![]() |
|
R16: Netherlands - Mexico (June 29, 2014 - 18:00 CET) - Printable Version +- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum) +-- Forum: MilanMania (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1) +--- Forum: The World Cup (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=15) +--- Thread: R16: Netherlands - Mexico (June 29, 2014 - 18:00 CET) (/showthread.php?tid=701) |
RE: R16: Netherlands - Mexico (June 29, 2014 - 18:00 CET) - xudong - 06-29-2014 1998 result was unfair? Ortega was a stupid diver and headbutting was always considered as an ejectable act of violence, though one can always argue that van der sarr was tricky too. But then they had Simeone themselves so it all evens out. :d Batistuta might be the only one from that Argentina side that I liked. ![]() RE: R16: Netherlands - Mexico (June 29, 2014 - 18:00 CET) - Best-Pundit - 06-29-2014 (06-29-2014, 08:10 PM)xudong Wrote: Batistuta might be the only one from that Argentina side that I liked.That would cup was meant for Batistuta, not Zidane History got it wrong back then and will always feel guilty for it. As great as Ziadne was, he never reached the class and caliber of Batistuta ![]() ![]() RE: R16: Netherlands - Mexico (June 29, 2014 - 18:00 CET) - ACMILAN1983 - 06-29-2014 Good game given the conditions should have made it worse. Netherlands did well, but I do feel for Mexico who were really good until the final 5 minutes or so. The warning signs were there long before mind, with them looking shaky on every set piece. RE: R16: Netherlands - Mexico (June 29, 2014 - 18:00 CET) - xudong - 06-29-2014 WC'98 was meant for Roberto Baggio! ![]() WC'02 was meant for Paolo Maldini! ![]() Those fuckers stole them from Italy.
RE: R16: Netherlands - Mexico (June 29, 2014 - 18:00 CET) - Best-Pundit - 06-29-2014 (06-29-2014, 08:32 PM)xudong Wrote: WC'98 was meant for Roberto Baggio!Correction WC'94 was meant for Roberto Baggio! ![]() WC'94 was meant for Paolo Maldini! ![]() RE: R16: Netherlands - Mexico (June 29, 2014 - 18:00 CET) - xudong - 06-29-2014 (06-29-2014, 08:29 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Good game given the conditions should have made it worse. Netherlands did well, but I do feel for Mexico who were really good until the final 5 minutes or so. The warning signs were there long before mind, with them looking shaky on every set piece. Dev, I also feel for Mexico, but I like Netherlands too. This match-up has 16 group stage points (Netherlands 9, Mexico 7), so it has to be one of the most decorated fixture. Mexico did an excellent job frustrating Netherlands for the most part of the game, but I feel that taking off Dos Santos might have been a bad move. Netherlands all of a sudden could attack Mexico worry-free. I also agree with some members here in that Mexico sat back after their one-goal lead and resorted to a more defensive mindset, and that subtle mentality switch might have had an impact on the game. (06-29-2014, 08:36 PM)mzk57 Wrote:(06-29-2014, 08:32 PM)xudong Wrote: WC'98 was meant for Roberto Baggio!Correction True too. In fact, WC'90, '94, '98, '02, '06 (yes, I know that they got it :d), and even '10 all were meant for Italy! WC'14 is meant for any team but Argentina! :d I have stopped liking Italy, thanks to that fucker P*rlo.
RE: R16: Netherlands - Mexico (June 29, 2014 - 18:00 CET) - Aficio - 06-29-2014 WC94 was meant for Milan Milan contributed many great players for Azzurri, even the coach was Milan legend. RE: R16: Netherlands - Mexico (June 29, 2014 - 18:00 CET) - Stitch - 06-29-2014 This game reminded me of CL final....2 big dissapointments for me
RE: R16: Netherlands - Mexico (June 29, 2014 - 18:00 CET) - Best-Pundit - 06-29-2014 (06-29-2014, 08:36 PM)xudong Wrote: WC'14 is meant for any team but Argentina! :d I have stopped liking Italy, thanks to that fucker P*rlo.You mean any team but not non-Argentina? ![]() and how could you use such crude language for one of AC Milan greatest ever legends? ![]() ![]() RE: R16: Netherlands - Mexico (June 29, 2014 - 18:00 CET) - xudong - 06-29-2014 In a few years after he got the hell out of Ladri and cleanse himself, I may actually try to forget (or forgive) him, so he has got a chance there. Unlike Argentina, I reckon that they will continue to annoy me for decades to come.
|