Europa League 2020-21
And we drew Shamrock Rovers from Republic of Ireland.
I have heard of Shamrock Rovers. There was a cup final a few years ago where their goalkeeper saved all four penalties in the PK shootout.

Another time that happened was 1986 European Cup final where Barcelona lost by 0:2. Big Grin
aka xudong
Wow, tough opposition. I would have rather faced Dudelange FC
Juventus vs Shamrock Rovers a bit back was proved as a turning point for them as the end of their banger era.
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(08-31-2020, 12:46 PM)ACM2020 Wrote: Another time that happened was 1986 European Cup final where Barcelona lost by 0:2. Big Grin

that was Bucharest, not SR
(09-01-2020, 12:23 AM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: that was Bucharest, not SR

I know. I just said those were the only two times (to my knowledge) that a goalkeeper saved all 4 penalties in a penalty shootout. Big Grin

Brazil also missed all 4 penalties against Paraguay in Copa America 2011 Quarter Final (which they lost also by 0:2 Big Grin), but I think the Paraguay goalkeeper didn't save all of them.
aka xudong
It will be tricky, being away and their season is well underway and it will be our first competitive match as well, I assume.
Tricky to play a one game round, away, but if we're afraid by this kind of team (no disrespect, we need to play seriously and at 100%), then let's pull out right now from Europa League.
IMO, it is like a friendly game against a small side, you want to win it and generally do. Comfortably or not, it's the question.

Any result other than a 2 goal win would be a surprise and should lead to punishment for the players involved.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(09-01-2020, 05:03 AM)ACM2020 Wrote: I know. I just said those were the only two times (to my knowledge) that a goalkeeper saved all 4 penalties in a penalty shootout. Big Grin

Brazil also missed all 4 penalties against Paraguay in Copa America 2011 Quarter Final (which they lost also by 0:2 Big Grin), but I think the Paraguay goalkeeper didn't save all of them.

How do you remember all these things, are you bot Grinundwech A Good botBig Grin
Bodø/Glimt (NOR) / Žalgiris Vilnius (LTU) Winner of this against us (or Shamrock Grinundwech ) in third round.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.