Milan Management
Not necessarily a bad thing. Why risk tarnishing your image getting involved in a situation you are not completely sure of?

But at the same time it's a bit strange. Earlier he has spoken about how they don't want him, how the legends should work at the club, how the only job he will take is with Milan. Maybe he's just biding his time to see what the Chinese do with the club.
I kind of just got the impression he's fed up of being asked the same thing all the time.

Here's the full translation.

http://www.football-italia.net/91097/mal...-my-future

Wouldn't rule out anything, I think the Chinese owners and Fassone are probably more focused at this point on getting other pieces into place, with the ex-players, I think the likelihood is that mostly preliminary talks have been held at best.
I think Maldini would probably evaluate the new owners' priorities before making a commitment. Him coming back is a huge deal and there cannot be mistakes. Once bitten twice shy.
All these ex-players coming back is really more for show than anything substantial if you ask me. Even though we loved all those former stars, we must realize that there are far more qualified professionals out there who can do the job of running this team better than them. No offense to Maldini, Albertini, Costacurta or whoever, but not all players are cut out to be good management. I would even say that i'd be nervous if we offer someone like Maldini the role of DS, not saying he will be a disaster, but there are a lot of risk and he is so inexperienced in that role.
But not many qualified professionals lived Milan in their glory days first hand on and off the field. I get your point but I think there needs to be a mix of both; some who have been great players to share the culture and act as a symbol, and then someone 'qualified' to do the real stuff. I wouldn't undervalue the influence someone like Maldini could have in the club, likewise as he did when he was a player. I wouldn't give Maldini a directorial role, but rather something more of a symbol or ambassador or something.
Latest rumours are Mirabelli is favourite to come in according to both Sky and Gazzetta. Gazzetta also says Costacurta is favourite to come in for the "legend" role

http://www.milannews.it/rassegna-stampa/...rta-229435

I also found the rumour below of interest, as I've suggested in the past that Albertini might be an ideal long term replacement for Gandini.

http://www.milannews.it/rassegna-stampa/...ero-229441
(09-09-2016, 05:54 AM)WCmilan Wrote: But not many qualified professionals lived Milan in their glory days first hand on and off the field. I get your point but I think there needs to be a mix of both; some who have been great players to share the culture and act as a symbol, and then someone 'qualified' to do the real stuff. I wouldn't undervalue the influence someone like Maldini could have in the club, likewise as he did when he was a player. I wouldn't give Maldini a directorial role, but rather something more of a symbol or ambassador or something.

True, nobody knows the "Milan Way" better than those ex-greats of the team. But in my opinion, returning Milan to its former state might not actually be all that ideal to begin with. The Milan way was certainly glorious but also had serious flaws. It was a machine driven by massive amount of debt and lacked the necessary structure to be sustainable. The Milan Way gave us all those titles, but also provided the foundation for Galliani to become a dictator as well. The new Milan needs to stray away from that old school way of thinking, and not try to preserve the "Milan Way" at all cost. Instead, we need to modernize ourselves and become a new Milan. I don't mind the greats from yesterday to come back but I only want them as part of the new machine, as people with knowledge of soccer, not as some kind of crusader to restore the good old days.
What has Mirabelli done to deserve a position? I would much rather we get Prade or Sogliano.
Fassone worked with him before?
(09-10-2016, 04:35 AM)edysim Wrote: Fassone worked with him before?

But that shouldn't be the reason to hire someone. He used to be a scout at Inter so hoe is he more eliglble than other more experienced candidates?