Summer mercato 2012
(06-05-2012, 09:48 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: To be honest, Milan have not beaten Barca over the past two yrs, you really can't say Silva can stop Messi and Ronaldo.

Silva's Barcelona

Well, Thiago Silva is the best defender in the world, he's IMO the equivalent of Ronaldo for defenders ... And when you know that Thiago Silva can play in midfield too because he's very good with the ball, that makes him an unbelievable player.

Actually, I even think Thiago Silva could be considered more important than them for a team : he's able to play alongside Bonera and look great, and even manages to make Bonera look good !! Messi and Ronaldo need good players around them ... Big Grin
(06-05-2012, 11:35 AM)k7r Wrote: PSG offer 34m for Ibra...........am fainting........and its reported in all newspapers !!!!!

Will they stop someday ?
It seems PSG signed Lavezzi, it's the agent of Lavezzi who revealed the information ...

Lavezzi, Pato, Ibra, Eto'o, who else ?!
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(06-05-2012, 08:57 AM)Revolver Wrote: Don't be silly to think Alcanara alone will make our midfield great.

Midfield of Nocerino, Montolivo and Alcantara would be worst midfield trio since Allegri came, with no real power and no real protection for the defense. Many people are misjudging Nocerino to be new Gattuso, when they're not event close: Gattuso was fantastic defensive midfielder, aggressive, pretty quick, strong, very intelligent, could cover the space of two men... Nocerino is none of that: He can't cover, he's not strong, he's often found missing in defensive actions... Nocerino is good box-to-box midfielder and that's it. Whoever you put on the other side of midfield, you'll need a real defensive midfielder behind the two.

I doubt you've seen la liga or watch thiago alcantara play even with spain's U - 21 squad dont be silly & judge a player when obviously I know you haven't watched him, Alcantara has even been called up to the senior spanish national team before & played in the uefa champions league & other high level compitions, face it everybody it's very rare to have 4 world class defenders in one squad even my friends from barcelona said they needed to improve they're back 4 after winning in wembly versus manchester united, obviously you dont remember when we played tottenham in the champions league our midfield could not produce squat ALL THE MIDFIELD MUST BE ABLE TO SCORE AT ALL TIMES you think Barcelona's strikers score every single game? hell even fabregas scored more his 1st year with them than with any year with Arsenal,Nocerino Montolivo Alcantara even KPB can all produce score anywhere from OUTSIDE THE BOX you cant have sitters to strikers all the time It's not logical nor possible
Thiago Alcantara is a Winger, he's not a trequartista and he doesn't fit our system at ALL. These rumors are so out of place it's ridiculous. His father and agent said he would reject such a move and they are definitely seeing their contract out with Barcelona.

ALCANTARA'S Father: "I know the rumors about my son, but he's happy at Barcelona."
ALCANTARA'S Father: "My son (Thiago Alcantara) won't be included in the negotiations for Thiago Silva"
ALCANTARA'S Father: "If he'd be happy at Milan? he's not thinking in them because he's fine here. He has 3 more years in his contract and will see it out"
ALCANTARA'S Father: "Barcelona points a lot on Alcantara and he's happy about it, he's fine here and wants to stay."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the Quotes of the Day....

GALLIANI: "We must keep reducing the wages, the big players are winning sums of money that aren't compatible with the Italian clubs, especially Milan"

GALLIANI: ""I do not understand how people can criticise our economic efforts while we are stuck in a worldwide financial crisis, so people just have to be grateful. I can't guarantee that all our stars will still be with us next season."

GALLIANI: "If Flamini stays, then the Aquilani-discussion is over. And if Flamini doesn't stay then somebody else could arrive. Either way we are fine as we are"
he is slowly preparing the field....
Uhhhh Thiago is nothing close a winger ElMago Confused He is somewhere halfway between Xavi and Iniesta in terms of TYPE of play. His level of play isn't there yet..but he definitely has immense potential and would definitely find space in our midfield if he were to come. I don't think he is though..he's a Barca youth product and I don't see them selling him.
Siamo a posto cosi.
(06-05-2012, 01:26 PM)Dha Brain Wrote:
(06-05-2012, 08:57 AM)Revolver Wrote: Don't be silly to think Alcanara alone will make our midfield great.

Midfield of Nocerino, Montolivo and Alcantara would be worst midfield trio since Allegri came, with no real power and no real protection for the defense. Many people are misjudging Nocerino to be new Gattuso, when they're not event close: Gattuso was fantastic defensive midfielder, aggressive, pretty quick, strong, very intelligent, could cover the space of two men... Nocerino is none of that: He can't cover, he's not strong, he's often found missing in defensive actions... Nocerino is good box-to-box midfielder and that's it. Whoever you put on the other side of midfield, you'll need a real defensive midfielder behind the two.

I doubt you've seen la liga or watch thiago alcantara play even with spain's U - 21 squad dont be silly & judge a player when obviously I know you haven't watched him, Alcantara has even been called up to the senior spanish national team before & played in the uefa champions league & other high level compitions, face it everybody it's very rare to have 4 world class defenders in one squad even my friends from barcelona said they needed to improve they're back 4 after winning in wembly versus manchester united, obviously you dont remember when we played tottenham in the champions league our midfield could not produce squat ALL THE MIDFIELD MUST BE ABLE TO SCORE AT ALL TIMES you think Barcelona's strikers score every single game? hell even fabregas scored more his 1st year with them than with any year with Arsenal,Nocerino Montolivo Alcantara even KPB can all produce score anywhere from OUTSIDE THE BOX you cant have sitters to strikers all the time It's not logical nor possible

I'm not judging Alcantara qualities at all. All I'm saying is that he's weak and can't defend. I saw enough of him to be able to judge that. You're not supposed to see a 15 games of a player to draw a conclusion that he is an attacking minded midfielder and cannot defend.

But your sentence that I put in bold is questionable to say the least. I cannot recall that I've ever seen Busquest's name on the score-sheet, for example. Then, you can't compare Fabregas to a normal midfielder because in Barcelona he plays as a second striker.

To put on some statistics: Barcelona's midfield trio has scored 13 goals between them in La Liga last season; Xavi scored 10, Iniesta 2 and Busquets 1. Only Nocerino and Muntari scored that same amount of goals in Serie A (13) and Muntari played only for half of season.

So, what you're trying to indicate, i.e. that our midfield is not scoring goals, is simply false.
And no matter what, to propose a three man midfield of two that cannot defend and the one that is average in defending is madness. Two years ago we had the best CB partnership in the world and we had to have both Van Bommel and Gattuso to protect the defense.

(06-05-2012, 02:22 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: GALLIANI: "We must keep reducing the wages, the big players are winning sums of money that aren't compatible with the Italian clubs, especially Milan"

Rolleyes That line is nonsense, pure and simple

First of al, Thiago is a very talented player, and he will improve e current Milan squad.
Secondly, he bleeds Barca, and if he comes to Milan, I am sure in a yr or two, he will be another Cesc, and Milan will be force to sell him back to Barca. Do you really want a player like that in Milan?
Lastly, why would he choose to leave his home club and head to Milan, who is at least a level below Barca.

These Galli comments are like saying Mikan will sell their stars and try to stay competitive with crappy players. Well done for keep making Milan into a joke. Sell the club to someone who is willing to spend, Berlu.
(06-05-2012, 02:22 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: GALLIANI: " I can't guarantee that all our stars will still be with us next season."
Hopefully he means SEEDORF,otherwise I really hope Galliani has a budget to supply us with some weed otherwise this summer is going to nerve-wrecking and long
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
I was hoping he meant Bonera, Taiwo, Mesbah and Mexes, hahahaha. I thought Slowdorf is gone for sure.
I am still sticking by my theory that Berlu does not trust Galli in terms of getting players and handing out contracts. That's why, he is not spending.