Palermo - Milan (May 10, 20h45) Coppa Italia Semifinal Second Leg
The barbera is generally one of hardest places to win. Before this year, when was last time we won there? And not consistently even then.

Only San Paolo is probably harder.

Southern italy is terrible for AC Milan. They still do all those 3rd world south american type tricks.
I wanted Merda to finish the season with 0 tituli. But I don't really care if they win it to be honest. Still we are the Champions Of Italy.
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
xudong you're a little harsh. First half, palermo did nothing really. they sat deep, we couldn't find pato, just kinda passed it around and crossed a lot.

We could have used ibra as a focal point there... i agree, those type of defensive tactics r were ibra's size, strength and technique is useful (aka serie a)
By the way, Pastore's ball to ilicic was a thing of beauty, the decision making, control and right pass..... we r missing a CAM who can do that stuff.

Granted Cassano does it regularly, he isn't a CAM
(05-10-2011, 09:49 PM)Pato Milan Wrote: Where I was watching the match these annoying spanish commentators said Milan never won the scudetto and the coppa in the same year....

that's true though. we never did. we were in a good position this year but wasted it.

another year we were really close was 91-92, but we were eliminated by Roma also in the semi-final. claudio caniggia was the terminator back then.
aka xudong
I want Pirlo out of milan, i used to love him i still do for all hes done and no offence to anyone but slow playmakers DONT WORK ANYMORE fast playmakers with quick one touch low balls like hernanes and the high balls he can also provide are what's needed these days.. we have to forget about this and move on but in all honesty i think palermo will win the coppa this year they have a good chance...
(05-10-2011, 09:49 PM)Ca Rossonero Wrote:
(05-10-2011, 09:43 PM)Siregar Wrote: So pathetic. We can't win two games in a row vs Palermo? So shit!

We lost this tie causee of sokratis. Both first leg goals=sokratis errors

Yes. He was awful. But simply not the reason we are out.
Except if Milan are a team who can't win Palermo and reach the final because of a young player underachieving in the first leg.
Also, the second goal was not his fault.
He keeps in line with our defenders while the defensive miracle named Luca Antonini forgets to push up.So, naturally, Papa is "losing" his player.
I ain't saying Papa deserves a spot in Milan roster from what I've seen so far.
I just think you can't blame ONLY Papa, just because Palermo has our number and our players and coach for 60 minutes don't give a fuck about the cup final.
(05-10-2011, 09:52 PM)Ca Rossonero Wrote: xudong you're a little harsh. First half, palermo did nothing really. they sat deep, we couldn't find pato, just kinda passed it around and crossed a lot.

We could have used ibra as a focal point there... i agree, those type of defensive tactics r were ibra's size, strength and technique is useful (aka serie a)
By the way, Pastore's ball to ilicic was a thing of beauty, the decision making, control and right pass..... we r missing a CAM who can do that stuff.

Granted Cassano does it regularly, he isn't a CAM

maybe i was being harsh by calling it a joke, but I am sure that we agree on most points anyway. we should have capitalized on the chances we were presented them. I had a bad feeling when robinho so easily wasted the scoring chance. My point is that palermo didn't need to win, we did; but we didn't show the urgency at all in the entire first half and most of the second half too. The fact that palermo didn't do anything in the first half was expected.

I was quite confident prior to this game. I really thought it would be a game that we could take care of. It was very different from most of our recent league games, so I am sure that it is the attitude that makes a difference. Allegri had made some mistake on the lineup, but still that gave no excuse of not killing the game off.

anyway, FORZA MILAN no matter what.

P.S. Somehow I always thought the game was tomorrow; I was going to watch Merda-Roma match today three minutes before the game, and surprised to see that it was our match. and it turned out to be such a stupid game. Confused

aka xudong
My friends and cousins who are inter fans wont stfu now.. i hope wishs inter goes to seria b one year or never wins anything again i dont think i hate anyhthing more then inter i hate them with a passion
i was shifting to pastores side over ganso before this game, now i am fully on the pastore side he's definitely a player we NEED not justr want we need a player like that
(05-10-2011, 09:49 PM)theaxeofpain Wrote: Oh well, maybe the players were still drunk after the celebrations.

I second to this. Dodgy

So many useless long passes, no creativity, movement etc. We played in first half like we only need to maintain the scoreline. Second half still with no high motivation to win this game. Only when we down to 1 goal, the players started to wake up. Late to wake up if the players were not in their normal form. Abate was not defensively strong as we normally watch, Robinho did nothing and had terrible long ball, so many misunderstanding like we just started to train together, etc.

I really can't think how a Serie A winner can't win just one game from two games against, in what position Palermo right now? Big five? Oh, 8th. position. So shame with the results.

I am happy Allegri gives us scudetto but this is just stupid KO from coppa seeing we value this cup important this season.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Also, maybe it is a long shot, but I blame it on Pazzini too. If he didn't score those two goals for Merda in the dying minutes against Cesena, then we would have celebrated our Scudetto a week earlier, then we would be both physically and mentally more prepared for this semi-final.

It is indeed too hard for our players (or even coach, but coach should've done better) to be 100% composed after you just won the Scudetto after seven years. I still think that we should've done better. There are so many reason that why we should, and why we could. but I am so pissed that I don't even want to discuss any more.

by the way, was it just me that Ilicic felt down so easily? From the replay, it seemed that it was only a slight shirt-pulling from van bommel. The red card is still right though, but it looked like a dive to me.

ah, well, fuck it. I am now officially done with the season. Moving on to the Mercato. Hopefully B & G realize that we still need A LOT of reinforcement if we want to go back to the top of Europe.
aka xudong