Milan Management
Milan could prepare a revolution, with Paolo Maldini and Zvonimir Boban sacked to give Ralf Rangnick full powers as coach and director of sport, claims Sky Sport. They claim that owners Elliott Management and CEO Ivan Gazidis, want to make sweeping changes to the structure of the club after what has been a poor start to the season by the Rossoneri. Sky Sport suggest that Gazidis and Elliott are looking at former Stuttgart, Schalke and RB Leipzig coach Ralf Rangnick as a potential candidate for a position that’s unheard of in the Italian game. Paolo Maldini and Zvonimir Boban would be relieved of their current roles, as there have been reports of differences in philosophies between the former two Milan players and Gazidis.6
Foreign coach, Elliott must be reading my posts Tongue
Seriously though, a revolution is needed, but this big? May be.
Great news.
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
i think elliot has the blame pointed at the wrong person.. i personally think the fault lies with Gazidis.. how can a world class sporting director like Leonardo be let go so easily..? then when an experienced football head like Boban who worked in Uefa/Fifa comes in.. he too is about to be replaced.. and what was the big mistake by Boban specifically..? probably hiring MG.. the signings made were good.. just the coach sucked
(11-27-2019, 09:22 PM)SkyEdge Wrote: i think elliot has the blame pointed at the wrong person.. i personally think the fault lies with Gazidis.. how can a world class sporting director like Leonardo be let go so easily..? then when an experienced football head like Boban who worked in Uefa/Fifa comes in.. he too is about to be replaced.. and what was the big mistake by Boban specifically..? probably hiring MG.. the signings made were good.. just the coach sucked

I have been saying that for a quite a time here, Gazidis completely bought Arsenal to rubble in his tenure.
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
Ralf Rangnick as coach and director of sport? If this is true, they have completely lost their minds.
(11-28-2019, 12:12 AM)Acmir Wrote: Ralf Rangnick as coach and director of sport? If this is true, they have completely lost their minds.

It's not happening but why do you say that?
Pretty much the only thing good about the English system is giving someone good all the power of the Sporting side. He will have scouts etc doing his daily off the pitch stuff. Rangnick has big experience as coach and football development with Red Bull teams, including their South American scouting, player development and more.
(11-28-2019, 12:19 AM)reza Wrote: It's not happening but why do you say that?
Pretty much the only thing good about the English system is giving someone good all the power of the Sporting side. He will have scouts etc doing his daily off the pitch stuff. Rangnick has big experience as coach and football development with Red Bull teams, including their South American scouting, player development and more.

It's a double edge sword. I would love to do this, but how do you know if someone is good or not? You run the risk of spending a ton of money on certain players...and what if it doesn't work. Patience is thin. If we are to do that, we have to be willing to accept the consequences and battle for years if need be. What I mean is, it might take 2, 3, 4, 5 years for thigns to fall into place. Are we willing to accept that?

I think a healthy balance is the key. Let the coach/manager have control somewhat....but someone has to keep an eye on the club's interest. Someone has to be able to pull the leash when needed. 

There is a reason there was only 1 Ferguson. These things are rare
if they fired maldini and boban, i will stop supporting milan. i think the one need to take the blame is gazidis. his idea of a football club is just absurd, he just wants to make this milan turn into udinese.
(11-27-2019, 09:22 PM)SkyEdge Wrote: i think elliot has the blame pointed at the wrong person.. i personally think the fault lies with Gazidis.. how can a world class sporting director like Leonardo be let go so easily..? then when an experienced football head like Boban who worked in Uefa/Fifa comes in.. he too is about to be replaced.. and what was the big mistake by Boban specifically..? probably hiring MG.. the signings made were good.. just the coach sucked

Spot on there... Boban and Maldini seem to be trying to run the club one way while Gazidis is pointing the club in a different direction... 

(11-28-2019, 12:30 AM)nefremo Wrote: It's a double edge sword. I would love to do this, but how do you know if someone is good or not? You run the risk of spending a ton of money on certain players...and what if it doesn't work. Patience is thin. If we are to do that, we have to be willing to accept the consequences and battle for years if need be. What I mean is, it might take 2, 3, 4, 5 years for thigns to fall into place. Are we willing to accept that?

I think a healthy balance is the key. Let the coach/manager have control somewhat....but someone has to keep an eye on the club's interest. Someone has to be able to pull the leash when needed. 

There is a reason there was only 1 Ferguson. These things are rare

Yep. I think so too. I'm not sure that this is the best idea.

(11-28-2019, 01:44 AM)sylrus Wrote: if they fired maldini and boban, i will stop supporting milan. i think the one need to take the blame is gazidis. his idea of a football club is just absurd, he just wants to make this milan turn into udinese.

Not sure I'll jump ship from Milan but will be extremely pissed if Maldini and Boban are fired before Gazidis. 

If changes need to be made(and I think they do) then Gazidis needs to go first. Then, after a season, if it's still not working then replace those two but I do honestly feel that if they were allowed to make the decisions they'd prefer, we'd not be in this situation. We'd have signed a better coach rather an economical one, and signed some experience and young talent rather than just young talent.