Summer Mercato 2011
I can understand disappointment over the transfer campaign given most of us probably hoped for a player that could raise the level of the team, as Fabregas or Sweinsteiger would. That said, I firmly believe that the squad we have has potential to go onto to win something big this year, a scudetto being most likely, but we can only really see our level in CL after we actually play in it and so I wouldn't completely rule us out yet.

I'm actually pretty excited with the players we did get though. While none are star players, I really think they are players who Allegri can really work well with.

(08-31-2011, 06:45 PM)Gio-mania Wrote: Nocerino is not a top player but a good last minute move to cover for Flamini's injury and maybe a long term replacement for Gattuso.

Our mercato hasn't been great but definitely not bad. This is especially true if compared with other Italian teams. Juve who supposedly had 100mln to spend haven't gotten a single top player. Inter sold Eto'o, their best player, and replaced him Forlan and Zarate. Good players but nowhere near his level. Then they have gotten some youngsters but not one player who makes me think "oh, I would've wanted him". Compared to the rest of the world though, things don't look great. For the scudetto we are still in pole position but in Europe our chances aren't much better than they were last year. Of course apart from Allegri's experience, team moulding and some players not being cup-tied.

Inter did get one player I'd have liked, which is Lorenzo Tassi. He's only 16 but apparently has a massive future ahead of him (often compared to Roberto Baggio).
(09-01-2011, 09:23 AM)fLame Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 08:57 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Really? I would not start him over Gattuso.

I take it, you didn't watch the super cup against Inter? Even though we won, Gattuso lacked pace terribly against a week Inter's attack.

If we play a fast team (most modern teams these days), Gattuso will get completely run over.
Gattuso vs Barca - is a nightmare I don't want to see.

ONE GAME.
(09-01-2011, 09:29 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: ONE GAME.

LOL. One game? Gattuso has been slow since 2007. Allegri sort of "revived him" and got him back to top form.

Still, even if Gattuso is 100% fit, he lasts for 45 minutes only, and still doesn't have the speed to stop the best attackers and make timely challenges.

Late challenges -> yellow cards -> red cards.

I wonder how fast he can get himself sent off vs Barca. Devilol
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
wow so we end our transfer campaign with nocerino and aquilani, not what i expected but it was needed for our midfield.. let's put it this way, cassano is like a brand new world class signing for us, he's in way better shape+ will be available for cl, boateng is a much improved version of himself.. robinho is full of confidence, ibra looks better.. If our players play up to their full capacity and train hard which is what seems to be the reason to vast improvements, because honestly a big part of succeeding isnt just the names you see on paper and such its also proffesionalism, if we have all our players working to their best believe it or not even antonini can be a great lb, allegris doing well alot of the time the coach has a big effect on the team especially its players

overall, i think it was a good mercato. we have a solid midfield, a solid attack and a solid defence and a great goalkeeper in abbiati and a could be one of the best in amelia..

Let's also be real here, we are by far better then inter,roma and juventus .. Inter signed forlan and zarate on loan, ok thats not that bad selling eto? he was the core of the team either him or sneijder were the only two stepping up, and any game where we faced inter the only threat was eto really because sneijder was completely shut down.. they wont have etoo to take players on next season, forlan is good yes but he's aging too, zarate is inconsistent but i have to say talented but you cant say you can compare him to robinho cassano or pato or ibrahimovic.. plus we have el shaarawy to look forward too..

anyway bottom line of my post is don't be disappointed at all, we made two good signings, im sure ganso will come too in january
(09-01-2011, 09:56 AM)fLame Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 09:29 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: ONE GAME.

LOL. One game? Gattuso has been slow since 2007. Allegri sort of "revived him" and got him back to top form.

Still, even if Gattuso is 100% fit, he lasts for 45 minutes only, and still doesn't have the speed to stop the best attackers and make timely challenges.

Late challenges -> yellow cards -> red cards.

I wonder how fast he can get himself sent off vs Barca. Devilol

Agree with you on that, but I still don't think Nocerino is better than him at this point.

As for playing against Barca, he won't be available till game 2. Which most likely be playing against Barca B. The sad truth is, Barca B still got a better midfield than Milan A.
I think the direction the club is heading as follows:

Build a tight defense with a great attack. That way they have a chance to win against the top teams while without losing pts to minors in the League. I can see Milan playing more and more toward a counter attack game plan than possession based game plan. Kind of like Pool a few yrs back, playing almost 7 to 8 men back and send long ball to Torres or let Gerrard leads the charge. They should be successful against most of the top teams playing this way.
(09-01-2011, 09:23 AM)fLame Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 08:57 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Really? I would not start him over Gattuso.

I take it, you didn't watch the super cup against Inter? Even though we won, Gattuso lacked pace terribly against a weak Inter's attack.

If we play a fast team (most modern teams these days), Gattuso will get completely overrun.
Gattuso vs Barca - is a nightmare I don't want to see.

Please don't say that. Rino wasn't at full fitness and he started the equalizer. Not bad, IMO.
A nice analysis of our transfer moves by goal.com -
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editori...ours-after

They even went as far as to say we did the best on this mercato among all Italian teams, I am inclined to agree.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
Typical Galliani:

The Italian champions moved calmly in the window, even if they did spice things up with their promises of a mysterious Mr X signing.

- "That player was always Alberto Aquilani, since the very start of the window," the official insisted. "I can say that we got our primary target."

Devilol
According to Sportmediaset, Montolivo has signed for us a four year deal, and will join us next year on a free transfer.

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/mer...2012.shtml

If true, good deal for us.

(I think this thread should be closed now)
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
We have discussed the possible outcomes of the mercato for 500 pages,I think we should give it a 10 pages more to discuss the actual outcome.

I will give it a day or two before closing the thread,since some members still did not have a chance to express their thoughts on our mercato.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.