Summer mercato 2012
Maybe I missed something, but the only person who kept saying Milan will be fighting for relegation or Europa Spot is you Boban. Most of us here are either complaining, asking and wondering why Milan or Berlu is selling Silva?

I really don't know why you have to come in here and kept suggesting other people are crap and you are the only true fan....

On top of that, nobody here ever suggest Berlu should spend 100mill per summer....rather most people here only suggest Berlu to spend 20 mil or so for 2-3 players. To me that's pretty reasonable for a club like Milan. Heck even if he does not spend, we as fans would accept, but does he needs to sell? He does not need the money and if he thinks Milan is a burden that he needs to sell its best player to maintain the club, he could always sell the club to someone who does not mind the troubles.

You see, Berlu might be the owner of the club and spends more money than us fans....but the heart and soul of Milan is not the the owner or the players or the staff, but the fans. Fans have every right to voice their opinion about their beloved club, b/c they also spend their hard earn money on their clubs. The amount might not be 50mil like Berlu, but the ratio compares to their income far exceed 50mil to Berlu's earning. Why do these people spend their income on Milan? Simply b/c they love Milan and wants to show others they are part of Milan. R these people wrong to ask for the same affections shown from Milan's owner?

IF you say, maybe Berlu is not as rich as he is and that he just has no money to MAINTAIN not spend on Milan...thats fine, but that does not mean Berlu cannot sell the club to someone who can maintain Milan. Thats common sense isn't it. I used to own a sports car and a jeep but over the years, I realize I can't afford to have two cars, and as much as it hurt, I sold my sports car. B/c thats what made sense. What does not make sense, would be selling parts of my sports car, or stop all the insurance and other payments for my sportscar, meaning I still own my sports car but can't drive it around b/c it is not insure. Whats the point of having a car, if you can't drive it around? Thats exactly what is going on with Berlu with Milan.
Thanks, Gabriel. That's so beautifully said. Okmilan I am absolutely agreeing with you. Berlusconi has done great things for Milan, and I know I am grateful for that. I am aware (unfortunately) that he has all the right to do whatever he wants (or not do whatever he doesn't want), after all, he is the owner. But if he truly cares about Milan, and can't afford it, he should just sell it. There would be a long list of sincere buyers with Milan's current status if Berlusconi decided to put Milan on sale, that's my not-so-wild guess.

True fans are irrational animals. Had it not been Berlusconi, I doubt that Milan would be my team for the past 20+ years. I remember having some warm feelings towards Tottenham Hotspurs and Sampdoria (somehow I have always hated Juventus and Inter) before I "settled down" with Milan, so it was really a random choice to start with, but just like most other true fans, we all pour our heart in and won't leave no matter what happens later on. It is amazing that Berlusconi has been around so long and achieved so much, but similar to "the shirt, not the players" argument, for me, it is also "the shirt, not the owner"; for me, I would love to see Berlusconi leading Milan to even more glory, but Milan comes first always. It is not even a question for me.

I have no intention to go into another long discussion, so I will just repeat one thing and leave it like that: It would be a shame if Milan goes down in this fashion, and Berlusconi owes this one to millions of Milan fans around the world.
aka xudong
Sigh.

All I'm going to say is when this T. Silva deal eventually takes place, let's hope the brain trust has concrete plans to reinvest the transfer fee towards some great players. Fifty million Euros can address 2-3 needs we have for this team.

Let's hope. My guess is the bulk of the fee will go towards buying outright and then refurbishing the San Siro and not on transfers.
(06-12-2012, 05:55 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Maybe I missed something, but the only person who kept saying Milan will be fighting for relegation or Europa Spot is you Boban. Most of us here are either complaining, asking and wondering why Milan or Berlu is selling Silva?

=

(06-04-2012, 04:16 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: IF we lose T. Silva, I expect a finish of 5-8 next year.

(06-04-2012, 04:31 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: They pretend this is a good team. I would be much happier if they said Milan are in a long term rebuilding period, we're broke, and we will hope to make Europa League next year. We need to let go some players and liquidate our debt, and we will try to sign some Bosman Players. Then we will sign younger guys and hope to build for future. Then, I'd be fine. But they cannot say that because Ibra will go nuts and leave, and the whole team could fall apart.

(06-11-2012, 03:41 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: I hate to say it, but if T. Silva is sold this Summer (As I fully expected a month ago and now even more), I hope Ibrahmovic forces his way out.

Then, I hope we're in a relegation battle this year in which we narrowly stay in Serie A. The whole season we never have more than 300 Fans in San Siro, and Berlusconi loses 200 Million Euros.

Then a Sheik comes in and buys the Club at a reduced price, and buy back T.Silva.Sagrin

I won't be watching this season if we field a garbage team, that's a promise.

I could find some more in the previous mercato threads (summer 2010, summer 2009....) or the previous MilanMania version...

========================
Quote:I really don't know why you have to come in here and kept suggesting other people are crap and you are the only true fan....

When did I say something like that? I only ask you to be positive and it hurts me so much to see more and more pessimism inside a Milan forum. When I support one club I'm expecting to meet my fellow fans talking about, you know, like how we will win the next season, not otherwise....

MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
About the will to win something quickly ... PSG could be the right place, unfortunately (I still don't believe I am saying such a thing : a French club !! A winning French club !! That's impossible ...).

They don't do what Manchester City did ... It seems Ancelotti and Leonardo (and it seems Maldini is in that team too now as the rumours are that he personnally called Thiago Silva) know what they want for their team.

PSG tended to play with 4-4-2 / 4-2-3-1 (with wingers), their defence has never been that strong.
The fact they bought Alex and Lugano, and now maybe Thiago Silva is a clear indication that they bought good players and now want a leader there. By taking Thiago Silva, their defence would be fixed with Thiago, Alex, Lugano and Sakho (if he stays).
For their midfield, they took Pastore, Matuidi, Sissokho and Menez. It seems Pastore is no longer really wanted, and they are close of Kaka'.
For their attack, they took Gameiro last season, and now Lavezzi ... The rumour about Ibra, Eto'o and others means they want to make a new association, a new pair of strikers.

As you can see, they don't buy players just to buy players, there is a reason behind each move.

If they get what they want, their team will be very strong next season, and like they will be in the 3rd or 4th tie, they will be the team to avoid ...

My problem with all that ?! They keep buying their players in Serie A, don't they know any other championship ?!
(and as long as Ancelotti will be their coach, Leonardo their general manager and if that's true, Maldini one of their trainers, each star we have will be linked with PSG and of course, when there will be open deals, they will be more easily done as these guys from PSG are, originally, from the Milan family ...)
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
To make things clear, IMO:

Players, they get paid. Owners, they pay, same as us fans.

I'm not into signing Hazard for 36M. Or Dzeko for his price to City. Or Coentrao to Madrid, Chygrynsky to Barca, or Diego to Juve. Smart, sensible signings just like Ibra or Nocerino is what I'm hoping for. Or maybe, if you want examples from other teams; Chicarito, Nuri Sahin, Hernanes...

I'm not into refusing 78M offer for players like Hulk, just as Porto did. As Warro said, no player is more than 50M. But I'm into reinvesting it to better players with sensible price, of course.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
First rumour of the day coming from Mediaset : if Thiago leaves, Ibra will ask to be sold too.
Looks like we're going to rebuild our team for real this summer and that the last two years were just transition years.

That's frustrating and exciting at the same time, I'm nor optimistic nor pessimistic, I'll just wait for this long summer to be ended !!
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(06-12-2012, 07:22 AM)GeoTav Wrote: First rumour of the day coming from Mediaset : if Thiago leaves, Ibra will ask to be sold too.
Looks like we're going to rebuild our team for real this summer and that the last two years were just transition years.

That's frustrating and exciting at the same time, I'm nor optimistic nor pessimistic, I'll just wait for this long summer to be ended !!

Maybe that's B&G's sneaky way of getting Ibrahimovic sold, while they worked with A&L (Ancelotti&Leonardo Icon_lol2) to "fake" buy Silva.

I am going to have to go to bed now. I have had a really long day today. This silly rumor has had me uptight for a whole day now.
aka xudong
(06-12-2012, 07:30 AM)xudong Wrote: This silly rumor has had me uptight for a whole day now.

Unfortunately it is not a silly rumor, I think there are ongoing negotiations. I hope Galliani at least can push for a cash + Pastore deal. Than we can cash in on Robinho too and we can have a great AM and solid ammount of cash to cover every weakness in our team. Our defense will not be as good. PERIOD. but maybe the overall team performance will have a major boost.
--------------------------------------------
EDIT: Never mind what I said above.....WE SHOULD NOT SELL TIAGO AT ANY COST. HE IS THE CAPTAIN OF BRAZIL AND OUR FUTURE CAPTAIN. I have never gone wild on B&G, but if they sell Tiago I am starting a movement against those two.

--------------------------------------------
Off topic: Did anyone notice how rude Ibra was at the beginning of the game when you great the opposition. He was shaking hands with the other team and looking down all the time. And later when they switch flags with Sheva he was kinda rude there too.
I was really glad how Sheva stuck it to him.

No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
We will never buy unless we sell, as simple as that. Unfortunately, we have became the club that must sell their best players.

If we are going to follow the good examples, like when Juve sold Zidane to buy Nedved, Thuram and Buffon, than I'm for it - sell T. Silva for 50M.

And please don't give that crap about captain and a leader. T. Silva is NOT a leader and never will be. He's a great defender, and a great player, indeed, but ne's not a leader. Baresi was a leader, Maldini was a leader, Gattuso was a leader, sincerly how many of you see any of those in T. Silva? I really don't see it. The leader should fire his team up when things are not right, and honestly I'm not even sure T. Silva can fire himself up in those situations let alone the whole team.