Bologna - AC Milan 1-09-2012
(09-02-2012, 07:40 PM)tom-tom Wrote: Based on performance, the two players who should be benched are El Shaarawy and Nocerino. A 4-3-3 with a midfield of De Jong with Monti and Boateng on either side is worth a try.

Did you just steal my thoughts? Sagrin
aka xudong
(09-02-2012, 07:46 PM)ACM2012 Wrote:
(09-02-2012, 07:40 PM)tom-tom Wrote: Based on performance, the two players who should be benched are El Shaarawy and Nocerino. A 4-3-3 with a midfield of De Jong with Monti and Boateng on either side is worth a try.

Did you just steal my thoughts? Sagrin

Then who up front? Pazzini, Bojan and Niang?
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(09-02-2012, 06:04 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Out of curiosity, you've mentioned before you started following Milan during the Ancelotti era. Did you support another team before?

Hey Dev,

Good Question. I was obsessed with playing Football (Soccer) when I was young. The first Jersey my parents bought me was a Juventus one when I was 10 years old. It was the first one they saw in the store, and I never even watched a game of theirs. A year later, I quit because of Tennis. As I stated here before, I trained very hard in tennis all throughout Juniors and played briefly on the Pro-Tour. I now own a Tennis Academy for Juniors in New York.

When I was 17-18, I got interested again in Football. All of my friends at University were from Europe, and pushed me back in. I then followed Italia in the 2002 World Cup, and liked Gattuso, Nesta, and Inzaghi. My grandparents are from the same Province as Gattuso, and a few towns over. I ended up following Milan because of them which was around 10 years ago. I'm now 27.

For me, there was never a club before, nor after, Milan. 3bandiera
LOL. I was just thinking who should not play, and didn't really think who can play. With Robinho and Pato out to injury and Boateng moved back to midfield, it does not seem that we have many options left now. Icon_lol2

Sure, Pazzini and Niang supported by Bojan. But I certainly doubt Niang would get much chance, so we probably see more of El Shaarawy, which I am certainly not against. It is just that his last games weren't impressive at all.
aka xudong
(09-02-2012, 08:32 PM)Ryo Wrote:
(09-02-2012, 07:46 PM)ACM2012 Wrote: Did you just steal my thoughts? Sagrin

Then who up front? Pazzini, Bojan and Niang?

Well, Robinho should be back by the next game so upfront: Binho - Pazzini - Bojan.
but yeah, like ACM2012 said, if not Binho then El-Sha, there's no one else. I REALLY hope (more than anything) that this season doesn't become another injury circus like last year. I think there was even a thread dedicated solely to injuries last year.
You could hope, but we are already going down the wrong direction, it seems. So far, we have at least four injured players: Muntari (before the season), Pato (right before the season), Robinho (1st game), Montolivo (2nd game). If I miss anyone, please let me know.

We should have an injury watch thread, just to keep track of those who are injured, and when they can come back.
aka xudong
Thanks to this two week break at least robinho and pato will be a few days from their anticipated recoveries..
Injury thread http://milanmania.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=246
Did not watch the game but indeed such an important 3 points for all of us here (and to all Milan fans everywhere) Smile

Glad to hear Acerbi is starting to establish himself in the team. And wow to Pazzoka!
(09-03-2012, 03:03 AM)edysim Wrote: Did not watch the game but indeed such an important 3 points for all of us here (and to all Milan fans everywhere) Smile

Glad to hear Acerbi is starting to establish himself in the team. And wow to Pazzoka!

He just played one game ... I don't call that "establishing himself in the team" !! Big Grin

Anyway, he was 10 times better than Yepes in the first game and easily better than Bonera in this same game.

With Zapata or Mexes in the team too, we finally could be solid behind, not WC, not very good, just solid, and for Serie A, that's what is needed in 95% of the games.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !