B. Day (Berlusconi in Milanello)
It's a B. day like they say in medias !! Big Grin

Some interesting quotes from Berlusconi :
I'm in a particular moment with no institutional work and as a consequence, I have more time to take care of Milan and I come back with a lot of joy to take care of Milan with Galliani and Allegri.
We have done 26 years of a great Milan and we are the team that have won the most in the world. The main players of the last years have to leave because of their age, and with the sales of Ibra and Thiago, we have saved 160M in 3 years. In such a moment of crisis, we couldn't refuse such an offer. Milan is now back counting on young players. In January, we'll see if there is sales to make and if there is any possibility to buy new players.
The Bojan-Pato-ELS trio isn't bad at all and they are very young. Pato is a great champion we have always kept as a "not moving" player, though he had a lot of physical problems over the last 2 years. He must be confident again because we want to see again the "old" Pato. I recall some years ago, a Spanish team offered 50M for him.
Montolivo is the regista of the team, he has a lot of self-confidence. He's great as well defending as at dictate the tempo, he recalls me Pirlo in some ways. I'll sat to the coach to put him in the middle of the midfield. Some people will say that this way, I make the formation, but discussing with the coach about the module and the formation is a thing I've always done with all our coaches.
If the president didn't want a coach, he wouldn't be here right now, so if Allegri is still here, it's because he has my confidence. As a Milan fan, I say to other Milan fans that for 26 years, we have eaten "??" (caviale => caviar in French, but in English ?) and drunk champagne, now it's a moment like that, in which we start again from the young players.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Oh yeah, we now have omelet and fruit juice. Good diet for young people, indeed.
Same old sweet talks to me. Milannews also said that he held a private conversation with Bonera to ask if the team is still behind Allegri. I doubt Bonehead will badmouth him though, he's Allegri 1st choice at CB.
per l'amaro e il dolce
It's easy to undervalue or even mock the importance of Berlu's visit today. I'm not saying anyone here is doing it, but it's something which we from outside will not necessarily comprehend. However, I'm sure like me many of you remember when Berlusconi last did this back when he took over the club in the 80s and the amount he galvanised the team, both by talking to them and also with his actions (the helicopter entrance isn't by chance, it's deliberate). People who will take responsibility are often called "boss", much like Van Bommel during his time with us for being in control and a leader. Berlu today was very much this sort of "boss" action, he doesn't need to do it, but by doing it this way he's making it a bigger gesture than it is.

Understanding the situation and also offering enthusiasm and calmness in the group was vital. Ultimately though, this whole act can just bring some motivation and enthusiasm back into the club.

From personal experience, I can say as someone who works for an IT firm, seeing the owner of the company talking with enthusiasm about the company and the direction we want to take was valuable. That was very similar to Berlu today, you know it's just something normal, but done right it totally spurs you on.
Talk is cheap, perhaps that's why our management has it in abundance. Berlu could come in helicopter or ride an elephant like Hannibal and it wouldn't change anything because the root of the problem goes deeper than that and it cannot be solved by talk.

When he took over, he TALKED about dominating Europe and he BACKED it up with action. That's the difference between his visit then when we were about to have a decisive game against Napoli and now. Then he had the right to demand the best because he had done his part. Of course being a good politician as he always is, he didn't exactly demanded it. His visit was a wake-up call for the team to make them aware of their potential, that despite being in serie B and almost bankrupt only few years back, this is a new Milan ready to write history. In short, we needed motivation then and he gave just that.

Now it's different. This too is a Milan going through major changes. But I just don't see a project. More like a trial and error. And there's a sense of resignation about him when he talked about us not having caviar and champagne, like losing half of the games played is to be expected. I might sound like dramatizing the whole thing but, at least from what is publicised (we never know what's really happening inside Milanello) that's my take on his visit this time: empty, meaningless talks without any correction whatsoever for the problems we have at present, or ambition or plan for the future.
per l'amaro e il dolce
(11-16-2012, 04:41 PM)Nalx Wrote: Same old sweet talks to me. Milannews also said that he held a private conversation with Bonera to ask if the team is still behind Allegri. I doubt Bonehead will badmouth him though, he's Allegri 1st choice at CB.

Sorry, but somehow this picture came to mind:

[Image: tmz.jpg]

Icon_lol2
aka xudong
(11-17-2012, 04:55 AM)ACM2012 Wrote:
(11-16-2012, 04:41 PM)Nalx Wrote: Same old sweet talks to me. Milannews also said that he held a private conversation with Bonera to ask if the team is still behind Allegri. I doubt Bonehead will badmouth him though, he's Allegri 1st choice at CB.

Sorry, but somehow this picture came to mind:

[Image: tmz.jpg]

Icon_lol2

Attached Files Image(s)

dude..... Undecided U31 Aktion060

Smiley-chores015
aka xudong