Bryan Cristante
Quote:‘Cristante wants Milan, but…’

By Football Italia staff

Bryan Cristante’s agent says the youngster harbours ambitions of captaining Milan, but he could be open to other avenues, depending on talks with the club.

The young midfielder has been on the verge of first team activity with the Rossoneri this season, having impressed at youth level.

However, amid previous speculation of a move away, either on loan in Serie A or to the likes of Atletico Madrid, discussion has turned once more to his long-term future at San Siro.

“Bryan wants to be a future captain of Milan,” Giuseppe Riso has told Gianluca Di Marzio this week.

“He is an important talent in Europe, and we will talk to the club to understand what his future prospects are.

“Otherwise, he may be open to different opportunities. In Italy, however, he is looking only at Milan’s shirt.”

http://football-italia.net/48584/%E2%80%...6%E2%80%99

Should be a no brainer to keep this kid at the club and include him as a regular member in our midfield rotation. However, you just never know with our management's thinking...
Siamo a posto cosi.
this is B&G we're talking about, why develop young, exciting talent that could serve us for years when he can be sold for a couple of million and wesely sjneider can be brought in when he's 32 on a free and 150k a week?
This is where I have many problems with our current situation. Our project is a joke and we're much more likely to lose and waste the talent we should be building around than we are in actually helping them grow. Cristante is a huge talent who has impressed at every level he's played at, showing that he's ready for the senior level. Instead of being helped to grow into a stronger player, he's been pushed into limbo in this position where he's neither a senior player nor a primavera player.

Why the coaches and club don't put him in a position where he's actually given opportunities to grow is just beyond me. Allegri was close to destroying him and right now Seedorf's done very little to suggest he has any future with us. Galliani and the Berlusconis should have made it clear from the start that this is a young player who we want to grow in Milan for the future. Therefore, it is part of Seedorf's job to integrate him into the first team squad and use him with some regularity (not as a starter every match, but at least as an alternative).

Instead, we've somehow managed to find ourselves in a position where the players we should be building around, Cristante, De Sciglio and El Shaarawy mainly, are all on the transfer list should the right offers come along (DES and Cristante both showing a willingless to leave, while SES was ready to be sold last summer). Balotelli would be included in that list of players to build around, but he's got to get his act together before he's even considered. The irony is, all these players have shown a firm desire to stay and win at Milan. Saponara's also kind of in this boat. He's a young talent who's failing to shine, but is used so infrequently and shown so little confidence it's hard to actually know if he's actually capable (I know Jay Crisp disagrees here). Why we show so much faith and look to build the confidence of Mexes, Balotelli, Kaka and even Honda and then conversely take actions to destroy the players we should be looking to protect the most is just beyond me.

I'm not asking for us to spend huge sums of money or win CL as soon as possible, but we need to start building and believing in our project, which is the young guys we're supposed to be building around. They need confidence, patience and belief, but our management just seems totally clueless in this regard.
nail on the head.

I would have been ok finishing 7th or 8th this season had Cristante, Saponara, DES, Petagna all been invested in with pitch time. Instead we went out of our way to get over-the-hill big names on big wages to keep them on the bench.

With Cristante I can very easily see him going to fiorentina or someone like that and becoming a regular for the national team, maybe not an all out star, but a very good player.

It's funny when you hear stuff about us wanting Veratti, or someone like him, had we actually owned him at 18 we would never have played him anyway.
I think Cristante's potential is to reach the levels of the greatest, I really believe that he can do it with the right people helping him as I've posted in this thread before. I agree with you on guys like Verratti, you just need to see how well we deal with young players when you just look at those we do get like Saponara, Vergara, Salamon or Gabriel.

They aren't necessarily ready, but the way we treat them makes no sense. Look at Niang last season, where he broke through and appeared to be making inroads at the club. Next thing he misses a chance vs Barca and he's all but kicked out. I'm not Niang's biggest fan, he's never really developed as I'd hope he might and more importantly has failed to mature and develop mentally, something which is a problem in the club as we fail to assess player maturity and mental strength before signing them, meaning we get idiots coming in. However, that said his treatment was harsh and no player can grow if he's not shown any patience or confidence. After that Barca miss, Niang was all but cast out by Allegri.

In Saponara's and Cristante's cases, I think we're just proving ourselves to be a joke of a club. Saponara is talented but hasn't applied himself enough when playing. It's up to coaches to get more out of him in that respect. The player himself acknowledges his weaknesses and has shown a willingness to develop, with the biggest indicator being hiring a psychological coach to try and develop his mental strength and consistency.

Cristante's case is even more bizarre, as this guy's shown great confidence and quality. His only real problem is his consistency and concentration, which can lapse at times when you're 18. That's something that'll improve over time and with a little experience, but he needs time to play and adjust to playing at a senior level.
In addition to the examples that Dev mentioned, I would also like to add Gourcuff to the hat. Immensely talented player whose skill set we actually had a need for at the time but completely misused by the club. He leaves and has an absolutely spectacular season at Bordeaux. Although he has all but completely disappeared off the grid now, I still believe that he deserved more playing time while he was at Milan.

Getting back on topic though, I don't fully understand Cristante's situation. Obviously he's not playing now because of injuries but even when he was fully fit and playing well with us, there would still be hesitance to use him as a sub or better yet, instead of the likes of Muntari. We potentially have a future Azzurrini and Azzurri star on our hands and all for no transfer fee either! You don't often find a 6'1" midfielder with his technical abilities in the world..let alone in your own youth system. We should keep him at all costs.
Siamo a posto cosi.
Gourcuff's an odd situation as Maldini said after retiring the reason he failed at Milan was he was not applying himself. I think this is understandable given the trajectory his career has taken. When you look at that one year at Bordeaux, you saw what he could achieve, yet he's failing to impress at Lyon. Again though, this is just an example of the management failing to do their homework before signing a player. We look at talent yet for so many years it seems we've stopped looking at the human aspect of the player, who they are, how professional they are, willingness to learn, how hard they work and how much they are prepared to work to integrate themselves into the club. These are basic things any employer looks at for prospective employees. Again, I've been saying our recent troubles have been poor work at management level since at least 2006/07, which this case only supports.

If anyone's interested in Maldini's comments:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/90/france/20...s-attitude
Cristante came on as a sub for Modic from the 63rd minute this weekend in a 2-2 draw against Atalanta. I assume that means that he has recovered from his injury but I assume they'll just let him finish the season in the Primavera as we only have two games left in Serie A.

http://www.acmilan.com/it/teams/youth_teams_news/152422

EDIT: He's in the starting lineup right now for the Primavera's playoff match vs Udinese...which we lost 1-3 (Petagna scored)
Siamo a posto cosi.
Atalanta are apparently looking at him as a possible replacement for Baselli (who we were linked to the other day) next season. I hope it's nothing but hot air.
I have heard some good things about Baselli. Can we put off a miracle and have both?

Nah, who am I kidding..... We have Essien, Muntari, and co. Sad
aka xudong