Is Kaka the game changer?
Nobody is acting like we just bought Messi.

We act like we bought a player who has quality, but had trouble expressing it in a few years.

Besides, my main argument is that he did not play badly while at Madrid. His statistics aren't that bad, it's just that everybody expected him to play on Cristiano Ronaldo level, and that just wasn't possible. In terms of that comparison, he was bad, but overall he wasn't that bad if you know what I mean. He scored goals, created goals..he just wasn't a leader.

The fact is that he didn't lose any of of his key characteristics, he just lost his magic. And the question was, can he be a game changer. Yes he can. Not saying he will, but he can. If we bought Messi, I would tell you that 100% he will be a game changer.
Now I am really hoping he proves you wrong Smile

I remember when Figo left Barcelona. At Barca he was a very good side midfielder, but, frankly, nothing more. Than he came to Real and they gave him the number 10 and the keys of the squad.

That season, before Zidane arrived, he played some of the greatest football I have ever seen. And I think he was like 29 when he moved.
The point is, a transfer can bring the best out of a player or the worst. sheva - the worst, Pirlo - the best.

So there is still a chance for Kaka.
Ole Ole   
believe me, i hope he proves me wrong too. but i hope to win the lottery also.
you say he hasnt lost his key charasterstics, thats where we disagree. he has lost his speed and agility which were his main strengths. he doesnt have pirlos vision.he doesnt have ronaldos shot. he became the best because he was fast with and without the ball, and therefore was able to get in the right positions. now that its gone, whats left? average passing skills, weak shot, injuries all the time. in other words, 8mill€ gross worth of dead wood.
I'm not totally convinced about Kaka but I can definitely say that we are better with him than without him. However, I believe that our team still has enough holes that we will struggle to compete for the Scudetto. I think that we will still aim for 2nd/3rd spot and other teams have definitely strengthened more than we have. If we get lucky though and Kaka has a couple good games in the CL then maybe we can dream of a quarter/semi final spot this year..?
Siamo a posto cosi.
Pirlo was pretty much crap the last two yrs at Milan and look at him now.
When Kaka played for Real, he was pretty good.

As for will Kaka helps us win the league and CL.

Well, to me winning the league means getting all 6 pts against mid and low table clubs while 3 pts against Top 5 teams. EVen when u take away the first few months for Milan last season, they could not get 3 pts against top teams. Kaka will help but winning the league is about different players stepping up at different times.
CL is a different story once u r in the knockout stage. Once u r in the stage, in theory a team can win the CL with ONE WIN, no losses and 6draws with away goals. What I am saying is, with a little luck, good draw, injuries to opponents key players, a moment of magic...Milan can win it all, and Kaka is someone who is capable those moment of magic.
I hope you're right Gabriel but for a 31 year old guy whose game was predicated mainly on athleticism and has suffered an injury full 5 years at Madrid, I don't have high hopes. Pirlo was different because his game was always slow so all he was missing was some motivation.

In any case, we can speculate all we want but maybe a change of atmosphere and the motivation of a world cup year will be enough for Kaka to produce some great performances this year. I hope we can find a way to play Kaka, Balotelli and El Shaarawy together. 4-2-3-1 would work but I think we're pretty much set on 4-3-1-2 by the looks of things..
Siamo a posto cosi.
If the game changer is something like a solo run against Celtic or MU at Old Trafford (CL2007), then no.

If it is the through ball to Pippo in CL2007 final or the long ball to Crespo in CL2005 final, of course yes.
(09-05-2013, 08:16 AM)Stitch Wrote: you guys are delusional. have you not folloeed his career since he left us? you seem to be stuck in 2009

In lieu of "delusion", I prefer that you use the word "dream" or "hope". Sagrin
aka xudong
I agree with Stitch about some being stuck in 2009. Kaka was going downhill from early 2008 onwards. He still contributed to us and scored goals but the magic form like he'd had in at Old Trafford outclassing Ronaldo/Man Utd in 2007 deserted him and I was one of the few genuinely pleased we'd sold him at that price.

He didn't do very well at Madrid - Ozil was always the first choice. Even the manager who knows him best, Carlo Ancelotti, DESPITE selling Ozil still chose to let Kaka go for free and take a £56M hit on him. That's how little Carlo rated him nowadays.

HOWEVER. That all said if Kaka CAN recover that old form of 6 years ago (not sure how at age 31 when he's not as quick as he used to be and his game relies hugely on pace) then I believe it is a gamechanger for this Scudetto.

In conjunction with Monto, Balo and De Jong that is a fantastic spine in theory. On paper we have the tools to really hurt Juve.

But it's worth remember better Milan sides than this also containing Kaka still failed to win any Scudettos either.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
[Image: San_Siro1.jpg]
Welcome back, Danny. Smile
aka xudong
(09-05-2013, 12:25 PM)Stitch Wrote: average passing skills, weak shot, injuries all the time. in other words, 8mill€ gross worth of dead wood.

Sorry man, disagree all the way.

Kaka's passing has always been great, not on Pirlo's or Xavi's level, but very very good.
His shot is solid, really accurate, not that strong.
And I based my hopes (As Xu said Smile ) on the fact that his injuries are behind him as he is now fit and ready to play.

8 mil is nothing really, on the financial side it is definitely worth it.
Ole Ole