Week 1: Milan vs Lazio August 31 2014 18:00CET
We could play Honda in midfield and Sharaawy, Torres, and Menez in attack.
I agree,

But I worry that Honda has improved since getting him in a role he relishes and if we play an attacking midfielder on top of the 3 attacking players will the other 2 midfielders be able to cope?

If SES, and Menez can continue to press and track back then a total football Spain/Holland type style of play could work I guess. Will feel more confident when Monty returns.

Would make a change to have a fun team to watch with a lot of quick play and attacking opportunities, but we need to have a solid defence and counter for this to work.
it's clear that two of the players we'd like to see leave are complete surpluss to requirements. Essien has no place in the side, he's back up to muntari, and muntari is simply functional. We can live without Mexes too, I get the feeling zapata is a bit hard to manage but if he is managed well he's actually a quality centre back in a time when good centre backs are rare. he's not world class but many teams have a lot worse.

wish we'd play cristante, the midfield could use a little more nuance and creativity.
Quote:Inzaghi: I knew it would have been a difficult match. The Milan DNA was evident today. I have 5 central defenders, all really good, let’s not forget Rami and Mexes. Today I needed to play Bonera left-back and he made himself available.

Inzaghi: The coach has to make choices and the players did well. Ignazio played a good game, even though he is disappointed about not being called up to the National Team. We could lose some matches but it will be against who plays better not against who is more determined.

Inzaghi: Stephan is an added value to the side, he showed it today, but all 3 of the forwards showed their attachment to the shirt, they all ran after every ball, and this is the right attitude to win back the fans.

Inzaghi: The fans will do what they believe, but they are special and when they see this desire they will come to the stadium. We have to now fly low, one match is not enough, we have to have a good Serie A campaign to win back our fans. I was very sorry for Pazzini, he is one of the leaders of this team, I hope to have him back soon.

Inzaghi: Tassotti first was on his way out of Milan and it would have been a big loss for me. As for Van Ginkel, he is a wide midfielder and a has a big desire to do well. We ask our wide midfielders to run a lot. Along with the wingers, they will be changed during matches and more players I have in that role the easier it will be to do so.

Inzaghi: I am very happy but the credit goes to my players. I had said to wait before forming opinions, but I was very calm. We achieved something extraordinary, perhaps in the final 20 minutes we should have managed possession in a different manner, but onwards like this.

Inzaghi: To see the President proud of us is a source of great satisfaction. The President kept his word and brought us Torres. We are really confident and he is in good physical shape. Then we will see who else arrives in the transfer market. I have to get the best out of the players the club gives me.

Inzaghi: We have to be more organised than the others and run more than the others. Lazio’s goal discouraged us, but I liked the attitude of the side. Abbiati made a motivational speech today and it was wonderful. The President also told me it was a great match and the players were brilliant.

Inzaghi: We played a good counter-attacking game today, with intensity and technique. We always looked to score and that is good. We now have to work hard but this result gives us morale. I think there are certain situations in which you have to be good at managing possession, whereas there are others where you have to use the counter-attack.

Inzaghi: Alex had a solid match and Menez had a great game. My first match as coach was a string of wonderful emotions. More than as a player. It’s gratifying to see the players give their all for the shirt and for the club. The celebrations are what is beautiful about football.

[Image: BwYvxRDIgAIEnQl.jpg:large]
aka xudong
Absolutely loved the way we played for most of the match. Loved the intensity, the sacrifice and work rate.

Bravo Pippo! Forza Miiiilan!
I LOVE MILAN
(08-31-2014, 10:13 PM)nefremo Wrote: Good post Dev. I agree with everything you said.

A couple additions, I think Hinda did good in some decisive moments like you said, but I still think that this team will benefit more from him if he plays as a mezzala. Mostly because we simply don't have one. There was a couple of moments when had we had a faster player on the right, we would've been more dangerous, while similarly almost the entire game is a proof that had we had a better passer and technician in the CM we were going to do much better.

Thanks. I think we discussed Honda as mezzala before, but I'm not totally convinced as I think he's more decisive when closer to goal.

Regarding a faster winger on the right, I think the common features on those we've generally been linked to this summer, like Cerci, Douglas Costa, Iturbe and Lestienne, is that all are left footed, able to take on their man and all have pace. I think these are features Pippo wants.
Am I the only one who saw some neck-hair-straightening allegri-remembering stuff on the pitch though?

I mean, inzaghi's and allegri's tactics are far from different and I hope inzaghi will better anticipate on other opponents...
I am with you. Inzaghi has not convinced me as a tactician, but he is certainly better at motivational stuff, and that seems to help a lot too in grinding out results.
aka xudong