Milan to leave San Siro
#21
http://www.milannews.it/il-match/nuovo-s...tto-138440

Apparently Thursday is the deadline to submit our bid/project for the Expo area, meaning by the end of the week we'll probably know a little more about what's happening about a new stadium.
Reply
#22
Milan have sent an official offer to buy a part of the Expo 2015 area with the purpose of building a new stadium.

Reply
#23
Interesting, and thanks for sharing. I won't hold my breath, so certainly this can be a very meaningful event (unlike many of Galliani's BS, that is).




Now we will need to get used to the new excuse of trying to save transfer funds (yes, only transfer funds, not the salary account Facepalm) for this new stadium. Grinundwech
Reply
#24
(02-10-2014, 01:53 PM)Beppe Wrote: Inter and Milan have reportedly already decided that they will end cohabitation at San Siro, with the Rossoneri to move out by 2017.

Whilst the Nerazzurri have in previous years been working on a plan to move away from the Giuseppe Meazza stadium to build their own ground, recent reports have suggested it has been Milan pushing forward with such plans under Barbara Berlusconi’s guidance.

Speculation today is that the Diavolo have been working over the past six months on plans for a new stadium to be constructed six kilometres to the north-west, where the Fiera Milan exhibition is currently based and where Expo 2015 will be held.

Arexpo, formed by city authorities to buy up the area of land and oversee its development from 2015, confirmed in November Milan’s initial interest.

They have set a deadline of March 13 - latest March 14 - for proposals to be put forward for construction of a stadium on the land, planned as part of a wider multi-sports and functions development.

SportMediaset and Il Giorno say that Milan are going to come forward, with an aim to begin construction at the end of Expo 2015, in the autumn of that year, and have work completed in time for the 2016-17 season, although it may be more likely that the team cannot move in until the following year.

The Rossoneri and Inter are also seen as in agreement to end their sharing plan at San Siro, with Milan expected to confirm their plans over the course of the next month in time for Arexpo's deadline.

Inter, in turn, are speculated as favouring staying at the stadium and carrying out renovation work.

The two Milanese giants have shared the Giuseppe Meazza since the 1947-48 campaign. The ground will host the 2016 Champions League Final.

Finally one thing good Big Grin
Reply
#25
I stated a week ago that we'd hear more at the end of this past week and lo and behold, we hear Barbara's submitted a proposal. Personally, I'm pleased to see a proactive move from the management on the stadium, we need it for our future and hopefully things will turn out well.
Reply
#26
(03-16-2014, 10:05 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I stated a week ago that we'd hear more at the end of this past week and lo and behold, we hear Barbara's submitted a proposal. Personally, I'm pleased to see a proactive move from the management on the stadium, we need it for our future and hopefully things will turn out well.

Hope Yes Smile

Reply
#27
It's all we seem to do these days Big Grin
Reply
#28
Dev, is it official? Yesterday I read that it was only reported by a twitter (@Milanello), while Milan has not confirmed it.
Reply
#29
It's not official until Berlusconi says we don't have money because of stadium plans
Reply
#30
I believe it is only a bid for the land lot so far (even that does not come directly out of the club), right? it is said that we shoot for 2016, how is it possible? 2 years seem too short. maybe I mis-read?
Reply