AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Hero Indian Super League - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: MilanMania (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Italian And Other Football (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Hero Indian Super League (/showthread.php?tid=760)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6


RE: Hero Indian Super League - maharaja - 09-20-2014

Just don't give any value to illiterate racist comments.

Anyway, Indian football will need a lot more than a few former stars. And some serious money needs to be invested in infrastructure, football schools... and even that cannot produce fast results. China is investing a lot more, and still without global results.


RE: Hero Indian Super League - ACMILAN1983 - 09-20-2014

I do ignore it, quite frankly I've had to deal with worse than Internet trolls. However, it says a lot about Internet culture and the lack of values when people start making these comments, especially when you think that there was nothing there to incite hate. It's the same BS that you see in Italian football and the random monkey chants.

Anyway, I read on Milannews that Ambrosini was asked to join by Chennai (the team with Materazzi), but he decided against it. A shame really, but I think he probably feels that he's got more to offer at top level football or wasn't convinced.


RE: Hero Indian Super League - ACMILAN1983 - 10-06-2014

Not sure if anyone else has been following, but the ISL starts this Sunday (12th October). The schedule will be daily matches being played for 2 months with the final in December. I personally look forward to this and hope it's a success for reasons stated before.

Also, Ambrosini's agent confirmed he had an offer from a club but rejected. I believe he's working with Sky these days?

As mentioned before there are a number of teams in the ISL, each with a foreign headcoach and marquee players:


Atlético de Kolkata
Coach: Antonio López Habas
Player: Luis Garcia

Chennaiyin FC
Coach: Marco Materazzi
Player: Elano

Delhi Dynamos
Coach: Harm van Veldhoven
Player: Alessandro Del Piero

Goa
Coach: Zico
Player: Robert Pirès

Kerala Blasters
Coach and player: David James

Mumbai City
Coach: Peter Reid
Player: Fredrik Ljungberg

NorthEast United
Coach: Ricki Herbert
Player: Joan Capdevila

Pune City
Coach: Franco Colomba
Player: David Trezeguet

Hopefully, the Indian players and coaches will be able to learn and apply new ideas from those involved into the national game, developing the sport in the country.

I will be watching the ISL and will try to post updates about it. If anyone else does watch it, it would be interesting to see different opinions.


RE: Hero Indian Super League - xudong - 10-06-2014

Quite a few big names there. Okmilan I hope that they will help Hero Indian Super League gather positive attention from the rest of the football world.


RE: Hero Indian Super League - reza - 10-06-2014

Years ago, ancient in internet terms, I had a site called longlivesoccer.com - most of the site is online in "archive" form. During that time I was in contact with Shaji Prabhakaran who submitted a few articles on Indian football. For example http://www.rgdot.com/archived/lls/indiafootball4.htm. Interesting to see the contrast (also see http://www.rgdot.com/archived/lls/aarchives.htm for more of his articles)


RE: Hero Indian Super League - ACMILAN1983 - 10-07-2014

Thanks for the feedback guys. Xu, bear in mind these are the marquee players, but other foreign (and relatively known) players should be involved, as I read teams will be allowed 7 foreign players and are required to have 14 Indian players. Other names I'm pretty certain are involved are Nicholas Anelka and Michael Chopra.

Reza, I did a quick google search on the person you had contact with and he works in FIFA as Regional Development officer for South and Central Asia. It'd be interesting to see what his views are on ISL.

It's worth mentioning that there is controversy surrounding the ISL and particularly what it means for the I-League (India's actual football league), as many, usually those involved in the I-League, consider it to be to the detriment to that league. That said, I think as things are the I-League's barely growing and interest in the sport is in pockets of some regions of India, while it's well known youth development is difficult especially as many academies have high fees meaning a lot of kids are excluded. There's very little in the way of qualified/high quality coaching involved too imo, not on the level to help the country grow.

There are rumours the ISL will eventually merge with the I-League, which would be interesting. Initially though, what's important imo is that the sport gets much more public attention than it has until now, which is what the ISL should do. After that, teams and the sponsors/backers (IMG Reliance who have funded this) need to invest in youth development. I think it serves in the interest of the clubs knowing they need 14 Indian players in the squad and with teams playing every 4-5 days, it would make sense they need a strong squad to be competitive.

Something I think would really benefit the growth of football is to have a show (mostly aimed at the youth), which teaches them the fundamental technical skills in football. This is something that was done in Japan and it's paid dividends.


RE: Hero Indian Super League - Mystik - 10-07-2014

Was listening to the World Football Phone-In and this guy called in to say that he was playing in his Sunday league and played against Andre Santos! In case people don't know who he is, he's a 31 year old Brazilian footballer who used to play for Arsenal not long ago. Sad that his career took such a serious nose dive..but the reason I bring him up is because he's also going to Indian Super League along with Robert Pires at FC Goa. Another "medium profile" name going over to India to play the beautiful game.


RE: Hero Indian Super League - xudong - 10-07-2014

I know it is off topic, but poor Andre Santos was beaten up by his own fans a few months ago in Brazil.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2699716/Andre-Santos-attacked-Flamengo-fans-ex-Arsenal-man-target-defeat-Internacional.html


RE: Hero Indian Super League - ACMILAN1983 - 10-08-2014

If I'm right Andre Santos was performing below expectations and fans beat him up after blaming him for a loss. To make matters worse, Flamengo actually sacked him after he got beaten up, but later denied it (publicly at least) after realising it would be bad PR.

It's actually a sad story that highlights some of the administrative and safety issues in Brazilian football.


RE: Hero Indian Super League - ACMILAN1983 - 10-11-2014

Finally starts tomorrow and I have some, not much though, broadcasting news. In South Asia, generally the Start Sports channels will be showing this.

In the UK, Star Gold will be showing the competition. In Australia, Fox Sports will show the matches, while in France and Greece, Eurosport will show matches.

Unfortunately I have no news about other parts of Europe or the USA. That said, like the UK I'm sure Star channels will be available in the US and so I'd expect one of them to be showing the games.