Summer mercato 2012
From some games I watched merkel,I'm not convinced that he will be great some day. his skill set is not very advanced,he is not gattussoique body-type,he doesn't have 3 lungs like nocerino.what impress me is his mental and technical maturity.I would only say he can be very solid,his potential lies with how he can improve his skill.a natural similar player comes to my mind is albertini.
May god with chinese footbball
(05-23-2012, 06:45 PM)Stitch Wrote: 3. I wish people would stop calling midfielders regista, trequartista, anchorista, schmelinsta, and all other "-ista"'s, and refer to them as CM DM LM RM AM and so on Big Grin

I think it benefits us at times to use these terms, because they give a better meaning of a position people are referring to than CM, DM, AM etc. For example, when speaking of a regista, it's clear we are referring to someone who can direct our game (usually in front of the defence nowerdays) rather than just a solid player who plays at DM.

(05-23-2012, 10:07 PM)Gio-mania Wrote: Regista is playmaker (regista in cinema is the director). A regista can theoretically play anywhere on the field. In classic Italian the regista is the #10, before numbers lost their meaning.

Trequartista means someone who plays at three fourths of the pitch, so basically an attacking midfielder. Technically a player can be both a trequartista and a regista, like Totti. Actually this is often the case, the Pirlo-type player is a relatively new concept.

For the record other terms which might pop-up are:
- Mediano: defensive midfielder, destroyer. Think Rino. (Back in the day #4)
- Mezzala: LCM or RCM. (#8)

Anchorista, Schmelinsta aren't Italian terms. The former though seems like a DM anchor. Van Bommel.

Great post, thanks for the explanations, given as an Italian you will have a better grasp of the terms than most here.

(05-23-2012, 10:40 PM)Stitch Wrote: Actualy, I made up the last two Big Grin Thank you for clarifying this Smile
http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/brazil/2...ery-report

I don't want Pato2 at Milan...

I was just about to post about that. A shame, as I've been one of the biggest advocates of Ganso over the years (and so far this summer), but this is now his third knee surgery.

Maybe Brasileiro can give more information regarding why he needs another surgery.

(05-24-2012, 03:19 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: We have to accept the fact that Merkel isn't that good. I'm worried that we are desperately looking for a successful youth product that every youngster from our own ranks is suddenly being regarded as a wonderkid. Like when everyone here compares Paloschi with Balotelli... Merkel is not Thiago Alcantara, Nuri Sahin, Aaron Ramsey or Guti; heck he's not even Marchisio.

As a club we need to rely more on youth products now, hence fans/the club often seeming desperate to get youth into the squad.

Regarding Merkel, he might not be as established as the players you mentioned (note most of them are quite a bit older), but he has been extremely solid for us last season and was generally excellent for Genoa this season. More importantly, he's highly valued for his tactical and mental strength, as Allegri said to senior players to let him play as he wants last season due to his understanding of the game, while Capello was raving on about him being one of the most exciting prospects in football.

Often our relationship with Genoa has been said to be them doing favours for us, which I don't think is necessarily true, as a lot of our transfers with them work in their favour too and I think this is one where Genoa have only let us get a target we want (El Sha) for a player who isn't much less valued (Merkel). However, I wouldn't be surprised if we have some sort of clause regarding this, such as we get first option to buy him back in the future (I think Balotelli has a similar clause with Inter).
From everything I've heard about him, Sahin is a brilliant regista, or deep-lying playmaker, he's Pirlo-type player, and reminds a lot on him.

That said I don't know if he's the right player for us. Real paid 19M for him, and he will not come under 15M. With a Pirlo-like player, we would need to play two strong and fast midfielders at mezzala positions, so we would need AM with vision too, and Montolivo would become a surplus.

I think it's only possible if Galliani could get him on loan.

Real pay only 10 mil for him
Daniele de Rossi in red & black Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSJmMc1cvac RINO GATTUSO ENERGY
Looks like Gabriel, Cruzeiro Goalkeeper s in the bag!
http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/no...-anos.html
It says that he has already done he medicals and everything should be finalized today.
I think it's a great addition, even though I haven't watched him it seems he's a promising player and he's only 20 years old, good to see additions for the future.

It seems like Ganso will go under the knife. He will be removing some residues on his right knee ligaments which he already operated when he was 17. He will be out for 30 days and he's expected to play the Olympics and Libertadores final if Santos reach it, however he will play tonight against Velez Sarsfield for the Quarter finals.
I don't know but I don't really look at this as an injury, it is a consequence of his numerous injuries but it's a precautionary surgery so he can play with no problems in the Olympics and the end of the Libertadores.
I think Genoa is getting the upper hand on Milan in terms of transfer. I mean, who else will pay 6.5mil for Papa and then sell him back Genoa for 3mil a yr later. As good as SES is, he is way over value at 20mil. Genoa also made a profit about 10mil for inflating Borriello goals tally in a season. True that Milan got Boateng from them, but I am sure right from the start Boateng was suppose to play in Milan.
Galliani has presented Gabriel as a new signing. Welcome to him.
Some news today:

* First off, President of Real Madrid, Florentino Perez, is obviously distraught over the death of his wife, and is now considering leaving the Post @ Real Madrid.
* Mathieu Flamini has rejected AC Milan, probably out of embarassment he was offered 3M less than previous contract.
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=81266
* According to Milannews.it, Milan have officially made an offer for Nuri Sahin, for a Loan with Option to Buy for a fixed amount.
* Galliani said "Ogbonna is a player with characteristics we like, but we already have 4 LB's"

Not sure what the 4 LB's comment was about. If we keep Taiwo and Mesbah, well then B&G have officially lost it.
(05-24-2012, 12:11 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Galliani has presented Gabriel as a new signing. Welcome to him.

Yes, he's a NON-EU. So 1 down, 1 to go. And remember, last year we only used 1 (Taiwo). This is, in my opinion, a real waste of the NON-EU. Looks like 2 years in a row Galliani is going to screw this up.
Is he definitely non-eu, I could've sworn I read he wouldn't take up a non-eu spot.
(05-24-2012, 02:13 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Is he definitely non-eu, I could've sworn I read he wouldn't take up a non-eu spot.

Ore 12.45 - Ancora Adriano Galliani su Gabriel: “Ha solo 20 anni è un extracomunitario. Per quanto riguarda Carmona penso che sia lui uno dei ragazzi che si aggregheranno in prima squadra. Il nostro obiettivo è quello di preparare dei giovani per poi tenerli in squadra o venderli in serie A. Col fatto che ci sono gli Europei inizieremo il raduno con 7-8 primavera”.