Summer mercato 2012
What a finish indeed for Manchester City, that was better than Hollywood. New Champions in Italy, Spain and England, Borussia Dortmund are the only team that held on to their crown for a second consecutive year.
Galliani is still trying to convince some of the old guards to stay. This is an attitude I dont agree with, if a veteran such as Nesta can still perform then by all means, let's try and keep that player. But don't try to convince people to stay when they are way over the hill, way past their primes just to keep the past alive. Zambro, Gattuso, Seedorf, Pippo are done, they had their time, it was great, won plenty of trophies but time has caught up with them. Time to move on Galliani, face the present. How is it logical to try and keep Gattuso, Zambrota, Pippo while at the same time you sell players like Kaka and almost pato?
(05-13-2012, 05:55 PM)tom-tom Wrote: What a finish indeed for Manchester City, that was better than Hollywood. New Champions in Italy, Spain and England, Borussia Dortmund are the only team that held on to their crown for a second consecutive year.

I wouldn't bring this into notice for lack of logical substance, but..........

....... has anyone noticed that none of the teams winning their leagues actually wear red on their home jerseys?

Spain: 1st Madrid (White), 2nd Barcelona (Purple and Blue)
England: 1st City (Blue), 2nd United (Red)
Italy: 1st Juventus (White,Black), 2nd Milan (Red, Black)
Germany: 1st Dortmund (Yellow,Black), 2nd Munich (Red,White)

Red seems to be a losing color this season.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(05-13-2012, 06:36 PM)Ryo Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 05:55 PM)tom-tom Wrote: What a finish indeed for Manchester City, that was better than Hollywood. New Champions in Italy, Spain and England, Borussia Dortmund are the only team that held on to their crown for a second consecutive year.

I wouldn't bring this into notice for lack of logical substance, but..........

....... has anyone noticed that none of the teams winning their leagues actually wear red on their home jerseys?

Spain: 1st Madrid (White), 2nd Barcelona (Purple and Blue)
England: 1st City (Blue), 2nd United (Red)
Italy: 1st Juventus (White,Black), 2nd Milan (Red, Black)
Germany: 1st Dortmund (Yellow,Black), 2nd Munich (Red,White)

Red seems to be a losing color this season.

hehe, if Bayern loses the Champions League then you might be on to something logical there
(05-13-2012, 06:43 PM)tom-tom Wrote: hehe, if Bayern loses the Champions League then you might be on to something logical there

If Bayern lost the CL final, they would have repeated something that Bayer Leverkusen did exactly ten years and nobody ever wished to repeat.
aka xudong
dzeko pls
with an open arms
kolarov is an ok option to for lb

if we sell binho pato
we have only ibra ses at front so why not tevez and dzeko Big Grin
Seedorf might stay for another year? hope not

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=80416

(05-13-2012, 07:58 PM)tom-tom Wrote: Seedorf might stay for another year? hope not

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=80416

I saw that too. I would be upset. Gabriel would be pissed. Big Grin
aka xudong
Galliani is still trying to convince some of the old guards to stay. This is an attitude I dont agree with, if a veteran such as Nesta can still perform then by all means, let's try and keep that player. But don't try to convince people to stay when they are way over the hill, way past their primes just to keep the past alive. Zambro, Gattuso, Seedorf, Pippo are done, they had their time, it was great, won plenty of trophies but time has caught up with them. Time to move on Galliani, face the present. How is it logical to try and keep Gattuso, Zambrota, Pippo while at the same time you sell players like Kaka and almost pato?

I'll tell you why. Because you can't lose one third(?) of the 1st team players in one go without it having some (negative) impact on the club/team. Who says Seedorf's gonna play more than...what, 5-10 games perhaps? Seedorf and Ambrosini can act as role models for younger players and so on.

AC Milan, forever in our hearts!
Lazio vs Inter playing now... Neither Hernanes nor Sneijder are playing, not even on the bench. A good sign for us?
(05-13-2012, 08:33 PM)arcticengineer Wrote: I'll tell you why. Because you can't lose one third(?) of the 1st team players in one go without it having some (negative) impact on the club/team. Who says Seedorf's gonna play more than...what, 5-10 games perhaps? Seedorf and Ambrosini can act as role models for younger players and so on.

You have a good point. We probalby can't, but we now have to. It is Galliani's own fault anyway. He kept renewing the old players' contracts year after year, until finally it has come to a point that they are absolutely non-renewable. The only sensible thing to do now is a shock therapy, that is to let go as many deadwood as possible, and face the music. At least it will impact only one summer, instead of letting it dragging for too long.
(05-13-2012, 09:06 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Lazio vs Inter playing now... Neither Hernanes nor Sneijder are playing, not even on the bench. A good sign for us?

I don't know how to interpret that. Sagrin However, Guarin (the Merda's new player) is really impressive though. I actually won't mind having him on our team, but I know I should forget about it.
aka xudong