Pato
i'd get rid of him, we have a massive talent like SES and he's pouting because he's not the star any more. there is still plenty of room in the squad if he was good enough, if PSG are still interested in shelling out silly money I'd let them have him.
(11-22-2012, 01:11 AM)Nalx Wrote: I'm really disappointed with Pato's comment after the match. Ibra, the elephant in the room, has left; Pippo whose legendary #9 jersey he inherited has retired; the stage was set for him this season. Yet he has been spared the expectation towards Milan main striker mostly because of his injuries and with El Sha's stealing the spotlight he can gradually and quietly work to claim his starting spot with less pressure. And only last week Berlu reiterated the club's faith in him. If you want to play, show your hunger in training sessions and games. What the phuck does "we'll see what to do with my agent" have to do with that?

That was uncalled for, seems like he's getting emotional because of the abuse he's getting after so much time out not used to not being a star.
As far as Pato leaving goes, there were rumours of a pato-balotelli swap with man city. If that be the case I think it would be a tiny step forward.

I say this because while Balotelli and Pato are on the page talent wise, they both have their own problems in why they aren't two of the best players around. For pato obviously it's his injuries and now apparently his confidence. For Balotelli it's his sometimes moronic personality and actually, opposite to pato over confident in an arrogant way plus he does not work hard enough and it sucks because his talent is endless.
The positives out of this would be obvious ; Balotelli is italian, playing in seria a is comfortable for him and it will help the national team. He's a milan fan, i'm sure he'll play and work much harder for milan then he does for city. IMO he needs to be "the man" which by that I mean he needs to be a regular undisputed starter.
And, of course and most importantly I'd rather have Balotelli then Pato because clearly it's safer and better to have a super talent who's never injured rather has phases where he decides to be an idiot, then a player who is disciplined but is always sidelined.

Anyhow, I rambled on a lot about a silly rumour, but if we were to sell Pato I would go for Balotelli. We have Niang who from the very little I've seen I can only really make a comparison to Balotelli but then again he's much to young to really tell. I'd like to have a big target man again because I find that any lobbed balls over the opponents defence we have difficulty getting to, plus other then yepes and possibly mexes and i suppose pato and pazzini(supposedly so good with headers) we never score off set pieces.

If it was up to me, I would just want Pato to be performing back at his best and keep him forever, he really has a special place for me and im sure other fans because he was amazing when he came to milan and it feels as if he's grown up here not that he's been here for very very long but still quite some time, never complained never talked about leaving.. But things are beginning to turn sour by the looks of it.
(11-21-2012, 10:58 PM)ACM2012 Wrote: I am glad that he got a goal at the end, which will help his confidence. I am a bit upset that he didn't run to El Shaarawy to thank him for the wonderful assist. Maybe I am overthinking, but could Pato be jealous of El Shaarawy?
Yes you are over thinking for once. Its not that SES is playing in the team at Pato's position. There are 3 attacking potions in the current formation and it enough to adjust both Pato & SES comfortably. SES coming from the wide areas and Pato around the penalty area is an ideal combo. Now if only that DUMB and loser Allegri could adjust Bojan there with some and forget the mission impossible of making Boateng and Urby as the CAM of ACM.

As for Pato not thanking SES, well come you can't be serious Xu?!?! By the time Pato tapped in the goal SES was already celebrating had a run towards the other player. So in order to catch him Pato had to make a rapid sprint to catch him on the right moment to celebrate. I say he did the right thing not making the sprint to catch SES as it might have injured him again Sagrin and let the wonder kid celebrate his moment. It was like the Ibrahimovic-Robinho first goal against Arsenal last year.

Pato needs to get in full match fitness, as he can be the deciding factor for AC Milan winning something or not winning. I truly believe that this guy will Rise again and become the fan favorite. He just needs time, little more patience and ofcourse the right players around him, i.e. SES and Bojan , not the failed duo of Boateng and Urby pretending to be Ribbery and Robben thanks to Allegri
Wallbang
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
I don't get what peoples big deal is on players not running over and thanking a player for assists and what not..
These guys train together every day, possibly even close friends I don't els cares that pato didnt run over and hug him I'm sure he thanked ELS later
I'm pretty pissed off at the comments he made yesterday after the game.....saying he "wants to play-we'll see what do to with my agent."

He has been injured for so long and the moment he became available for selection Allegri started throwing him in games and giving him starts. He hasn't played ALL the minutes but he's played enough and WILL play more as he grows in confidence and keeps up his match fitness. As a matter of fact, according to the performances he's had, he played as much as he should have.

He needs to stay quiet and work hard. This is a difficult time for the club and we don't need his crap. The club, Allegri and Berlusconi have shown faith in him.....now work hard.
I hope that he was just being immature without meaning it, but I certainly do agree with you (and Nalx) that Pato needs to zip it and work hard to prove his value on the field. I don't want him to turn into another Cassano (of course, there is no way that he can surpass that jackass).
aka xudong
Go away please Pato!
I can't call this "team" AC Milan.

I am having an extremely mixed feeling about Pato right now. His talent is immense but I am still struggling to see how he can best utilize it. If he really wants to leave, then screw him. Screw him hard. If he wants to stay and does stay, he has all my support.

Can we do a Pato-Silva exchange? OK, I am talking crazy.

aka xudong
That is crazy talk, but I wish we could.
More realistically, I wish we didn't swap pazzini for cassano.
I would argue that it's time to sell Pato.