Market values
Pato - 28.5mln

Boateng - 20mln

Robinho - 18.5mln

Pazzini - 14.5mln

Abate - 14mln

Nocerino - 10mln

According Transfermarkt they are the players with higher market value, I excluded El Shaarawy because in my opinion is UNTOUCHABLE, according to this list we could get around 100mln + gigs on the market.

That said, you would agree to the sale of these players?

I absolutely yes with 100mln could "make up for" the whole team with young grafts (Under 23) promising (possibly Italian).
I can't call this "team" AC Milan.

no...

I think Robinho will leave after this season... but the rest should stay... you can't live selling what you have and expecting you will buy stars at really low prices... you can certainly hope for that every now and then... even teams like Arsenal and Sevilla who have a great scouting system struggle when they let go their main players...

I'd rather sell Robinho and Pazzini and replace the two with one 30mln star forward.
I wouldn't put a lot of trust in transfermarkt in player market values (not to say it's a bad site).

Truth is, right now I'd doubt we'd even get the 22m we paid for Pato, never mind more. Boateng is probably worth 15m at most at the moment (levels of performance have dropped dramatically), Robinho is worth around 10m (combination of performances, injuries and age all contribute to his price dropping), Pazzini definitely isn't worth 14, Abate's value is probably fair and Nocerino, well 10m is maybe fair, maybe a little more if we use his last year (both for Milan and Italy) to our advantage.

I agree with Sant too though, we need some continuity atm. In January I'd at least look to keep one of Robinho or Pato, Boateng, Abate and Nocerino. They offer some continuity in the side and/or are potentially valuable players.

The other thing to bear in mind is we don't sell without looking to maximise on the player's value. We sold Ibra, Thiago, Kaka and Sheva all at times when their market value was huge before it was likely to drop. The only one whose value would remain high is Thiago Silva, being a relatively young defender. That said, getting over 40m for a CB is absurd in the first place and I doubt anyone would pay a similar amount outside of PSG, Man City and maybe Chelsea.

What I would do is what nefremo said in the Winter Mercato thread and look to lose deadweight from the squad and build from there, reduce squad numbers and save on wages. From there we'd have funds and space to slowly bring in quality players. There's no point in trying to rush build our next squad, I'd much rather we take our time to build stability over the next 2 years.
If anyone would pay 10 Mio for Nocerino....it's a no-brainer
All those figures are too high, IMO.
aka xudong
WAY too high. I dont see a team paying more than 15m for Pato, as he is always injured.
Robinho isnt worth more than 10, Boateng 15, Pazzini 6-7, Abate 10, and Nocerino 6-7
Pato is untouchable and not to be sold yet. New manager please, I do not want to see him playing against us in the champion's league for years to come ...
(12-01-2012, 07:34 PM)Beppe Wrote: WAY too high. I dont see a team paying more than 15m for Pato, as he is always injured.
Robinho isnt worth more than 10, Boateng 15, Pazzini 6-7, Abate 10, and Nocerino 6-7

Pazzini should be worth about 10, where as believe it or not Prince is actually at the moment worth 20-25mln; though that's going to go down after this season if he doesn't find his form
WCmilan Wrote:Pazzini should be worth about 10, where as believe it or not Prince is actually at the moment worth 20-25mln; though that's going to go down after this season if he doesn't find his form

Pazzini I think is maybe worth 10, but tbh it'll drop given the way he's playing. I'd be surprised if we get 10m anyway, as he's not really the type of forward many clubs look to these days, is 28 so not long before he's considered past his peak and I can't see him moving abroad or back to Inter. If he leaves us, potential destinations are going to be Juve, Lazio or a midtable side imo. I say Juve simply as they have this odd habit of buying average forwards who aren't going to lift them lol, but also the rumours of the Matri/Pazzini swap. Lazio might consider him as a replacement for Klose, who's ageing. However, they're not the type to splash a lot of cash for a player. Midtable teams will consider him, but they won't spend over the top for him. Others, like Roma, Fiorentina or Udinese are looking at younger prospects than guys like Pazzini.

As for Boateng, I think 15-20m (at a stretch) is the price range we are realistically looking at. At the end of last season I'd say he was 20-25m, but this year he's been quite awful and his price will drop rapidly. That said, signs are there that he's returning to form now, so maybe it'll go up again.
I don't think there is actually a market for Pazzini. If Juve and Lazio are the two buyers, then it should be Lazio all the way, as no point making Juve stronger.

I think there are still enough demand for Boateng as other clubs might still think he got the talents but just on a bad team. At least that is still the case for Jan. I doubt that will remain till summer if he continues to play this way.

Mexes gotta be the one who raises his value the most beside SES this season. Which I think Milan should cash in on him as he is just a mistake waiting to happen.