Bologna - AC Milan 1-09-2012
It was a terrible game, but all blame (IMO) goes to the midfield, and ultimately, Allegri. We were absolutely dominated by Bologna, and in all honesty, there was not much attackers can do but play isolated; Our defense held their ground too.

This simply shows the importance of having a decent midfield. Despite the limited option he had, I still believe that Allegri could have done much better than his choice today.

Oh well, since we won, I am going to give him the benefit of doubt for now.
(09-01-2012, 09:48 PM)el fre Wrote: I think giving Boateng the number 10 was a mistake. He sucks. I mean, he is a solid player, and can be great if used properly but by no means a AC Milan number 10. And the number 10 has given him confidence that he thnks he's a much better player he actually is. Also, without Ibra, he and Nocerino look soooo bad.

Congratulations to Pazzini, our new fox in the box.

This is what I think of Boateng.

He sucks as #10, but he does not suck at all. His unpredictable and explosive runs and shots at the goals made him a very unique and lethal weapon that ANY team would admire having. Giving him #10 is not a mistake (it is just a number after all), but actually letting him play as #10 is. What the heck is Allegri thinking? Facepalm
aka xudong
(09-01-2012, 09:49 PM)ACM2012 Wrote: It was a terrible game, but all blame (IMO) goes to the midfield, and ultimately, Allegri. We were absolutely dominated by Bologna, and in all honesty, there was not much attackers can do but play isolated; Our defense held their ground too.

This simply shows the importance of having a decent midfield. Despite the limited option he had, I still believe that Allegri could have done much better than his choice today.

Oh well, since we won, I am going to give him the benefit of doubt for now.

Well..... if we had started with De Jong, Monty and Noce in the middle with Prince further up, I believe we would have been that much more effective. Unfortunately, for whatever inexplicable reason, Ambro still get to start in times like these. He's no better than Van Bommel is right now, and he can't even calm himself down in the face of Diamanti's provocation, how the hell can he calm the team down and lead them then?

Ambro may be our spiritual captain, but he's no Maldini. Our midfield should be chosen on their efforts in practice, not on merit. Ambro out! De Jong was beastly enough, when he got himself into the game, they had to put two bodies on him. He does what MVB used to do, free up space for our players to run into. And his passing... not bad.

As for Prince, I do agree, I would rather see him in the midfield and Monty further up. We aren't playing a diamond mid, so four across is fine with me. Monty, Noce and Prince all attack and defend easily enough, we don't really need a reference as a play maker, we can have all three of them making that unpredictable final pass. It would give opposing defenses nightmares. Sounds downright Uefalona-ish.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(09-01-2012, 09:48 PM)el fre Wrote: I think giving Boateng the number 10 was a mistake. He sucks. I mean, he is a solid player, and can be great if used properly but by no means a AC Milan number 10. And the number 10 has given him confidence that he thnks he's a much better player he actually is. Also, without Ibra, he and Nocerino look soooo bad.

New Pippo.

1st goal: was that a dive? I am not sure. but it certainly is Pippo style Grinundwech
2nd goal: Pippo style. Okmilan
3rd goal: Pippo style. Okmilan

Pippo joined Milan at 28; Pazzini joined Milan at 28.
Pippo deal included a player (Zenoni) and a lot of money; Pazzini deal also included a player and a lot of money (let's be honest, 7.5M is a lot of money for us these days).

The difference is of course that Pippo didn't score a hat-trick in his first full game. Grinundwech

(09-01-2012, 09:57 PM)Ryo Wrote: Well..... if we had started with De Jong, Monty and Noce in the middle with Prince further up, I believe we would have been that much more effective. Unfortunately, for whatever inexplicable reason, Ambro still get to start in times like these. He's no better than Van Bommel is right now, and he can't even calm himself down in the face of Diamanti's provocation, how the hell can he calm the team down and lead them then?

Ambro may be our spiritual captain, but he's no Maldini. Our midfield should be chosen on their efforts in practice, not on merit. Ambro out! De Jong was beastly enough, when he got himself into the game, they had to put two bodies on him. He does what MVB used to do, free up space for our players to run into. And his passing... not bad.

As for Prince, I do agree, I would rather see him in the midfield and Monty further up. We aren't playing a diamond mid, so four across is fine with me. Monty, Noce and Prince all attack and defend easily enough, we don't really need a reference as a play maker, we can have all three of them making that unpredictable final pass. It would give opposing defenses nightmares. Sounds downright Uefalona-ish.

That's a very neat idea actually. I have always thought of Milan formation under the assumption that it has to be a 3-man midfield plus an AM. In that frame, I would make de Jong the central midfielder, and Boateng on the side, one out of Montolivo/Nocerino on the other side. Yes, and yes, YES, Ambrosini should be at most a backup player, and maybe he will start phasing out now.

If your four-man flat midfield can be the solution, but of course if the most recent decline in Nocerino's form is real and persistent, I would drop him immediately, and try even Constant.
aka xudong
(09-01-2012, 10:01 PM)ACM2012 Wrote:

New Pippo.

1st goal: was that a dive? I am not sure. but it certainly is Pippo style Grinundwech
2nd goal: Pippo style. Okmilan
3rd goal: Pippo style. Okmilan

Pippo joined Milan at 28; Pazzini joined Milan at 28.
Pippo deal included a player (Zenoni) and a lot of money; Pazzini deal also included a player and a lot of money (let's be honest, 7.5M is a lot of money for us these days).

The difference is of course that Pippo didn't score a hat-trick in his first full game. Grinundwech

Bite your tongue! Pippo = GOD
Nuff said! SagrinSagrinSagrin
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
To be honest, I really hated Pippo

Grinundwech
when he played for Jubentus. True story. Big Grin
aka xudong
I don't know about you guys but I felt this was a big step forward from our previous game. We had sparks of great team play, passing the ball with zip along the field. Often, though, it would end in an ineffective Boateng shot well outside the box.

Noce again plays poorly but we are also seeing sparks of his play improving. He made a couple of absolutely stellar runs into the box that boateng missed. He also was a part of the shot/pass for Pazzis 3rd.

Bojan seemed to find his space late in the game in the final third. If we can effectively integrate him into the starting 11 (ELS bench), we may have a great attacker to match robinho on the other side.

De Sciglio, oh boy. I hear some of you praising him but I thought he was fairly poor (not accounting for his age). Near the end of the first and the start of the second, Bologna were very threatening on his side. We then had to start overloading (pushing Ambro and De Jong) to cover space by him and they started switching the field and opening up even more space. The team during those moments looked to be really lacking in confidence. Not until the luck of the Pazzini 2nd goal did we even look to be fighting back. De Sciglio has fairly good/great crosses and combines much better offensively than Abate, but his defense is still lacking. He is a great prospect though and if he continues to work on his game and improve he can be an excellent player on the right.

Thank god for the international break. I think we are going to see this young bunch get even better.
Are we still garbage you people are hilarious 3-1 still complain anyways I hope monty injury isn't serious and I hope allegri fixes his situation with mexes acerbi look liked a disaster but he got better later on hehe
Honestly, we still are quite garbage today. We looked like we had no hope of winning the game at certain points with Bologna surging attacks on our goals aided by the referees. A win is a win, however, and with the two-week break coming up, hopefully Montolivo can recover in time. We need him in the midfield. And maybe Pato too, to back up Pazzini properly. Grinundwech

Oh, on De Sciglio. I don't necessarily disagree with two of you (honsano, Nalx) but I would like to put up a defense. I personally feel that his performance was very decent. I don't think he was out of position terribly. It is after all Milan's traditional playing style that fullbacks push up, and I feel that DS did exactly just that. When the whole team was down, and the midfield wasn't exactly doing their job, it was of course possible for him to look bad on occasions, but I feel that it was part of the Allegri's tactic and he was implementing it quite faithfully. And not to forget that he showed a lot of courage and composure. The tackle on Diamanti (which was miraculously ignored by the referee) was particularly impressive, and morale-boosting.

The bad players today, IMO:
Nocerino (terrible, not just the PK given away), Ambrosini (just too old and not good enough Sad), El Shaarawy (invisible)

Montolivo was unlucky to get injured. He had not really started to impress either to be honest, but I feel that he would get better into the game, just like Boateng did, had he got the chance to finish the game without getting injured.
aka xudong
what to say?This was victory not from team play,but a victory after one mistake made from our opponents.I must say that I like Pazzo even when he plays for other teams.I was thinking for him as for new Ganz.For me this game was very physical.From what I see we have no plan b if the game go on in different direction.Also I will say Boateng is not a trequartista and number 10 is not for him.He is very good when he play from box to box.Also it is too early to judge the situation around Noce.As for defense, well Acce play very good game,but yes he make some mistakes,but also one good tackle in the penalty area, and he read the game excellent.De Scelio - very good game, and when you play you also makes errors from witch I hope he will learn.Bonera and Antonini аре Bonera and Antonini.SES looks lost in the game,but he is young and this justifies him.In general the second half Milan playing unorganized.And the problem for that is our coach who knows only 4-3-1-2 system.From now on for me he is just chicken head ,unless we win this year our eight Cl title!?!
http://www.goal.com/en/match/88047/bolog...er-ratings

do these guys from goal.shit actually watch games before they write articles about them?