year, I'm strictly basing it on fit.

Yarmolenko , Id still like him...or hope Depay has issues at Utd and snag him in June (If only)


RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - nefremo - 11-06-2015

What do you guys think are the chances that Juventus sells us Rugani? It would be awesome to have the two future Italian CBs in our ranks. Even though, I think Romagnoli would benefit more from being next to a more athletic and "pacey" CB like Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Varane, Ramos. (Just examples, I know these guys are unatainable)


RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - xudong - 11-06-2015

Has there been any rumor though (on Rugani)?


RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - Siregar - 11-07-2015

(11-06-2015, 11:07 PM)nefremo Wrote: What do you guys think are the chances that Juventus sells us Rugani? It would be awesome to have the two future Italian CBs in our ranks. Even though, I think Romagnoli would benefit more from being next to a more athletic and "pacey" CB like Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Varane, Ramos. (Just examples, I know these guys are unatainable)

Is Rugani slow?


RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - Jay Crisp - 11-07-2015

(11-06-2015, 11:07 PM)nefremo Wrote: What do you guys think are the chances that Juventus sells us Rugani? It would be awesome to have the two future Italian CBs in our ranks. Even though, I think Romagnoli would benefit more from being next to a more athletic and "pacey" CB like Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Varane, Ramos. (Just examples, I know these guys are unatainable)
Id love Rugani but see no way Juve sell to Milan unless we are offering in that €25 to €30m territory.


I mean we do not need superstars , if we could get Glik or Maksimovic Sensi ( I dont want to miss another gem)  Witsel Vasquez we'd be doing good add in Soriano Rugani really really good.Thats with Mexes Zapata Alex Monty Nocerino Honda leaving.


RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - ACMILAN1983 - 11-07-2015

Arsenal have been linked to Rugani, while Napoli appear favourites as he'd get to link up with Sarri again. I doubt Juve would sell him to us if I'm honest. On wanting him, the part of me that wants to dream really would love him, as you said nefremo, he and Romagnoli look to likely partnership in the future for the Azzurri. I've bought him in PES2016 and really love playing with him and Romagnoli.

However, the more pragmatic and realistic side of me also feels we need to be really careful. We could spend big on him to partner him alongside Romagnoli, only to have it backfire because they need someone more experienced alongside them. Alex has really stepped up recently and we can see how it's benefiting Romagnoli to have someone experienced and reliable alongside him, it really takes a lot of pressure off his shoulders. Note that in preseason it was the same story for Ely, when he was most comfortable was when he was alongside Alex who was doing well at the time.

Yet when we had the two youngsters playing alongside each other, things got much less comfortable as they struggled to cope with the pressure and felt the weight of expectation. Not to say any experienced defender will help, Zapata didn't particularly inspire confidence when in the lineup and it clearly affected Romagnoli.

Rugani's a good defender, but he's only got one year of experience at the top level, similar to Romagnoli. As good as they are, it's really hard to put the responsibility on them to handle the pressures of leading the backline at Milan.

The other aspect of this is I think we shouldn't lose focus on Ely. It wasn't long ago he was considered the future for the Milan backline and I think it would be a big mistake to just give up on him as he's struggled when playing this season. It's important to bear in mind that Ely's games this year have been against Fiorentina and Napoli, frankly two of the worst teams he could have hoped to have been put in against, both have been excellent this year and were playing in a way that is seriously damaging to us. I doubt Miha's forgotten about him, but I think he probably understands that throwing him in those high pressure games wasn't the best idea. I'd like to see us start again a little with Ely, give him time against "smaller" opponents first to get used to top flight football (I've mentioned before, it's his first season in Serie A and his first season with the Milan senior side) and build confidence at this level. I'd like to see us take a year or two getting him set for the first team and ready to partner Romagnoli, he's barely just turned 21, there's really no rush.

We also have Ivan De Santis coming from the youth set up, another who's always been touted for big things


RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - nefremo - 11-07-2015

Siregar, he's not slow.....but he's not the fast, explosive, athletic type either. As a matter of fact, he's probably in the same mold as Romagnoli. Relies more on his positioning and reading of the game. It's just a preference of mine to have someone more explosive and quick next to someone like Romagnoli. Like I said though, if an opportunity arises we shouldn't pass on it.

Jay, I agree that we don't need a superstar as long as he fits in. And yes, you are right, they probably won't sell for less than 25, maybe even more if it's a Serie A team. It's just incredible to me how they haven't given him a chance at all. It shows no trust. Whereas Romagnoli even has a chance to go to the Euros if he keeps this up. He's certainly been one of the top CBs in Italy this year. I'm happy we're doing something right for once.

Dev, on Ely, I agree that he should be given time. I don't want us to give up on him. But to be honest, I really haven't seen him justify any of the "hype" and good predictions about him on the field. Even during the summer friendlies I was very iffy about his performances. I remember posting after one of the games this summer and asking if "I was the only one that thought he wasn't very good?". He is a mixed bag. Takes up wrong positions a lot, presses up and doesn't win the ball (a lot), etc. Now, clearly he is only 21. Most CBs don't reach their peak until their late 20s so there's certainly potential there. But from what I've seen of him, I can't say with certainty that this IS/SHOULD BE one of our future CBs and we just need to groom him. Honestly, he hasn't shown anything for me to say that and I'd just be basing that on hope and the act that he is young. As a matter of fact I'd say that the likelihood he ends up in a midtable club is a lot bigger at this point.


RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - ACMILAN1983 - 11-07-2015

Ely's reputation I think was built up a little too much when he joined, with people in Brazil saying he was the next Thiago Silva. I watched him sometimes when he was in Serie B and that's what I base my feeling that he could be a starter on. I think he's a very good defender, but unlike Romagnoli (who honestly looks like a phenomenal player), I don't think he'll grow without the right support, and among his teammates, he doesn't really have it. My hope is that Miha's experience playing as a defender is what will help him grow, I think he's done excellent with Romagnoli over the past year and a bit. I think if we can just be patient with Ely and really support him in the right way, we have an excellent player on our hands.

Sorry I made mistake too, Ely just turned 22 the other, not 21.


RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - somedevil - 11-08-2015

Good to see some support for Ely. Most other forums, I read shit about him constantly. I think he had a very good pre-season and I was really surprised by how composed and experienced he seemed. Especially when he was playing next to Alex. I think with the right support and gentle nurturing we have a good player on our hands.

Speaking of defenders, I wonder whatever happened to Felicioli who did so well in that one match under Inzaghi.