AC Milan Vs. Juventus (25/2/12) 20:45
(02-20-2012, 05:50 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Elmago I don't agree with starting SES, Robinho and Urby up front. With that we won't have a reference point up front and we'll be toothless in attack, much like we were in Udine until Maxi came on. Also, SES is really young and I fear too much responsibility on his shoulders right now will be difficult for him to manage (like Pato).

Personally, I will wait to see who's available before thinking of a lineup.

Ibra will most likely not be available, as well as Boateng, which puts us in a pickle. I'm not crazy about Maxi Lopez, but your points are valid. I think we could counter attack a lot better with the 3 I suggested, but I'm sure Allegri will probably start Maxi Lopez. Plus, there's no rule that means we must have a big forward to hold the ball. Italy plays with Cassano/Rossi up front, and Barca never use a big Man.
I read from a Chinese website that Boateng is indeed injured, and that the worst possible scenario is that he will be out for another month.

If that's true, Wallbang
aka xudong
(02-20-2012, 09:09 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: Ibra will most likely not be available, as well as Boateng, which puts us in a pickle. I'm not crazy about Maxi Lopez, but your points are valid. I think we could counter attack a lot better with the 3 I suggested, but I'm sure Allegri will probably start Maxi Lopez. Plus, there's no rule that means we must have a big forward to hold the ball. Italy plays with Cassano/Rossi up front, and Barca never use a big Man.

It's not so much we need a big man up front, just someone who can lead the line. Robinho and El Shaarawy both like to drop deep and start plays from deep, meaning they work best when there's someone further up to play off of. Ibra drops deep too, but generally speaking he will look to press the opponents backline, which is why Robinho often has space to play on the left or behind when paired with Ibra (he will push up to lead the line when Ibra drops deep on occasions). I know Maxi's not a great player, but for what he brings to our side, I think he will have to start if Ibra's out.

Speaking of which, Ibra's 50/50 imo at this point, but we must be prepared to play without him. Likewise, Boateng also probably won't be back, though if Urby can somewhat replicate his performance vs Cesena then he will be a viable alternative (it'll have to be a more tactically disciplined performance needed though).

About Barca and Italy playing with less references up front, let's not forget that the teams (especially Barca) often rely on runners from deep pushing up into the spaces left by the forwards to fill the void. Our midfield doesn't do this as much as really we only have Nocerino who's capable of it.

Finally, just a general point but it looks like Pato should be fine for this game, as he was rested as precaution on Sunday. If he's match fit, then he could be a good contender to lead the line if Ibra's out.
Even though Juventus is a shitty team, in light of all our injuries even a draw would be as good as a win. Its going to be tough, I hope I don't miss this game. We can easily defeat them if we had a full squad, we have tons more quality than them in our 1st team.
Talk about somebody leads the line, it's work cut out for a legend. With runners like Binho, SES, Emma, Nocerino and Boa, if Ibra's out, nobody can do better than Pippo at pressing a finger into the opponent's throat.
I forgot about Pippo, but he has absolutely no ball skills and will most likely loose 95% of the ball possession whenever it ends up with him
So Hitman is getting in your heads Big Grin. Aren`t you forgetting a certain Pato. If he is fit, and Ibra is out there is no way we should use Maxi or Pippo. Pato will be our Target man.

He has had problems with tighter teams and some problems coexisting with Ibra but still with only teams that play tight defenses. Remember Napoli how both of them killed the game. Juventus will not play tight defense, so there is an opportunity for Pato to show his real worth.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
If Boateng and Ibra are out, then I would say - Juventus are favorites. Ibra and Boateng were great against Arsenal, so it's a real blow.
I am not forgetting Pato, but he has been out for a month. Asking him for a top game immediately would be a stretch.

p.s. I would probably even start with SES, since he seems to be more in form right now. Then we can sub Pato on in 2nd half.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
I was planning on going but all the tickets are sold out :'(

I would play Lopez + Binho + Emanuelson Smile
Honestly, I would rather play Pippo than Lopez. If Pato is fit, we should play him. I don't care if he is not match fit. Wink He is still better than Pippo and Lopez at this stage.
aka xudong