Milan Management
(04-13-2018, 10:16 PM)slifersd Wrote: Maldini has a great life away from Italy and Milan. Not sure why he would want to get involved with the mess here to begin with. The reality is, Italian soccer, and Milan included, relies heavily on relationships and having friends in the right places to get things done. The good ol boys club is alive and well there. A straight shooter like Maldini is a terrible fit in that environment. Odds are, even if Maldini does work for Milan or Italian national team, his contributions would been very limited because of his out spoken nature and he would just end up getting frustrated anyway.

Truth hurts
true words slifersd

however, i think that he is simply waitin too long for the right occasion. at least when we speak of ACM, the team he represented and captained for decades. speaking of me, even knowing of the chaos at the club, i'd simply throw myself in. at least try to make things better. Maldini owes this to Milan. No matter if Silvio or the chinese are at the helm. I show my respect to Seedorf, Inzaghi, Gattuso and even Abbiati , for having the balls to work for us, even though the situation was much worse than its now. i wish i could say the same for Maldini. IMO, he expects Milan to become top again, to be part of the winners only. I dont like this.
Maldini owes Milan nothing and Milan owes him nothing. Let's get this clear because I've seen on a number of occasions assumptions that because of his history with the club he's obligated to return almost regardless of the role offered.

When Berlusconi and Galliani were in charge he wasn't offered a chance to return. Even if he was to return his role would have been nothing more than as a show pony to advertise the club with no influence.

Under the new management, he declined the role over lack of clarity on what his position would be, how he would fit in the new management structure and lack of accessibility with the new ownership. I'm inclined to agree with his views, as I'm not sure where he'd fit with Fassone and Mirabelli and given that a year on we still have little clue about Yonghong Li his doubts about the owners aren't unwarranted.

Maldini returning isn't the same as the others, as firstly most of those who returned were mostly (failed) coaches and in Abbiati's not in a role with great responsibility. In Maldini's case, his role would almost certainly be at management or director level, meaning he would not only be the face of the management team, but would be held directly responsible for their performance by most of the press/public (again due to his affiliated history with the club).

Therefore if he's in a role with little to no power and yet has responsibility placed at his feet, it's natural he won't accept the role. If he is to return, it has to be in a role where he can work on his terms and isn't restricted in taking big decisions.

Just look at Baggio's time working in youth development for the FIGC. He went in trying to implement his ideas, but with everything he suggested falling on deaf ears, eventually left out of frustration as he was clearly just hired for his marketability for others.

Maldini has to protect himself from the same happening to him. I want him to return as much as anyone, but I'd be distraught if he came back only to end up like Baggio.
Unless he is part of the ownership group, that is his money is into it too then of course he has to answer to someone, so of course he can refuse to be part of something where responsibility outweighs what he can do to influence the actions and outcomes.
(04-14-2018, 04:52 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Maldini owes Milan nothing and Milan owes him nothing. Let's get this clear because I've seen on a number of occasions assumptions that because of his history with the club he's obligated to return almost regardless of the role offered.

When Berlusconi and Galliani were in charge he wasn't offered a chance to return. Even if he was to return his role would have been nothing more than as a show pony to advertise the club with no influence.

Under the new management, he declined the role over lack of clarity on what his position would be, how he would fit in the new management structure and lack of accessibility with the new ownership. I'm inclined to agree with his views, as I'm not sure where he'd fit with Fassone and Mirabelli and given that a year on we still have little clue about Yonghong Li his doubts about the owners aren't unwarranted.

Maldini returning isn't the same as the others, as firstly most of those who returned were mostly (failed) coaches and in Abbiati's not in a role with great responsibility. In Maldini's case, his role would almost certainly be at management or director level, meaning he would not only be the face of the management team, but would be held directly responsible for their performance by most of the press/public (again due to his affiliated history with the club).

Therefore if he's in a role with little to no power and yet has responsibility placed at his feet, it's natural he won't accept the role. If he is to return, it has to be in a role where he can work on his terms and isn't restricted in taking big decisions.

Just look at Baggio's time working in youth development for the FIGC. He went in trying to implement his ideas, but with everything he suggested falling on deaf ears, eventually left out of frustration as he was clearly just hired for his marketability for others.

Maldini has to protect himself from the same happening to him. I want him to return as much as anyone, but I'd be distraught if he came back only to end up like Baggio.

Of course he owes a lot to Milan , and of course Milan owes to him a lot. He had the chance to ignite his splendid career at the club at the age of 17 if not mistaken. He had the luck to finish his splendid career with us. Ac Milan owes him also a lot for all he has done and given to the club. in some way Silvio's Milan and Paolo Maldini grew to the greatest success together,.. thats why Maldini is the symbol of the club. 
No matter of how the situation of the club is, or how the story would end Paolo Maldini had to become part of the club when called. i know that galliani didnt want him, but the chinese made an offer to him in the summer. and he refused....
(04-14-2018, 05:18 PM)reza Wrote: Unless he is part of the ownership group, that is his money is into it too then of course he has to answer to someone, so of course he can refuse to be part of something where responsibility outweighs what he can do to influence the actions and outcomes.

I agree, he does have to answer to someone, but there needs to be clarity on who that is. Bear in mind he said when he rejected the role previously, he asked the question if he and Mirabelli disagree on something, how is the decision made? You could argue Fassone, but it's become clear that Fassone doesn't interfere too much in Mirabelli's work and the sporting project, he's generally letting Mirabelli have ownership of the sector. If Maldini answers to Mirabelli, then what exactly would be his role in the sporting sector?

If Maldini comes it will only be on a management or directorial role, meaning he will need absolute clarity on which responsibilities lie with who and he needs to be given a level of autonomy to let him do his job (much like Mirabelli now). I think this clarity was lacking back when there were discussions and that's why I've been in support of his decision not to accept the role. I think had he agreed, we'd potentially have a power struggle and chaos in the club.

I think his reasoning to also have doubts about not having direct contact with the ownership is true as well. A person on the board of directors at a club should have meetings involving owners/investors into the club. This isn't anything special, it's normal business practice.

(04-15-2018, 11:38 AM)artand Wrote: Of course he owes a lot to Milan , and of course Milan owes to him a lot. He had the chance to ignite his splendid career at the club at the age of 17 if not mistaken. He had the luck to finish his splendid career with us. Ac Milan owes him also a lot for all he has done and given to the club. in some way Silvio's Milan and Paolo Maldini grew to the greatest success together,.. thats why Maldini is the symbol of the club. 
No matter of how the situation of the club is, or how the story would end Paolo Maldini had to become part of the club when called. i know that galliani didnt want him, but the chinese made an offer to him in the summer. and he refused....

That's not how reality works and nor should it. His history as a player to the club doesn't mean he's obligated to live his life in service to the club, no matter how glorious that playing career was. There's an emotional attachment there from both sides, but if he feels the terms are unfavourable or he has doubts about what's being offered, then he's absolutely within his rights to reject the offer and the decision should be respected.

I want Maldini back, I've been harping on about it for years now. However, there's no point in him coming back unless the conditions are correct, not only would it end in disaster, but it would end with his legacy getting tarnished.
(04-15-2018, 01:35 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I agree, he does have to answer to someone, but there needs to be clarity on who that is. Bear in mind he said when he rejected the role previously, he asked the question if he and Mirabelli disagree on something, how is the decision made? You could argue Fassone, but it's become clear that Fassone doesn't interfere too much in Mirabelli's work and the sporting project, he's generally letting Mirabelli have ownership of the sector. If Maldini answers to Mirabelli, then what exactly would be his role in the sporting sector?

If Maldini comes it will only be on a management or directorial role, meaning he will need absolute clarity on which responsibilities lie with who and he needs to be given a level of autonomy to let him do his job (much like Mirabelli now). I think this clarity was lacking back when there were discussions and that's why I've been in support of his decision not to accept the role. I think had he agreed, we'd potentially have a power struggle and chaos in the club.

I think his reasoning to also have doubts about not having direct contact with the ownership is true as well. A person on the board of directors at a club should have meetings involving owners/investors into the club. This isn't anything special, it's normal business practice.

That's not how reality works and nor should it. His history as a player to the club doesn't mean he's obligated to live his life in service to the club, no matter how glorious that playing career was. There's an emotional attachment there from both sides, but if he feels the terms are unfavourable or he has doubts about what's being offered, then he's absolutely within his rights to reject the offer and the decision should be respected.

I want Maldini back, I've been harping on about it for years now. However, there's no point in him coming back unless the conditions are correct, not only would it end in disaster, but it would end with his legacy getting tarnished.

i respect your opinion, we have different views. 
with or without maldini, we want the same thing see Milan where it belongs.
(04-15-2018, 01:40 PM)artand Wrote: i respect your opinion, we have different views. 
with or without maldini, we want the same thing see Milan where it belongs.

Okmilan
Milan will reportedly present UEFA with a guarantee that Elliott Management will support the club if Yonghong Li is unable to.

Smart
I wish Al Khelaifi bought us.