Summer mercato 2012
Wonder how Merda's scout is aware of & interested in Lucas (SaoPaolo), while ours are not.DodgyAngry
(05-17-2012, 06:14 AM)edysim Wrote: Wonder how Merda's scout is aware of & interested in Lucas (SaoPaolo), while ours are not.DodgyAngry

Believe me they are aware. The problem is the money. Brasileiro mentioned in another thread that Sao Paolo are very hard to deal with when it comes to selling players. Plus we screwed up with them when we got Kaka for peanuts in 2004 and we bragged about it around the world.

The other thing is that we are not linking with pure AM because simple Allegri does not see them in his set up. He looks for players with other characteristics.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
I choose Mexes over Dede or unknown name for CB. Mexes is proven in Europe especially in Serie A. Judging the quality of players based only on 2 games is a mistake IMO. It is like calling Silva very bad CB when he made stupid mistake against Arsenal.

I don't know why so many people want Abate out of the field. He was very solid last year. This season he was worse but not as bad as many fans rate him. How could an Abate is bad at defending? He is a solid defender but his problem is that he is not good when it comes to offensive ability. I will keep him with a note that we use a better fullback offensively on the left side and warn him that De Sciglio will start over him if he can't regain his last season form.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Agree with everything that Kastriot said.

Mexes is very good. Sometimes prone to mistakes, and slow in one on ones, but let's be honest, we can't bring in better defender for under 15M.
Abate, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he was much better in 2010/2011. Although, I don't think he's THAT bad crosser, it's more that we don't have a real poacher anymore to get on the end of his crosses, except of Pato, who's always injured. I'd agree that we should try more defensive minded side back at that position.

On the transfer market, Zamparini has said that we will not buy Silvestre because we are bringing just out of contract players. Very painful. Owners of mid-table clubs are making fun of our management.
Regarding Abate: I don't think people want him gone, especially seeing that it'll be very difficult to get a quality replacement. There are a lot more problems that have to be addressed. However, I DO believe that he's a painfully average player. Like someone said earlier, he's a sprinter who plays RB for us. All he can do is run really quickly. His crossing is poor and at best yield corner kicks. He's thrown away multiple derbies for us with his amateur defending. He's not the first on my list of players to go..but we can definitely do better than Abate at RB.
Siamo a posto cosi.
(05-17-2012, 01:19 PM)Revolver Wrote: Agree with everything that Kastriot said.

Mexes is very good. Sometimes prone to mistakes, and slow in one on ones, but let's be honest, we can't bring in better defender for under 15M.
Abate, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he was much better in 2010/2011. Although, I don't think he's THAT bad crosser, it's more that we don't have a real poacher anymore to get on the end of his crosses, except of Pato, who's always injured. I'd agree that we should try more defensive minded side back at that position.

On the transfer market, Zamparini has said that we will not buy Silvestre because we are bringing just out of contract players. Very painful. Owners of mid-table clubs are making fun of our management.

Mexes is difficult to judge, he's a sound player if supported by the correct players and not expected to take on too much responsibility, but we cannot and should not ignore he is mistake prone, particularly with his positioning. His mental strength and ability to cope under pressure is impressive though.

I don't think he'll be sold this summer, as I just don't think the club would risk selling him when we already lost Nesta. However, I don't see him as more than a squad player and we still need a long term replacement for Nesta.

Regarding Abate, I'm not sure why there's so much debate over him. We've known for 3 years what he's like and if I'm honest, with the exceptions of derbies I think he's really solid at RB and the stats back this up. There appears to be some psychological issues in derbies though.

Going forward he's less than spectacular, but he's valuable as he's solid on the ball (doesn't lose possession easily) and is one of the few players in our side that has the pace to take on opponents to reach the end of the pitch. His dribbling isn't particularly great, but he's very direct and this works with how Allegri wants to play. He needs work in his end product, which is lacking. Statistically, I also remember reading he's one of the best fullback performers in Serie A this season.

We have bigger concerns than Abate.
(05-17-2012, 06:37 AM)Kastriot Wrote:
(05-17-2012, 06:14 AM)edysim Wrote: Wonder how Merda's scout is aware of & interested in Lucas (SaoPaolo), while ours are not.DodgyAngry

Believe me they are aware. The problem is the money. Brasileiro mentioned in another thread that Sao Paolo are very hard to deal with when it comes to selling players. Plus we screwed up with them when we got Kaka for peanuts in 2004 and we bragged about it around the world.

The other thing is that we are not linking with pure AM because simple Allegri does not see them in his set up. He looks for players with other characteristics.
Right as usual, my friend...

As I mentioned in another thread, Sao Paulo are hard to deal, but imo Lucas is worth every penny/effort. Shame(as you point out) Berlusca did that banana´s commentary back in the day. But there nothing a

Regarding Allegri and AMD´s, thats one of my biggest complain against his work. I really like Robinho and Boateng(made me look dumb with its play! lol), but not as AMD. We need a real AMD there to turn Milan a first level team like in the near past.
I don´t understand... Boateng, with his athleticism and skills, can be a world class RMD, but as AMD his ceiling is clearly short imo.

Oh, and just to finish this long post, and spread some information on the subject, Andre Villas Boas told yesterday in Brazil that he bid for Lucas as coach of Chelsea. There also a rumor in Brazil Inter gave a bid worth of 30M... and Sao Paulo rejected.

By the way, Lucas has the work rate to make any catenaccio(sp?) coach fell in love with him, rare for an AMD. Just saying...
Ajax captain Jan Vertonghen interested in move to Milan?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/201...vertonghen
Owen is a free agent now. Also he is over 30 and very injury prone, so it is a match made in heaven.
(05-17-2012, 02:24 PM)Mystik Wrote: Regarding Abate: I don't think people want him gone, especially seeing that it'll be very difficult to get a quality replacement. There are a lot more problems that have to be addressed. However, I DO believe that he's a painfully average player. Like someone said earlier, he's a sprinter who plays RB for us. All he can do is run really quickly. His crossing is poor and at best yield corner kicks. He's thrown away multiple derbies for us with his amateur defending. He's not the first on my list of players to go..but we can definitely do better than Abate at RB.

Actually I do want him gone. And it's very easy to replace. We can sell Abate to any English team for 7-10M Euros. Gregory Van der Weil is available for 5-7M. Get him before the Euros at a discount.
Abate has NEVER scored, he can't cross, and he cost us not 1, but 2 Derby's. Oh, and Bonera did a better job against Barcelona.

We don't have to choose a RB over midfield, it's a straight swap, and perhaps we'll make money on the deal. As for the rest of the squad, don't expect too much more. Maybe Robinho will go and Tevez will come, but that's it.