Summer mercato 2012
(05-22-2012, 03:05 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I would rather have a Robinho-Hernanes swap or Robinho-Dede swap or Robinho-Torres swap.

I would stay away from Torres. An injury-prone Spaniard who isn't trusted by his Italian coach (Di Matteo) probably doesn't sound too good an option. Big Grin

I would welcome Hernanes and Dede with open arms. Actually, if we bought those two for the entire summer, I would be very happy. I won't care about LB. Devilol
aka xudong
(05-22-2012, 12:07 PM)Revolver Wrote: http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusiv...o-ac-milan

What do you guys think about this? If possible, it'd be amazing, imho. Sneijder is a PERFECT fit for trequartista role in Milan: he has movement, he's not lazy to come back, brilliant vision... Imagine, Montolivo regista, Boateng and Nocerino/Strootman on the sides and Sneijder trequartista. Wow.

That would solve multiple problems: Montolivo could play regista without problems because he'd have two runners on his sides, and Sneijder's vision would mean that we could play a REAL striker beside Ibrahimovic, say Pato, or even consider playing another 'static' striker like Dzeko.

I was a big fan of Sneijder at Ajax (always rated him higher than Van Der Vaart), though stopped following him at Real. At Inter he became the player I had hoped he would be and in that regard, if he does sign it would have massive benefits for us (I can see us using him slightly deeper like Holland, with the shuttlers overlapping).

I'm not a huge fan of his attitude though and I really don't think this transfer will happen anyway, unless Inter go nuts.

(05-22-2012, 01:40 PM)Revolver Wrote: Man, do you really and honestly think that Mascherano is a better defender than Mexes?

I myself don't think Mexes is great, his big mistake was a start of our CL exit this year, and if it wasn't for his mistake Barca would hardly scored, as in first game (when Mexes was GREAT imo), but tell me the name of a player we can get for 10-15 M that's better than him?

Mexes is not great defender, but his very good imo, except that big mistake against Barca, he's been very good. I didn't forget his mistake against Fiorentina but it could happen to anyone, T. Silva made more awful mistake against Arsenal.

Not to say Mascherano is a better defender overall than Mexes, but he has some qualities which are certainly more beneficial. His reading of the game is better and especially his passing is excellent. In a similar way that we rely on Thiago Silva to pass the ball and start attacking moves in our system, Barca often go to Mascherano who can really pick some great passes from deep (Pique's not half bad in this regard either).
I'm surprised we haven't gone for Chivu for the LB position, he's 31 and free everything that Galliani desires Big Grin
(05-22-2012, 01:40 PM)Revolver Wrote: Man, do you really and honestly think that Mascherano is a better defender than Mexes?

I myself don't think Mexes is great, his big mistake was a start of our CL exit this year, and if it wasn't for his mistake Barca would hardly scored, as in first game (when Mexes was GREAT imo), but tell me the name of a player we can get for 10-15 M that's better than him?

Mexes is not great defender, but his very good imo, except that big mistake against Barca, he's been very good. I didn't forget his mistake against Fiorentina but it could happen to anyone, T. Silva made more awful mistake against Arsenal.

i never say mascherano is a better defender than mexes
sorry bout mexes, but i never like him since his auxerre time
imo acerbi, astori is the same or even better than mexes, so in away i already answer your question with my standard of course

(05-22-2012, 05:39 PM)Acmir Wrote: I'm surprised we haven't gone for Chivu for the LB position, he's 31 and free everything that Galliani desires Big Grin

Please don't tempt the fate Big Grin
per l'amaro e il dolce
(05-22-2012, 07:36 PM)Nalx Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 05:39 PM)Acmir Wrote: I'm surprised we haven't gone for Chivu for the LB position, he's 31 and free everything that Galliani desires Big Grin

Please don't tempt the fate Big Grin

Exactly, don't try to put ideas into Galliani's mind. He probably reads here. Big Grin

(05-22-2012, 05:33 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I was a big fan of Sneijder at Ajax (always rated him higher than Van Der Vaart), though stopped following him at Real. At Inter he became the player I had hoped he would be and in that regard, if he does sign it would have massive benefits for us (I can see us using him slightly deeper like Holland, with the shuttlers overlapping).

I'm not a huge fan of his attitude though and I really don't think this transfer will happen anyway, unless Inter go nuts.

I agree. I don't appreciate Sneijder's attitude either; also, the entire rumor seems to be motivated by one simple fact that he and Boateng are good friends. It should be pure media speculation.
aka xudong
Sneijder would be okay, although I don't think its a possibility imho.

Strootman is probably going to be our top signing this mercato, and i mean signing with out any strings attatched like a swap or sale of ibra/silva/robinho..

Does anyone have our numbers with all our departures? I mean how many players we have? Allegri said our squad will be of 25-26 players for next season..

If we get strootman,tevez and defender or two i think we'll be at 25-26 correct me if im wrong
Bad news guys. Strootman's agent just said he's not going anywhere until AFTER the Euro's. This means if he plays poorly, Galliani will not buy him (excuses), and if he plays well other clubs will bid his price up and Galliani will not buy him. Waiting until After an International Summer Competition is always bad for teams IMO, esp broke ones.

Link: http://www.calciomercato.com/mercato...europei-998295

I also read an article saying just how bad it is in Italy at the moment. I know everyone hates when I talk political/economic, but for most of the world this is a Depression, and in Italy unemployment is sky-rocketing. The 500M Euro fine last summer combined with the 67M Euro loss this season is not going to help our spending. Yes, we're cutting our wage bill but I think we'll try for a Robinho-Ganso swap, Acerbi & Ogbonna and that's it. We're pushing hard for Flamini to sign with us and he will fight it out with Nocerino, Muntari, and Montolivo for 3 Spots in Midfield. If Ganso comes, Boateng will play in Midfield.

There's also an article about Pato being a new arm to our attack, and it will be on Gazzetta's front page tomorrow morning. It seems he won't be sold because of Barbara so expect loans and bosman transfers. If we can get Ganso, Kolarov, Acerbi and Strootman all on loans we'll be lucky. Berlusconi doesn't even have 10M to spend on 1 player while even mid table teams spend 10-15M per Mercato.
That's how bad Berlu is, he talks a big game about Milan being a top 5 teams in Europe and spend like a relegation side. I really don't know why he does not sell part of the club to raise funds.
(05-23-2012, 03:01 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: That's how bad Berlu is, he talks a big game about Milan being a top 5 teams in Europe and spend like a relegation side. I really don't know why he does not sell part of the club to raise funds.
Wasn't he in discussions with someone about that?

I LOVE MILAN