Summer mercato 2012
Several sources report a "feud" in Milan between Galliani and Berlusconi ...

Berlusconi would be furious because Ibra wasn't sold to PSG, and he is angry against Galliani because he thinks he is the first responsible for the high wages ...

The rumour is that he could put his daughter as the one in charge of the contracts ...

These kinds of rumours, these kinds of problems (internal wars) are generally very bad for clubs. After 20 years together at the head of Milan, could it be the end of the Berlu-Galliani association ?!

Also next week, the Sheik will come back to Milan to meet Berlusconi. There are some rumours that they could talk about the sale of some parts of the club ... The problem of these rumours is that it's impossible to know if there is something true, or it comes from the forums first ...

EDIT : Ahah Dha Brain, looks like we read the same roumours at the same time (it's also on TMW, Corriere, etc).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Hate to say I told you so, but didn't I said Berlu lack of spending could be Galli's financial management skill.

For the stadium, personally, I know San Siro is San Siro.....but building a new stadium makes more sense than buying an old one that needs major renovation.
(06-07-2012, 12:01 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Several sources report a "feud" in Milan between Galliani and Berlusconi ...

Berlusconi would be furious because Ibra wasn't sold to PSG, and he is angry against Galliani because he thinks he is the first responsible for the high wages ...

The rumour is that he could put his daughter as the one in charge of the contracts ...

These kinds of rumours, these kinds of problems (internal wars) are generally very bad for clubs. After 20 years together at the head of Milan, could it be the end of the Berlu-Galliani association ?!

Also next week, the Sheik will come back to Milan to meet Berlusconi. There are some rumours that they could talk about the sale of some parts of the club ... The problem of these rumours is that it's impossible to know if there is something true, or it comes from the forums first ...

EDIT : Ahah Dha Brain, looks like we read the same roumours at the same time (it's also on TMW, Corriere, etc).

LOL I'm always on alert for Milan, goodluck in the euros wether you support france or italia hehe
(06-07-2012, 05:06 AM)WCmilan Wrote: Another good point Gabriel, that leads me closer to believing these reports of asamoah/isla to juve maybe bs after all, hoping.

btw, i would be praying for Sheikh Al-Maktoun to get involved with our team.

The guy has a net worth of about 18billion and increasing by close to 500mln/annum.. 100mln of that a year just on transfers would be peanuts for him

from wikipedia:

His family wealth in March 2012 is estimated at USD$ 79.5 billion by Forbes magazine
If we buy the San Siro for a reasonable price, refurbish it, take away that tier which blocks the sun, build corporate hospitality areas, shops etc. I wouldn't mind staying at the San Siro.

Well...... there is a fine line btw 18 billion and 79.5 (dont make the mistake to round up this number, that is exactly what we need to build the new stadium.) Big Grin

Damn, this guy is worth 40 times the budget of my country.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
IF you have a net worth of 18billion. You put that money on the most reliable bond funds and get an interest at 5%(very low for bonds fund). You will earn 900mil a yr. Thus 100mil is really nothing for this family.
(06-07-2012, 01:58 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: If we buy the San Siro for a reasonable price, refurbish it, take away that tier which blocks the sun, build corporate hospitality areas, shops etc. I wouldn't mind staying at the San Siro.

Thats probably be more expensive than building a new stadium.
The Berlu and Galliani feud seems to be something we hear about everytime there's a mercato now, so I won't pay too much attention to this yet. However, Berlu has every right to be extremely angry given our contract situation, though this was a bigger problem in the last few years than now when we've lost many big wages off our bill. If Berlu was really angry about this, then I'm sure we'd have known about it sooner for this reason.

If we rejected a 40m bid for Ibra as rumoured, then as far as I'm concerned this is a massive mistake. Ibra's an important player and I don't intend to go into debates about how we'd be without him again, simply saying I don't think we're necessarily worse off without him. However, he's over 30, earns a salary which our club theoretically can't afford (look at Hasan's sourced article earlier to understand why), he's extremely difficult to manage as seen in his disciplinary record and comments in the press and we'd get important funds to rebuild areas of our squad.

In fact, for 40m, we can realistically get Strootman (valued around 10m) and another high quality midfielder (10-15m can get a player of Asamoah's quality, which would improve us) and Dede, Ogbonna or Acerbi for defence (generally valued less than 10m) and we'd probably still have some money to invest in a forward. Given the savings we'd make on Ibra's wage, we could probably look to add a little to what's left over to make a purchase in the region of 15m. Add to this any other funds we have for the mercato, even if it's just around 5m, that bumps up funds for Ibra's replacement to around 20m, for which I'm sure we can get someone of good quality.

This scenario doesn't even consider other possible sales like Robinho.

(06-07-2012, 01:58 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: If we buy the San Siro for a reasonable price, refurbish it, take away that tier which blocks the sun, build corporate hospitality areas, shops etc. I wouldn't mind staying at the San Siro.

I'm not sure we need to take away the tier blocking the sun if the new synthetic pitch next season works well. The Berlusconi family, notably Barbara recently, has spoken of fully refurbishing the San Siro with modern facilities.

Hasan, as you probably know our situation with gaining ownership of San Siro better than me (you certainly have a better understanding of the Legge Crimi Law), what do you think our chances of buying out the San Siro are, especially if the rumours of Inter building their own stadium are true?
40mil for Ibra makes sense in a lot ways. Simply put, even if Ibra has a better season than this past yr, which I doubt, Milan probably still could not win the CL without real quality signings this summer. On the same token, I think if an offer of 25mil for Pato or 15mil for Robinho also makes sense, heck even a 50mil offer for Silva makes sense too. As long Milan will reinvest all those money into quality players and not leftover unwanted players like Aqua.
(06-07-2012, 02:39 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: In fact, for 40m...

...we would buy nothing, just like after Sheva's and Kaka's sales.