Milan Management
(06-04-2019, 10:39 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: According to Corriere della Sera, Zvonimir Boban could occupy Milan's sporting director role. The management team will be unveiled on Friday
excellent
Ok, before I ban myself for not knowing this Big Grin What exactly is the difference between technical director and sporting director? We already have CEO and President, why two instead one more level/position?
(06-04-2019, 10:43 PM)reza Wrote: Ok, before I ban myself for not knowing this Big Grin What exactly is the difference between technical director and sporting director? We already have CEO and President, why two instead one more level/position?
god only knows
https://sempremilan.com/corsera-boban-em...g-director

CorSera: Boban emerges as serious candidate to be AC Milan sporting director
https://app.football-italia.net/#article...u=news-all

Boban set for Milan role?
Football Italia
Di Marzio reports that Maldini’s first choice for the sporting director role is Lazio’s Igli Tare, who remains a difficult target
(06-04-2019, 11:23 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Di Marzio reports that Maldini’s first choice for the sporting director role is Lazio’s Igli Tare, who remains a difficult target

Would love to get our hands on him!
(06-04-2019, 10:43 PM)reza Wrote: Ok, before I ban myself for not knowing this Big Grin What exactly is the difference between technical director and sporting director? We already have CEO and President, why two instead one more level/position?

My question exactly. All this time I thought it was the same thing! Big Grin

So, when Leo was here...was Maldini the Sporting Director???
(06-05-2019, 12:26 AM)nefremo Wrote: My question exactly. All this time I thought it was the same thing! Big Grin

So, when Leo was here...was Maldini the Sporting Director???

from my understanding, the sporting director is involved more with the team and playing group. the link between management and the coach/players.
While a technical director head all of that plus the scouting, buying/selling of players.

That's my understanding of it.

Maldini just had more influence than the usual sporting director.
Boban rumoured to take a role in the management of the club ... and Rui Costa (yes !) is also rumoured to be a target for the DS role
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !