Coppa Italia - Milan - Atalanta
No penalty?? Scandal..
Well there goes the realistic chance of a trophy this season. The route was open to the final but as usual Pioli craps the bed.

Dire 2nd half performance in a season full of them. In fact the whole season has been a disaster and it is now effectively over in early Jan. Zero chance in the Europa League where the likes of Liverpool and Leverkusen will skin this team.

Appoint a new coach and salvage what you can from the season. Persisting with the idiot Pioli is madness.
The referee gave Atalanta a penalty. Very soft, because Jimenez touched the ball first and you clearly can see the ball changed the direction, though slightly. Then the handball before the game ended should have been a penalty, because his arm was still away from the body (his arms were wide out but on their way back to the body). To be fair, that would have been a soft penalty too, but seeing that he gave another soft one earlier, I thought that this one would have been given.

But maybe the referee was trying to help us. He knew that we wouldn't have won anyway, so he was trying to save us from wasting another 30 minutes for the Serie A game. That wouldn't have made a difference anyway, because we have ... Pioli! Icon_lol2
aka xudong
(01-10-2024, 11:04 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: Well there goes the realistic chance of a trophy this season. The route was open to the final but as usual Pioli craps the bed.

Dire 2nd half performance in a season full of them. In fact the whole season has been a disaster and it is now effectively over in early Jan. Zero chance in the Europa League where the likes of Liverpool and Leverkusen will skin this team.

Appoint a new coach and salvage what you can from the season. Persisting with the idiot Pioli is madness.

What are you talking about? Juventus is still in the game.  Icon_lol2
aka xudong
This is a Pioli mess. Why we play with seemingly no midfielders. This pitch is so empty in the middle. THis style puts so much pressure on our attackers to make something of nothing. Howevr, I thought with Adli coming on and when he was in the opponents half, we looked more dangerous. I love Reijnders, but I wish he and Adli would switch with Adli playing more advanced and Reijnders deep. I also wish Pulisic and Leao would switch sides every once in a while.

Let's be fair. The penalties were backwards. Jiminez gets ball and stops the attack. Our header in the 94th hits an extended arm (ie not against body). Oh well. Coppa is crap and happy to be out of it early.
Bad, bad game. In the middle we are shit. Did they send 1 ball to Jovic the entire game?
I don't understand what position Musah is playing. Is he a RCM or a RM? Or a RWB? I think he had a terrible game overall with some terrible decision making and passing execution...but still, it can't be easy for him in that "position".

The 1st half was decent. Not great. But decent. Then, we fell apart in the 2nd. Time and time again we've ended up dropping points in the league during 2nd halves and now lost in the Cope in the 2nd half as well. The conditioning of the team is simply not good enough. Either that, or we waste too much energy in the 1st part of games, needlessly running with the ball all over the field rather then making the ball do the work and moving it around with passing sequences.

I feel like we repeat this every couple week now....so let's say it again....Pioli is done at Milan. We are delaying the inevitable at this point.

And then there is the refs and VAR. Italian football suffers from some of the worst refereeing in top leagues. They call every single touch as a foul and dice up the game with calls, making a lot of games boring, slow and unwatchable. And when that's now enough, they give penalties like the one we saw today....even when every single replay showed that Jimenez got the ball first.
I think both penalties were correct.

Our results about all top teams this season is possibly the worst I seen.