![]() |
|
Week 5: Inter - Milan September 22 2024 20:45CET - Printable Version +- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum) +-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2) +--- Forum: Games & Tactics (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8) +--- Thread: Week 5: Inter - Milan September 22 2024 20:45CET (/showthread.php?tid=3098) |
RE: Week 5: Inter - Milan September 22 2024 20:45CET - Bennacer - 09-23-2024 You can see why Fonseca wanted Abraham so badly. He is the ideal player for his tactics. A pressing mad man, with a combination of all skills an attacker should have. Yes he lacks something in front of goal, but if he gets trust and is injury free he could be a relevation for us. RE: Week 5: Inter - Milan September 22 2024 20:45CET - Kris forever - 09-23-2024 Abraham is easy to like as he is like the opposite of Leao. He is not the striker to lead us to glory, but he is useful and will do for our current ambitions. RE: Week 5: Inter - Milan September 22 2024 20:45CET - Aficio - 09-23-2024 We score in every match, exactly 2 goals each. Though our strikers are atrocious at finishing, it is not the biggest problem. Fonseca should limit the time for high pressing as our defenders are not good enough against counters. Maintaining a compact structure is what we need and we can carry out. Week 5: Inter - Milan September 22 2024 20:45CET - Inas - 09-23-2024 I'm only going to talk about four players, plus Fonseca. 1. Fonseca: He really made us eat our words. I love the courage to change to a formation that hasn't been seen at Milan since probably the time of Berlusconi [emoji1]. We know the problem during Pioli was his insistence for doing the same thing over and over against Inter, and failing each time. So it's refreshing to have someone do something different against the odds. Like I said, it's the courage to dare to do that. He has shown he isn't afraid of taking unpopular, hard decisions when he dropped Theo and Leao. I believe this is what the team needs. 2. Emerson Royal: In a way I really feel sorry for this guy. Everyone hates him, nobody believes he's any good (I'm not saying he's - yet). He's that type of player whose mistakes are amplified tenfold because he's already deemed useless. He's not entitled to get away with same mistakes that others make. And he needs to do double what others do to have some good words said about him. I think he was shaky in the 1st half, but truly solid in the 2nd half. He may grow to be at least a decent RB, who knows? 3. Abraham: Passion, work rate, movements, pace. This guy brings about everything we've been missing in a striker for a while. I now see why Fonseca wanted him so much. I hate when I remember he's on loan. 4. Leao: Well, what's there to say? Lazy, nonchalant, frustrating, I-don't-care attitude. We should sell any moment the opportunity presents itself. RE: Week 5: Inter - Milan September 22 2024 20:45CET - mazen111 - 09-23-2024 https://youtu.be/HhoUKtpePbI?si=ewg53YOqPkCh0_7v Excellent clip RE: Week 5: Inter - Milan September 22 2024 20:45CET - Sampinjon - 09-23-2024 (09-23-2024, 09:37 AM)Inas Wrote: 2. Emerson Royal: In a way I really feel sorry for this guy. Everyone hates him, nobody believes he's any good (I'm not saying he's - yet). He's that type of player whose mistakes are amplified tenfold because he's already deemed useless. He's not entitled to get away with same mistakes that others make. And he needs to do double what others do to have some good words said about him. I think he was shaky in the 1st half, but truly solid in the 2nd half. He may grow to be at least a decent RB, who knows? Why would anyone be sorry for him? It's not me or you who's fault is that he didn't had a good season during last 5 years or so. It's his, so he gets what he asks for. No wonder why people are skeptical about him. Do you, or anyone, knows any player who, after 5 years of abysmality, "reinvented" himself and became beast on the highest level? I don't. Except occasional good game here and there, there's nothing more to except from him. That should and must not be enough for Milan. Which brings us to another question, why buy player who didn't had a decent season for half of a decade? Especially for critical position where your "first choice" (amongst common folks known as "el capitano") is extremely unreliable? Speaking of "visions" and "quality scouting"... Btw, let's hope this win will be turning point, because if everything ends just on win against Inter, than... RE: Week 5: Inter - Milan September 22 2024 20:45CET - nefremo - 09-23-2024 The enthusiasm is great. Maybe this win will change things for Fonseca. But I won't base my opinion on a derby win. Let's see what happens against Lecce first and foremost and then against Bayer. We need consistency and a string of victories/positive results. We were better then Inter yesterday....but the game was won with a set piece in the 89th minute. Although we missed many chances (and we had more then them), there sure were a few that they missed/Mike saved as well. My point is, despite the performance, this could have easily ended in a loss or a draw. So what then? Would we have fired Fonseca? Same performance,. Same game. Different result. Again, all I'm saying is that Fonseca's future should be decided on a larger sample than just 1 game. Derby or not. He's been here for 2.5 months. So I repeat...is what he's done in the past 2.5 months good enough? But of course, there is zero chance he'd be sacked after a derby win. And he shouldn't. I just hope that we keep building on this, rather than just delaying the inevitable. With all that said, I DO think this derby win was different then others. After 6 consecutive losses in this game, after all the pressure from fans and media , after the bad start to the season and general horrid displays at times, after what seemed like lockerroom troubles already between our "stars" and coaching staff.......the display yesterday and the win itself DOES have the potential to bring the group closer together. Maybe some relationships will get repaired (if there was damage to begin with) and maybe we'll see a different Milan going forward. That's what I'm hoping for. I'm hoping something clicked in everyone's head after yesterday. And I want to see the same against Lecce. RE: Week 5: Inter - Milan September 22 2024 20:45CET - winstonwolfe - 09-23-2024 Regardless of the winning goal and Gabbia's good game, for me Reijnders is still the man of the match, a phenomenal game for him, a fantastic player, he does well in every position, fantastic ball control, deep penetrations between the opponent's lines, all in all a phenomenal player. Maybe our best player this season. And I have the feeling that there is a huge room for improvement. Whoever discovered him and recommended, did a great job. Now, the victory was achieved and we should not be ungrateful, but several things were really bad, and all of them are probably related to the disastrous approach of Leao. On the left side where he played, there was too much space that was not covered, Leao just looked like he was pressing, but actually he didn't think at all whether he was doing it well or not, but he thought that easy running was enough. Lucky for us, Inzaghi threw all his cards at attacks from our right side where Emerson was playing and from that side Inter was extremely dangerous. Due to the fact that Leao disastrously covered his space, the players in the middle moved to his side of the field and spent more time and energy there, and when Inter switched the game to the side where Emerson was playing, Pulisic never managed to completely close his part of the pitch because he was late. Inter had opportunities precisely because of we defended like this, and most often because of a dangerous crossess from Dimarco. Apart from this, Inter was completely shut down and could not make a single dangerous move. Morata was also excellent, he managed to keep the ball very well and several good counterattacks went through thanks to him. And defensively, he did a lot of dirty work. If he stays healthy, he will be a great addition this season. What to say about Leao, he shows absolutely no improvement compared to the season when they played the semi-finals of the Champions League. A complete disappointment. If he doesn't get serious, he will become the new Balotelli. At the moment he doesn't deserve a place in the starting line-up and he should sit on the bench for a while, so maybe he realizes that he needs to work a little harder. In this condition and how he plays and acts on the field, he is a big burden and problem for the team. RE: Week 5: Inter - Milan September 22 2024 20:45CET - Sleeping Giant - 09-23-2024 I hope this would be turning point for Fonseca, get us win against Leece and Bayer. We are high on confidence and this spirit should not burn out. Arteta I remember was horrendous in starting, but then few good games and made a club like Arsenal competive again after 2005. RE: Week 5: Inter - Milan September 22 2024 20:45CET - ACMmike - 09-23-2024 IF we win against Bayer and Lecce the attitude will definitely shift. Hoping for the best. Beating Inter was arguably harder than getting a result against Liverpool so maybe we've switched the script. Funny though how a change of formation brought us results maybe this is what's best going fwd. That original formation was a little bit confusing to say the least! |