Milan Management
if you read the Deloitte report that was released recently, you can see that the commercial revenue has increased while sporting revenue, like gate receipts has drastically reduced. Does not take a genius to see who is really doing their job between Barbara and Galliani. If this woman was given the reins, she would probably do a much better job.

She was the one who first said that we need to develop our own stars and also scout young players much before they become wonderkids and are bought by bigger clubs. She was the one who wanted a stadium, a casa milan and the one who went on a tour of the youth academies of Europe.

Galliani might love this club but his sheer presence is rotting everything.
(01-28-2016, 08:48 PM)edysim Wrote: The club is moving FORWARD with MANY projects..

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Technically she's not wrong, we've seen numerous changes in Milan as a business over the past few years. As Somedevil said, a lot of her work has actually yielded results (when Silvio and Galliani haven't touched it), but most of what's positive in Milan isn't what those interested in the sport are following.

Somedevil, I'd much rather Barbara being given the reins as you say, because while she's no expert on the sport, she's acknowledged the need for bringing in support to develop the sporting project. That said, a part of me now just wants her and anything remotely related to Silvio out. No offence to her, I'm just sick of the cancer of the current management. 

Besides, she's not that innocent, her introduction into the management has created a lot of instability and conflict. I understand why it happened, but it compounds the issues in the club.
A day after Barbara says that the realistic Goal is EL, Galliani comes out and says that no no , it is still CL. ha ha joke these guys are.
(01-30-2016, 08:05 AM)somedevil Wrote: A day after Barbara says that the realistic Goal is EL, Galliani comes out and says that no no , it is still CL. ha ha joke these guys are.

We all know Galliani is on drugs. Just like Silvio.
As we're at the 30 year anniversary of Silvio's ownership, there's a very interesting interview that's come out from him today:

http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/berl...rdi-202493
http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/berl...par-202482
http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/berl...lan-202478

First link isn't so interesting, he comments on his favourite coaches (Sacchi, Capello who he asked to return and Ancelotti). Then he says he likes to think he played a part with Sacchi in changing football, which I guess it's true as he's always been a bit of a visionary to make what happened reality.

The second link gets much more interesting. He shows confidence in Bee, his plans and gives an idea of the distinction of roles. Bee would effectively come in for marketing and commercial, while Silvio says the current management would stay in charge of sporting. He also projects that with Bee's plan in motion, there would be an increase of 100m per annum from China and the Middle East. Would be interesting to see what happens to Barbara, while it unfortunately also probably means Galliani stays and little to no hope of guys like Maldini returning.

He suggests Bacca will stay, Ibra isn't feasible and Pippo wasn't ready to coach. The rest is pretty mundane and uninteresting.

The third link is interesting for sporting comments. He says a new cycle is beginning centered on an Italian Milan. He's happy to see a mostly Italian defence and midfield, although the attack isn't. He then moves on to comment on how there's a youth development project in Milan, saying Donnarumma will not be sold and will be Milan's keeper for the next 20 years, he sees Locatelli as the new Pirlo and he comments on DES being part of the national team.

So, overall as always I would say tread with caution, we never quite know whether Silvio will mean or follow through on his comments. However, for the first time in years, it feels like he's commenting with an idea of a project in mind. Commercially, it's interesting to note that he comments with confidence on Bee, perhaps things aren't as bad as the media suggests.

The other point is he actually acknowledges a sporting project of building around a group of Italian players and players from our youth. This for me is pretty huge, not so much about an Italian Milan, but particularly the youth development project. This is the cornerstone of the project I've been describing and wanting for years and for the first time in forever, I actually believe that there's something to the comments, as we're seeing opportunities given to our youth under Miha (interesting to see no comment on him).

I'm not full of hope yet, but honestly it feels like the first time in over a decade that someone in the management (Silvio no less) is actually commenting not just on the past, but also the future and actually appears to have a real idea of what they want to build.
Thanks, Dev. That was at least encouraging to hear.
I hope this is a wrong translation (can't find the Italian original to check)

"What does Mihajlovic have to do to be confirmed next season? He must win from now till the end of the season. If Mihajlovic wins all his games I will easily be convinced."
(02-20-2016, 05:07 PM)reza Wrote: I hope this is a wrong translation (can't find the Italian original to check)

"What does Mihajlovic have to do to be confirmed next season? He must win from now till the end of the season. If Mihajlovic wins all his games I will easily be convinced."

I remember on Football Italia that it was something along the lines of an anniversary wish from Berlusconi during his interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-20-2016, 05:07 PM)reza Wrote: I hope this is a wrong translation (can't find the Italian original to check)

oh yea, that would be easy. O
come on berlu, get this end of season gift for me pleaaaaaaaaaase