Milan to leave San Siro
Inter and Milan have reportedly already decided that they will end cohabitation at San Siro, with the Rossoneri to move out by 2017.

Whilst the Nerazzurri have in previous years been working on a plan to move away from the Giuseppe Meazza stadium to build their own ground, recent reports have suggested it has been Milan pushing forward with such plans under Barbara Berlusconi’s guidance.

Speculation today is that the Diavolo have been working over the past six months on plans for a new stadium to be constructed six kilometres to the north-west, where the Fiera Milan exhibition is currently based and where Expo 2015 will be held.

Arexpo, formed by city authorities to buy up the area of land and oversee its development from 2015, confirmed in November Milan’s initial interest.

They have set a deadline of March 13 - latest March 14 - for proposals to be put forward for construction of a stadium on the land, planned as part of a wider multi-sports and functions development.

SportMediaset and Il Giorno say that Milan are going to come forward, with an aim to begin construction at the end of Expo 2015, in the autumn of that year, and have work completed in time for the 2016-17 season, although it may be more likely that the team cannot move in until the following year.

The Rossoneri and Inter are also seen as in agreement to end their sharing plan at San Siro, with Milan expected to confirm their plans over the course of the next month in time for Arexpo's deadline.

Inter, in turn, are speculated as favouring staying at the stadium and carrying out renovation work.

The two Milanese giants have shared the Giuseppe Meazza since the 1947-48 campaign. The ground will host the 2016 Champions League Final.
Ah, you got in ahead of me Beppe. I think this is good for the club, things are actually happening, probably 10 years late, but at least they're happening now.
Could this be the reason why we havent spent good money over the last few years (yes we wasted money on players, I know, but we havent gone out and spent huge)

I would welcome Milan moving to a new stadium, look at what Juve can achivee with a smaller stadium that allows them to make money. 40-50,000 stadium would be ideal. you never know we might even have a good pitch to play on!
(02-10-2014, 03:55 PM)Sajymundo Wrote: Could this be the reason why we havent spent good money over the last few years

I am being serious (not negative) when I say ... I am pretty sure the answer to that is No.
It is very likely that this plan wasn't even in their minds more than 6 months ago.

This project was spearheaded by Barbara, who has only been in a position to make headway in recent months. Perhaps she's been working on something for a little longer, but like Reza says, it's unlikely this was planned for as long we might hope, as she's only been involved in the club in any position for 2 years.

Not to say this isn't good news, it was vital we did sort out a long term plan.
This is probably not the reason why we haven't spent the last few seasons. HOWEVER, it will probably BE the new excuse of why we won't be able to spend in the next few seasons as well. Devilol

Either way, a new stadium owned by the club itself the the best thing that can happen to Milan. I hope this comes true.
(02-10-2014, 05:55 PM)nefremo Wrote: This is probably not the reason why we haven't spent the last few seasons. HOWEVER, it will probably BE the new excuse of why we won't be able to spend in the next few seasons as well. Devilol

No money for Matri type buys Devilol
I believe the stadium when I see something official. We have been talking about this so long that is almost Mr. X'ish to me.
I will be sad once we leave San Siro, but the new stadium is really important these days. Especially to be owned 100% by the club. It could really increase our revenues.

Regarding the capacity, nothing below 70k is acceptable.
I will miss San Siro, but I am willing to move on if that means that a new legacy awaits. Heart
aka xudong