Summer mercato 2012
(05-09-2012, 04:05 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Great stuff, ElMago, thanks.

No hate toward Lotito, as he has every right to hold onto Hernanes. Also, I think 25mil for him is a good askign price, as we all know asking price means little, 18mil is a fair deal for him.

Can't believe Merkel is heading back, and Milan is going to renew Ambro, Yepes, Flamini and MVB. What's wrong with that picture.

As for Gattuso, I really hope Anzhi comes in with a good offer and we all bid farewell to him.

Come on Galli, have some balls and say goodbye to all the old guards along with Mexes, Robinho, Pato and Bonera but Nesta stays and sign players like Hernanes, Dede, Ogbonna, Honda and Tevez or Van Persie.

Yepes' re-signing depends on Nesta. If Nesta goes, Yepes stays. Unfortunately, I'm reading all negative reports saying Nesta is as good as gone. He wants to go to USA (Red Bull or Galaxy) with Zambrotta and Del Piero. I guess they want to play together.

For Gattuso, he's out of contract, so Anzhi will get him on Bosman if they want him.

Regarding Flamini & MvB, they both may end up going believe it or not. Not because Milan doesn't want to re-sign them, but because they want to leave. Flamini wants to play, and MvB wants to go back to his country. Merkel leaving is disappointing.

Looks like next year 2 of (TS, Mexes, Acerbi, Ogbonna) will be our CB pairing. If Ogbonna impresses at CB, we will bring back Didac Vila to battle with Urby for LB. If Ogbonna becomes LB, then Vila stays in Espanyol. And lastly, no links to Tevez whatsoever, unfortunately. Pato will stay.
My point is more toward why MGT wants to renew the mentioned players and send Merkel to Genoa. While Merkel is no one of two offensive Mids in Milan at the moment.

(05-09-2012, 02:14 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: According to GDS, Milan plans to use De Sciglio as starting RB next year.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Merkel will go back to Genoa, Maxi Lopez to Catania, and Aquilani to Liverpool. As for Strasser, he's already been told he will go to Torino for Ogbonna (He's not too happy).

Also, Milan are very close to Donnarumma for 3rd GK and Roma will stay on as GK Coach.

RUMOR: Tognaccini, Athletic Fitness Coach, would be considered as the one to be blamed for the injuries, so he would be sacked when the season ends. Allegri has offered a new Athletic coach for next year (From Cagliari).

According to SkySports Italia, Mesbah will go to either Siena or Atalanta and will be gone the first few days of the Transfer Window in June.

Great post overall, though I've only quoted the bits that I want to respond to. About Flamini, I read somewhere he rejected the 1.75m offer earlier, but can't remember the source.

Not sure if De Sciglio is ready as a starter at RB and despite his derby mistakes, Abate's not been bad there. However, it will be nice to see De Sciglio play a bigger role in the squad next season.

Merkel going back to Genoa would be a bad move as he's useful. However, I wouldn't be surprised as we probably intend to keep El Shaarawy.

Maxi back to Catania is fine if they expect 8.5m. If he can be kept at low cost, then he's a useful squad player.

Strasser for Ogbonna is something I read recently. I'm not sure it would be full ownership for him though, I think it mentioned co-ownership on the article I read. Verdi and Oduamadi (both already at Torino) were also mentioned.

Donnarumma for Roma seems an odd move, as he's apparently got potential. Having him sitting on our bench seems a waste.

Tognaccini being sacked is another rumour I read recently, with Allegri putting Simone Velotti's (his fitness coach at Cagliari) name forward as a replacement. Something must be done about injuries, and I think this will be one of many steps.

Mesbah leaving seems inevitable. He's just not good enough for us (he's a midtable player at most) and his performances in CL resulted in us literally being a laughing stock in Europe.
Why is Merkel going back to Genoa? Is this Club going to be rejuvenated or not!?!?!

Flamini has rejected deal (Thank GOD) and will go to Marseille. He's terrible and runs like a headless chicken.

Sad about Nesta, and I also read Robinho is close to moving to Santos. I just don't see the necessary improevments being made as Berlusconi has been cheap for many years now, nothing will change.
Milan's squad of 33 players is not only hurting the finances with so much unnecessary costs but could also be increasing the fitness problems as was explained in an article I read on milannews.it where they said that it is harder for the fitness staff to have personalized programs for every member of the squad when they have so many.

I think we all agree that even with the current squad (no reinforcements) we could have still won the Scudetto this year if it were not for the ridiculous amount of injuries.

I'm sure that there will be changes in the fitness coaches / medical staff and given the above, we all agree that the 1st team squad should be downsized and when needed, we should rely on the primavera.

So a squad of 25 to 27 players is more than enough.

As for the new signings, we also all know we need more quality in the squad, but probably as important, we need to motivate the players by exciting them and making them look forward to playing with new good players. We all could see the motivation there was even in the older guard after the 2010 summer mercato when players like Ibra, Robinho, Boateng ....joined or even after the winter signings of Cassano & Van Bommel. I mean after signings like those, we were so pumped so you can imagine how the players would feel.

After the 2011 summer mercato, we were all disappointed & disgusted and again you could imagine how the players would feel...they will never vent their feelings the way we do here but they are Milan fans afterall and obviously more involved than us, so I'm sure that whatever we are feeling, they are feeling it double...

So if we are happy & motivated then be sure the players are happy & motivated and vice versa
I think I will miss Nesta, the icon, more than Nesta the Milan CB over the past year. Now all Galli needs to do is release Yepes, sell Bonera and Mexes and replace them with Dede, Astori and Ogbonna.

I think Galli should just recall Dilac and let him, Antonini, Abate and De Scigilo as FBs. I know some of you might not agree but I rate Abate as a top 10 RB in the world. While De Scigilo shows that he could play at LB. Dilac is not too bad too from the games I seen him this year, lastly, you got Antonini who is a solid player.

Merkel must stay ifs Milan in order to improve his game. Also with the apparent signing of Troare and Monty, Muntari extending his stay, really don't see the reason why Galli wants to keep Gattuso and Ambro.
(05-09-2012, 04:30 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I think I will miss Nesta, the icon, more than Nesta the Milan CB over the past year. Now all Galli needs to do is release Yepes, sell Bonera and Mexes and replace them with Dede, Astori and Ogbonna.

I think Galli should just recall Dilac and let him, Antonini, Abate and De Scigilo as FBs. I know some of you might not agree but I rate Abate as a top 10 RB in the world. While De Scigilo shows that he could play at LB. Dilac is not too bad too from the games I seen him this year, lastly, you got Antonini who is a solid player.

Merkel must stay ifs Milan in order to improve his game. Also with the apparent signing of Troare and Monty, Muntari extending his stay, really don't see the reason why Galli wants to keep Gattuso and Ambro.

DevilolDevilolDevilolDevilol Lost some respect for you there. He's very bad. Very very bad. He cost us 2 games (Only derby's don't worry), and he's NEVER scored a goal for Milan. He sends in countless crosses per game but has like 1 Assist all season. He can't cross, he can't defend, he can't shoot, what the hell can he do besides be blonde and pale skinned?Huh
(05-09-2012, 02:43 PM)Nalx Wrote: Great summary Elmago, really appreciate it.

Does anybody here watch Ogbonna regularly? Is he good enough to be considered as a starter? I know that he's been called up to Italy NT eventhough he plays in serie B, but so was Maccarone in the past and he's far from good IMO.

tbh I haven't seen him play regularly. i just saw him during an Italy match (forgot which one it was) & he really impressed me at playing LB and being useful going forward and very solid at the back.

It's been a while since we've had a good defender who could play as full back & CB at the same time as this is very useful (Maldini, Stam, Kala (good days)...)

All we have right now is Bonera who could "play" any role in defense.....yeah right Confused
[Image: 62309351.png]

Nesta will be giving an interview tomorrow at Milan Channel (14:00 Italy Time) He could reportedly talk about his decision to stay or leave.

Il vicedirettore della Gazzetta dello Sport, Gianni Valenti, ha parlato a SkySport24 del mercato del Milan: "Galliani è bravo con i parametri zero, il primo giocatore che arriverà sarà Montolivo. ma non dobbiamo aspettiamo tanti colpi ma forse qualche colpo importante. Sicuramente un attaccante arriverà anche perché Inzaghi smette, Maxi Lopez potrebbe non essere riscattato, penso che una spalla solida ad Ibra possa arrivare.

Sky Italia suggests that Mark Van Bommel will sign for PSV and that Nesta will retire or announce going to New York Red Bulls
Pato on loan at Corinthians....not a bad idea as far as I am concerned, especially if we can get him back by Jan....could actually be a great idea!

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?ac...tmw=351173

http://www.calciomercato.com/mercato/mil...ito-999638