Summer mercato 2012
(06-13-2012, 07:16 AM)GeoTav Wrote: The agent of Yarmolenko said Milan made a 20M offer to Dynamo Kiev, but their president refused it because they have no need of money ...

It's weird ...

We have no money, but we try to get a player by offering 20M, what's that ?!

My only guess is that couple of years back we have decided that we will invest in players that we can cash in later( RETURN ON INVESTMENT) . If you analyse it you will see that every penny that we have payed last 4-5 years have been in players that we were sure that we will get return on investment in the future. Other players have been already under contract or freebies.

Robinho 18 mil/ 20 mil
Ibra 24 mil/30-35 mil
Pato 20mil/35mil
Tiago 8 mil/50
Boateng 6 mil/ 20+ mil
Huntelar 12 mil/15 mil

No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(06-13-2012, 07:51 AM)Kastriot Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 07:16 AM)GeoTav Wrote: The agent of Yarmolenko said Milan made a 20M offer to Dynamo Kiev, but their president refused it because they have no need of money ...

It's weird ...

We have no money, but we try to get a player by offering 20M, what's that ?!

My only guess is that couple of years back we have decided that we will invest in players that we can cash in later( RETURN ON INVESTMENT) . If you analyse it you will see that every penny that we have payed last 4-5 years have been in players that we were sure that we will get return on investment in the future. Other players have been already under contract or freebies.

Robinho 18 mil/ 20 mil
Ibra 24 mil/30-35 mil
Pato 20mil/35mil
Tiago 8 mil/50
Boateng 6 mil/ 20+ mil
Huntelar 12 mil/15 mil

In Football Manager (don't throw stones at me Sagrin ) Yarmolenko is a good player. Have I mentioned he's top scorer of Euro 2014 in my FM?

I watched some games of Ukraine in qualifier and while many says he's a new Shevchenko, I tend to disagree; he has different styles, not really a natural goalscorer, but works hard for the team. Maybe a little bit like Borriello but much, much better.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Good news guys, Aquilani has no more contract, so he should stay Rossonero ...

Official or almost :
- Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Zambrotta, Van Bommel out, Thiago Silva almost sold
- Montolivo and Traore in

Rumours :
- Ibra and Cassano asking to leave, maybe Boateng too depending on what happens
- Dede, Astori, Acerbi or Silvestre as our new CB
- Aquilani as a "new CM"
- Maxi Lopez back

What a terrible mercato so far ... Sad
Doesn't it sound ridiculous so far ? It can't be real, there must be something huge that will happen ... and if all that was to get funds to buy Messi and Ronaldo ?
(06-13-2012, 08:03 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: In Football Manager (don't throw stones at me Sagrin ) Yarmolenko is a good player. Have I mentioned he's top scorer of Euro 2014 in my FM?

I watched some games of Ukraine in qualifier and while many says he's a new Shevchenko, I tend to disagree; he has different styles, not really a natural goalscorer, but works hard for the team. Maybe a little bit like Borriello but much, much better.

He's maybe not a natural goalscorer (12 goals in 20 games if I'm correct in the Ukrainian championship, not a bad ratio Big Grin), but he tends to come from a side (right side, Sheva came from the left) to shoot with his left foot ... He maybe tends to stay on the side more than Sheva.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Aqua is such a sad case. But then again, thats what happens to players who thinks they are talented but in reality just an average normal player. Pls stay away Aqua, have some pride and actually find a club who have not told you to get lost twice.

I will bet that the CB signing will be Natalie and maybe Astori, depending on Mexes, if France somehow manages to win the Euro while Mexes being their starter. Galli will not spend on another defender. Lastly, Lopez will cost too much, think Polaschi and Verdi will be the new strikers due along with Pato and SES. Barca, Real, City, PSG, Chelsea, and Bayern are sure to be scare now.

Would selling the club be easier than selling players to raise funds?
(06-13-2012, 08:04 AM)GeoTav Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 08:03 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: In Football Manager (don't throw stones at me Sagrin ) Yarmolenko is a good player. Have I mentioned he's top scorer of Euro 2014 in my FM?

He's maybe not a natural goalscorer (12 goals in 20 games if I'm correct in the Ukrainian championship, not a bad ratio Big Grin), but he tends to come from a side (right side, Sheva came from the left) to shoot with his left foot ... He maybe tends to stay on the side more than Sheva.

Wikipedia and FM listed him as left winger and striker... I don't know whether tactically he could be right player for us, but he will adapt better in Serie A than most strikers. There are two young players I'd like to see in this Euro; him and Christian Eriksen. So far Eriksen fail to impress me; Yarmolenko did better in first match although Sheva stole all the headlights...

From Wikipedia: "He has been strongly linked with Italian giants AC Milan after reportedly being recommended by former AC Milan star and national team mate Andriy Shevchenko." No source and credibility though Sagrin

And oh, he's (obviously) non-EU.

On a side note, Gabriel, I think we lost any ownership of Paloschi (selling 100% of his rights to Sampdoria)?
When did that happened?
(06-13-2012, 08:17 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Aqua is such a sad case. But then again, thats what happens to players who thinks they are talented but in reality just an average normal player. Pls stay away Aqua, have some pride and actually find a club who have not told you to get lost twice.

I will bet that the CB signing will be Natalie and maybe Astori, depending on Mexes, if France somehow manages to win the Euro while Mexes being their starter. Galli will not spend on another defender. Lastly, Lopez will cost too much, think Polaschi and Verdi will be the new strikers due along with Pato and SES. Barca, Real, City, PSG, Chelsea, and Bayern are sure to be scare now.

Would selling the club be easier than selling players to raise funds?

About the bold part : keeping saying that won't make it happen ... Anyway, selling the club could be worse than what happens nowadays if the guy who takes the club is like the ones who took Liverpool for example. There are actually 3 "good" solutions :
- We don't change anything, but we should be prepared to see our star players leave each 2-3 seasons (the worst of the three solutions)
- Berlusconi sells some parts of the club to raise funds and this way, he will have money and his family will keep the power in the club (the best solution I think as Barbara seems to want a strong team if the rumours are true and she really asked not to sell Ibra nor Thiago Silva)
- Berlusconi sells the club to an owner giving him guarantees that he will put money in the club and keep Milan at the top of Europe or at least Italy ...

About the rest of your post, if Thiago is sold at the end of the day/week, and if Ibra asks to leave too, then Maxi Lopez will be ideal for Galliani : he will just have to invest 8M (from 70M + the amount of saved wages) and pay him 2M a year ... This way, he will be able to say that Maxi Lopez is a champion from Barcelona, that his blood is red and black (could be true, at least this guy tried his best when he was given a chance) and that as a consequence, he's a perfect new player for Milan and we don't need any other striker ... This way, just imagine the amount of money we would save !! Damn, I'm speaking and thinking like Galliani here !! Big Grin
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
For starter, those business type owners(ManU and Pool), won't buy Milan unless it is at a very low price b/c Milan does not won its own stadium.
From your three options, I don't like the first one, I doubt there are people out there that would let Berlu plays with their money, and I prefer the third one the most.

I think Berlu just needs to sell Milan to someone like Roman and everyone will be happy.
(06-13-2012, 08:28 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: When did that happened?

Sorry I meant Chievo. At last summer?
Did not know that. Well anyway, not a big lost.