Fiorentina Vs. Milan 10/04/11
Agree with Cuoremilan. I think Ibra actually did okay in the 1st half, especially with regards to his partnership with Pato. Of course it wasn't as smoothly as we would like but that was expected since neither od them is actually a supporting forward.

But they did alright, both interchangingly acted as a support while the other spearheaded the attack. Not to mention their neat passes with Seedorf and Boateng too.

There was a moment when Ibra made himself unnoticed on the far post, he waved his hand and Pato managed to see him and tried to cross the ball from the right side of the six yard box, only to be headed away by a Viola defender, who would've missed it had it flown a mere inches higher. Now, normally Ibra would've yelled and moaned at Pato, but this time, he motioned his thumb up cause he knew that Pato did try.

In the second half we, as a team, seemed to take our feet off the gas. Our defense suddenly became busier since Babacar's arrival meant another striker to think about. Montolivo pushed higher and Behrami was sent in to nullify Seedorf. But they rarely create clear chances, and with some that came in our way, Ibra could have and should have killed of the game.

I think that the combination of these two played part in what made him lose his head. Allegri tried to ease off the pressure by sending Rino instead of doing another option like putting Binho to retain more possession if not hopefully score another goal and put the game to bed. Not a popular choice among us but I can understand that.

But he certainly needs to talk to the players and calm them down. Two of our so called nutcases stupidly got themselves sent off in the last three games, and at this critical stage of the season we need all of them available.
per l'amaro e il dolce
Truthfully I think both red cards (Cassano's and Zlatan's) were super harsh, yeah lets be honest, neither should've done what they did but: getting a yellow for taking your shirt off and a normal foul in midfield line, when Zanetti didn't get a red for being last man and making a foul, and getting a straight red for being disrespectful (I doubt Comotto, Gilardino and the otehrs were nice with the ref when the "pk" happened), while Santana gets a yellow for going straight to Abate's ankles. It's really not comparable.

I think its ok refs don't let themselves get a "vaffanculo" from the players (while its idiotic to show a yellow card for taking your shirt off, stupid rule), but really you can't throw a player off for that and let the one that almost injured someone remain on.

Yeah, Santana should have been sent off really. Stupid and dangerous foul, at first I thought Abate got injured, thankfully he was ok.
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
(04-11-2011, 12:08 AM)cuoremilan Wrote: Truthfully I think both red cards (Cassano's and Zlatan's) were super harsh, yeah lets be honest, neither should've done what they did but: getting a yellow for taking your shirt off and a normal foul in midfield line, when Zanetti didn't get a red for being last man and making a foul, and getting a straight red for being disrespectful (I doubt Comotto, Gilardino and the otehrs were nice with the ref when the "pk" happened), while Santana gets a yellow for going straight to Abate's ankles. It's really not comparable.

I think its ok refs don't let themselves get a "vaffanculo" from the players (while its idiotic to show a yellow card for taking your shirt off, stupid rule), but really you can't throw a player off for that and let the one that almost injured someone remain on.

Only part I disagree with is shirt off part. It's a rule. IT's NOT hard to not do it. Seriously? Just cause you want to doesn't mean you can. It's a known Yellow... DONT DO IT. It's that simple. It's disrespectful to your teammates. You never know what will happen in football, so why get a yellow just cause you wanna celebrate a certain way/

Arguing on pitch, especially with ref's always happens and always will. It's super subjective to give a card. I know in NBA there was a huge story about how certain ref's had blatant favoritism and hatred of certain players (for ex: main ref now, hated allen iverson, thought he wined way too much, and NEVER gave him benefit of a call... on the flipside it was shown in games he reffed AI's team had a significantly lower winning percentage compared to average ref). I realize that's a different sport but don't think it doesn't happen in every football league.

Just like how Milan has only won 2 of the 11 games brighi has reffed in last 2 years (ref of bari game, who is from cesena and an outspoken leftist... if that matters but u can imagine conspiracy theories)

Zlatan didn't do anything, that every player doesn't do. But then again, Zlatan is a known hot head. We don't know, he was probably warned....
(04-10-2011, 11:21 PM)ACMILAN BEST Wrote: Next round will be very intersting:

We will play aginst Sampdoria and they will fight hard because they are +1 from the place were teams going to Seria B.
Inter will play Parma out and Parma are also in the same place as Doria.
Napoli will play Udinese that fight for Cl spot with Lazio.

After that we will play out at Bercia that fight for staying in Seria A.
Napoli at Palermo.
Inter will host Lazio who fight for Cl spot.

Next we host Bolgonia that play for nothing.
Napoli out at Genoa who also almost secure their place at Seria A.
Inter at Chasena that fight to stay.

At this point of the season and leading the league, you must win all the games and disregard what your opponents are doing. You can't hope for drop points to win the league while leading.
(04-10-2011, 11:08 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Ibra says he insulted himself but the referee thought it was against him ... He said that the referee made his choice and it's why he didn't contest his decision. He added that next time, he will shut up !! Isn't it what we ask him to do since ... let's say since he is a Milan player ? Big Grin

He moaned and demanded too much. He should face the reality what he is and his teammates are. If something is going wrong, he often blames his friends. This is not good for the team work. You may give critic to your friends but not all the time.

He played well yesterday (due to the first half play) but in second half he misses so much (not only chances to score). He couldn't be our wall (he did a couple of times well but he suffered too many wrong passes or his passes blocked by opponents). He shouldn't always try beautiful passes all the time. What the team need is a right pass. Wrong pass from him could cost us (counter attack) especially if he did it in the midfield-area (like one wrong pass yesterday) since he holds the ball allowing fullbacks and midfielders going forward to help attacking (which leave big spaces in our defense and midfield).

One more that I hate (not only from Ibra) is how the strikers (especially Ibra) position themselves regarding the positions of opponent's defenders. Ibra got too many offsides yesterday (someone should make statistic of him and compare with Inzhagi's). Pato was just stand lazy behind opponent's defenders although it was clear that he was not near opponent and could make fast run if his team passes to him (which team gave pass and he caught offside). What Pato did cost us a big chance of a goal. He should learn again how to focus on the game.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I thought given all the talk about Ibra yesterday, it's probably worth posting this article, which may explain some of Ibra's form...

http://www.thefootballexpress.co.uk/2011...y-example/
(04-11-2011, 08:02 AM)Siregar Wrote:
(04-10-2011, 11:08 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Ibra says he insulted himself but the referee thought it was against him ... He said that the referee made his choice and it's why he didn't contest his decision. He added that next time, he will shut up !! Isn't it what we ask him to do since ... let's say since he is a Milan player ? Big Grin

He moaned and demanded too much. He should face the reality what he is and his teammates are. If something is going wrong, he often blames his friends. This is not good for the team work. You may give critic to your friends but not all the time.

He played well yesterday (due to the first half play) but in second half he misses so much (not only chances to score). He couldn't be our wall (he did a couple of times well but he suffered too many wrong passes or his passes blocked by opponents). He shouldn't always try beautiful passes all the time. What the team need is a right pass. Wrong pass from him could cost us (counter attack) especially if he did it in the midfield-area (like one wrong pass yesterday) since he holds the ball allowing fullbacks and midfielders going forward to help attacking (which leave big spaces in our defense and midfield).

One more that I hate (not only from Ibra) is how the strikers (especially Ibra) position themselves regarding the positions of opponent's defenders. Ibra got too many offsides yesterday (someone should make statistic of him and compare with Inzhagi's). Pato was just stand lazy behind opponent's defenders although it was clear that he was not near opponent and could make fast run if his team passes to him (which team gave pass and he caught offside). What Pato did cost us a big chance of a goal. He should learn again how to focus on the game.

Don't know if you noticed but it happened during the Inter game and yesterday: Pato made an amazing amount of runs !! I never saw him try to go forward in sprint this way, it's simply excellent, so he can be caught offside sometimes, seriously, when you make runs like he did, it's not a problem to be caught offside sometimes because you were a bit tired or "lazy" to come back ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Overall the performance was excellent, as we dominated the match and deserved the victory. Our play was based on direct attacking moves (a very positive feature under Allegri's management) and defending strongly in the middle of the pitch.

In turn Fiorentina had plenty of room in wide areas to try and get crosses in and do some damage, although they lacked power in the box to actually cause any real threat to Thiago and Yepes (both very strong at heading) and Abbiati who mostly just picked the cross unchalleged. Abate struggled early on with Vargas and Pasquale both doubling up well on the flank, although this left Fio vulnerable to counters, with Boateng often looking to exploit the gap (perfect example is our second goal).

The match itself was actually very comfortable on the whole. We were strong at the back and didn't really give Fiorentina anything. That said, the fairly lucky Vargas goal and then Ibra's sending off made for some slightly nervy moments at the end, though we managed it well and did enough to win.

Players...

Abbiati - Can't be faulted on the goal, otherwise just a few routine catches and one decent save on Ljalic
Abate - Struggled with Vargas and Pasquale (and sometimes Ljalic or Santana) doubling up on his flank, but put in a decent shift and still contributed well going forward.
Thiago - A rock in defence
Yepes - Very solid at the back, winning all of the crosses
Zambrotta - Lacks pace but put in a fair showing, offering little going forward and solid at the back.
Flamini - Doesn't press as well as Rino and isn't as tactically disciplined. He put in the effort, but it was obvious he was a weakness
Van Bommel - Solid showing and good passing.
Seedorf - Simply brilliant in the first half. Tactically perfect when looking for space between the lines and defensively a rock.
Boateng - A great game where he was always quick on the ball. I like he doesn't look to hold the ball for more than a couple of touches and keeps our play quick and fluid. Add to this his strength on the ball and you've got a very good player all around.
Ibra - I honestly thought he had a decent game before getting sent off. His passing and shooting weren't good, but his movement and workrate was commendable, plus he worked for the team. His sending off was simply stupid though.
Pato - He's growing every match it seems. Really impressive movement and everything he does is for the team, while his game has really matured. He could have scored more, but scoring the winning goal is enough. Simply superb all around.
Excellent game! Even better result!

Love the way we are playing, but disappointed in Ibra´s silly dismissal.

I like how we play without him though, so lets see if we can extend Samps losing run.

FORZA MILAN FOREVER!!
I LOVE MILAN