Milan to leave San Siro
I read on Milannews that Barbara's got three stadiums in mind to take as examples for how the new stadium will be designed. Arsenal's Emirates, Bayern's Allianz Arena and Ajax's Amsterdam Arena.
Something tells me we (fans) are and will be expecting too much regarding capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if any stadium in our future is below 60k, may be even 50k. Juve's stadium is 41k and I doubt any financing can find justification for being 'too much' more than that.

Two of those Dev mentions above are 60k or less if I am correct.
I think about 60k is right reza, I cant see Milan going bigger at this stage.

just imagine Milan having there own allianz arena style stadium with the red and black tile lights when Milan are at home, and Azzurri blue for Italy games. Would be amazing Smile
The smaller stadium also means more expensive tickets, especially for the club such as Milan who can sell more than 60k. It could be good for a club, but bad for the fans.

This year our attendance is poor, and often way bellow 60K. But things might change in the future, especially with the big games that Milan might actually win.
I would suspect we might follow Juve's lead and have around 40k. Might seem low, but our attendance hasn't justified anything bigger right now. Might be good to have something which can be scaled up and therefore additional capacity added later.
Apparently the plan to move to the Expo location has broken down as it would cost up to 300m and Silvio can't afford it. I saw this on football italia, which cites GDS as the source, but I can't find the news anywhere else yet (including the GDS website).
(02-14-2014, 01:35 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Apparently the plan to move to the Expo location has broken down as it would cost up to 300m and Silvio can't afford it. I saw this on football italia, which cites GDS as the source, but I can't find the news anywhere else yet (including the GDS website).

Yeah this is all I found too: http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/02/...ium-plans/

As the past few years have taught us with Milan, we as fans should approach things with pessimism.
Yeah, a couple of places have picked up on it, yet I'm yet to see anything on places I'd expect to see it first, namely milannews and GDS themselves.
The expo site is out 300 million for it too expensive for Berlusconi.They looked at another site in Sesto san giovanni but again are put off by the price.I see a renovation of San Siro as being more likely to happen , a new stadium Milans own stadium would be great financially but the cheapest always wins...new stadium loan with option to buy.
I agree with this news. AC Milan must have an own modern stadium for better finance and glory. Smile
Watching AC Milan when summer in home with heat exchanger, air cooler or rental AC for the cozy atmosphere.