Milan Management
Not really, but apparently he's earmarked Emery or Pellegrini for the coaching role.
He is practically begging to be part of team management.

Maldini: "Berlusconi said that I've chosen another path? It's true that I'm a co-owner of Miami FC but I have no internal role in the club."
http://www.football-italia.net/85265/mal...-knowledge

Maldini spoke out today apparently. I agree with every word he says. At the end, even through all of this and all the disrespect he's gotten from Galliani, his answer to "will you work for a club not called Milan".........."impossible". What a legend!!!
Guys we always blame galliani for not including legends, but Berlu is the last person in the world who wants to share the spotlight. Ultimately we bring back Maldini, get investments in the club and Berlu gets scared we forgot about him. Just sell the club man and quit making these whacky statements and decisions.
(06-01-2016, 10:10 PM)nefremo Wrote: his answer to "will you work for a club not called Milan".........."impossible". What a legend!!!

Proud
The interview is just sad. We feel so terrible about this situation as a fan, I can't even imagine what Paolo feels. He help built the great legacy.
More than anything else I thought he just seemed irritated in his comments, clearly about the lies Silvio said about his availability.

There's not really much wrong in what he said, we know all these things anyway, I just hope he can return with Galliani out if the Chinese sale happens.
Here's a more detailed translation of the Maldini interview posted before:

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2016/06/02/...-be-a-fan/?

As I thought, the comment about it being impossible to work for another club was specifically aimed at Inter. I thought the FI translation there was wrong.

Edit: Actually just of interest, I was thinking if people think Maldini is a guy we'd want in management and how convinced they are. I know a lot of fans want him back, but I'd be interested in knowing how sure people are that they want him back and why they want him back, or maybe they don't and if not, why not?

For example, I've been one of the most vocal in wanting him back and I'd say I'm pretty convinced, if I was to put a quantifiable figure, then perhaps around 70% sure that he'd be good for the club.
It's always interesting to read how attachment to a club also translates to attachment to an owner. I am always a bit surprised to see the two being considered the same almost. Of course a player respects an owner, not saying he shouldn't but lines like

"I think it’s absurd to talk about new owners"

are silly, whether Maldini says it or some nobody like me says it. This is a sort of 'conservatism' that holds back progress within football, Italian football a bit more than other countries.
(06-02-2016, 04:26 PM)reza Wrote: It's always interesting to read how attachment to a club also translates to attachment to an owner. I am always a bit surprised to see the two being considered the same almost. Of course a player respects an owner, not saying he shouldn't but lines like

"I think it’s absurd to talk about new owners"

are silly, whether Maldini says it or some nobody like me says it. This is a sort of 'conservatism' that holds back progress within football, Italian football a bit more than other countries.

I agree with this, but I think Maldini meant that the talk of new owners has been happening for a while now. He seems unconvinced that it is real.

Do you guys think the sale is likely to happen?

I am reasonably optimistic that the sale will happen, but there is a chance with Silvio Berlusconi that it won't.  He is a selfish man, and until I see things as official I will not celebrate.  Every interview he has given in the last few days has been rehearsed. And it says the same thing "the Chinese are reliable, I want someone who can take us back to the top, but if this plan doesn't work it will be ItalMilan." Today, he added, however, that I know their names and I have some excellent, encouraging information on the Chinese.

I am going to be frank: if ItalMilan does materialize, then I will probably switch off from football altogether.  It will be painful but necessary.  Supporting another team is unthinkable, so I may just give up on the sport.  That is how stark things are.  The difference between a sale and a non-sale is pretty huge for me.  What will be worse is if Inter are sold and we aren't.  That will definitely be it for me then.  I may just tune into international football and check Serie A's coefficients.

This month is a crucial month for us.