Summer mercato 2012
(05-03-2012, 08:19 PM)Stitch Wrote: who is that Traore anyway? not a young talent certainly, and i've never heard of him. another cardaccio / viudez type of signing?

27 year old Mali international playing with Nancy.
I'm hoping he's a late bloomer , like Drogba was 27 when went to Chelsea.Physically very strong and fast ish...its a hope play again by MGT , hope he's good play him to see.

I also feel relieved Im the same age as him , after looking at some you guy's plights DevilolDevilolDevilol
(05-04-2012, 01:23 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 08:19 PM)Stitch Wrote: who is that Traore anyway? not a young talent certainly, and i've never heard of him. another cardaccio / viudez type of signing?

27 year old Mali international playing with Nancy.
I'm hoping he's a late bloomer , like Drogba was 27 when went to Chelsea.Physically very strong and fast ish...its a hope play again by MGT , hope he's good play him to see.

I also feel relieved Im the same age as him , after looking at some you guy's plights DevilolDevilolDevilol

what plights? we are like wine, the older we are, the better we get. right, Reza? SagrinGrinundwech
aka xudong
You know what they say...old but wiser

Not true in my case
(05-04-2012, 03:15 AM)reza Wrote: You know what they say...old but wiser

Not true in my case

Come on, Reza, have some faith in yourself

and me
Big Grin Grinundwech

aka xudong
Thank you. I feel relieved now Grinundwech
Especially if u r a Milan fan. Age won't matter.
lol age is just a number .... ohhhhhh lol haha
I found an article which was an interesting read about our finances. It breaks them down pretty well. Also gives us ideas as to how we might approach the mercato this summer.

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2012/05/04/...ial-state/?

(05-03-2012, 08:32 PM)Stitch Wrote: i just realized i called a player who is 4 years younger than me "not young" Inter5ow

wait what? I'm sure it's you that I replied to about the kit yesterday assuming you were probably quite young (teens/early 20s at most). Not sure why I thought you were younger, I think it's either your avatar or that we only really started wearing thick stripes from the mid to late 90s that made me think of this. Anyway, age in football (and in sports in general) is very different to age in real life.

(05-03-2012, 06:18 PM)ElMago99 Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 04:59 PM)Rossoneri 44 Wrote: To be honest Milan need to make quite a few changes if they want to have a chance of being competitive in the UCL and Seria (Juve will only improve and Inter, Napoli and Roma will get stronger)

GK- Abbiati, Amelia, Roma

Abbiati is a decent keeper, but not world class or UCL material by any chance. Neuer, Casillas, Valdes are much better. Milan, given their limited budget need to save money in this department. I would have signed Weisse, but from what I see he is gone now. Look how good Van der sar was for Man UTD.
Adler

I almost had to stop reading after you said Valdes is better than Abbiati Devilol
He's God-Awful.

I feel the same way. Big Grin Although I haven't almost stopped, I have stopped there. Big Grin

I really don't understand why Valdes is rated so high. Yes, his reflexes are great, but that's about it. His decision making is HORRIBLE, his positioning is average, his handling is questionable at times (being able to drop easy balls).

For example, look at the goals R. Madrid scored against Barca in last El-Classico: First goal, it was AWFUL decision making by Valdes that led to a goal, he went for the ball, and then suddenly he changed his mind and went back to the line; For the second goal, it was positioning thing, he wasn't the one to blame, but he neither ran out or stay on the line, and more he didn't close the near post properly.

I think the main reason Valdes is rated so high is that Casillas has dropped in form drastically in the later years, Valdes is not so far away from him anymore, and because Casillas is HELL overrated for what he displays in the last 3 or 4 years, then Valdes is rated high too.

Anyway, Abbiati is not great keeper, but he's better than Valdes. If we need keeper, then we should go for Handanovic of Udinese, he's by far the most underrated keeper right now, he's only 27, and really one of the world's best at the moment.
(05-03-2012, 12:21 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Just to recommend a site to all of you, I decided to check out a really interesting site my brother pointed me to. It's called whoscored (www.whoscored.com) and has some really interesting stats and articles based on the stats.

Here are two articles related to our beloved side:

http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/zbn559orx0...s-per-Game

http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/uodwerfqyu...-to-Goals)

Wow! Great site!
Thanks for sharing!!Okmilan