Summer mercato 2012
(05-02-2012, 09:49 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:
(05-01-2012, 05:45 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: I think Silva will leave next summer.

What makes you think this?
It is more of a feeling:

http://www.notevenanoriundo.com/2011/10/...stion.html

I think Galliani has been pretty firm about keeping him here this season. Next year though it may all be different. I think by next summer T. Silva may want a change of scenery. He will be 29 by then also.

t.silva had better not leave milan, i just bought a jersey this season of him, if he leaves ill be so disappointed.. and btw our defence isnothing to blame, apart from having left back problems, its mostly our midfield thats to blame. a team that defends very well is a team that plays defensive as a unit, not just the back four. if i had to leave all the defending to our back 4 id say they do a great job. its our midfield.

we saw this in barca vs chelsea.. they play with a back 4 of puyol,pique,alves,mascherano.. those are all huge names, apart from silva,vidic,chiellini who you could argue are better then those players who realistically of those players can you actually buy? none. and when all of barcas midfield + attack had pushed up against chelsea we saw how terribly there back 4 did on their own.. point of the matter is without a well structured midfield and good tactical defending as a unit any team will look bad defensively, on paper our defence is fine, is our coaching and structure good? No. is our midfield good? hell no. so there you go..

btw from spanish reports, apparently we're highly interested in dani alves:

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=79571

if this were to come close to happening i doubt barca would go through with it unless it had something to do with silva going the other way, alves best wingback in the world for best cb in the world.. id take silva over him any day

adding to my post, seems like we've sealed signing acerbi from chievo, he was in the stands today to watch our game.. not a bad signing but nothing special as of yet. could be a good suprise, i hope
it pains to see milan play like they have played yesterday vs atalanta......

- ibra have lost the passion
- muntari is our playmaker
- robinho is still there
3 pts are 3 pts, don't complain.
(05-03-2012, 09:39 AM)k7r Wrote: it pains to see milan play like they have played yesterday vs atalanta......

- robinho is still there

Don't see the issues really. On your points:
1) Ibra goes through this sort of phase every season.
2) Muntari was never the playmaker, not sure what makes you think that
3) Robinho came on, did pretty well and scored. Don't see why you feel the need to complain

Just to recommend a site to all of you, I decided to check out a really interesting site my brother pointed me to. It's called whoscored (www.whoscored.com) and has some really interesting stats and articles based on the stats.

Here are two articles related to our beloved side:

http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/zbn559orx0...s-per-Game

http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/uodwerfqyu...-to-Goals)
(05-03-2012, 09:39 AM)k7r Wrote: it pains to see milan play like they have played yesterday vs atalanta......

- robinho is still there

the first 10 and last 10 minutes were ok. Big Grin

also,
- Ibrahimovic is tired (and yes, lazy too).
- what is wrong with Muntari scoring? would you rather nobody did?
- what is wrong with Robinho still being there? He played well, hit the bar, and more importantly, scored too. Smile
aka xudong
To be honest Milan need to make quite a few changes if they want to have a chance of being competitive in the UCL and Seria (Juve will only improve and Inter, Napoli and Roma will get stronger)

GK- Abbiati, Amelia, Roma

Abbiati is a decent keeper, but not world class or UCL material by any chance. Neuer, Casillas, Valdes are much better. Milan, given their limited budget need to save money in this department. I would have signed Weisse, but from what I see he is gone now. Look how good Van der sar was for Man UTD.
Adler,
CB- Silva, Nesta, Mexes, Bonera, Yepes

Silva is the main anchor and should be the captain of Milan next season. He is our best player. Nesta too should stay- yes he is old and worn out but his experience can help us a lot. Mexes too should stay- he has had a few bad performances but he is experienced and can play in less competitive games against lower ranked teams. Bonera has played much better this season, he is cheap salary wise and should be used as a back up CB/RB.
However, Milan will need to sign Astori or Acerbi to form a new CB partnership with Silva. This is very imp.

RB- Abate is fine but needs to work on his crosses and fitness. We cant have him injured as frequently as this season.

LB- Perriera from Porto/ Criscito / Armero. I dont think Milan can afford Perriera or Criscito but a portion of out transfer budget for summer 2012 should address this problem.

LM- Montolivo is a safe bet, considering he is free but he must be moulded and converted into the deep lying playmaking class that Pirlo got us.

CDM- Diarra/Keita Keita would be free and reliable given his experience in UCL. Diarra too would be very good but expensive. Traore can be a great backup.
Unfortunately, I hear that Ambro and Rino, both will stay- which means that we will have 4 CDMs- SUCKS

RM- Nocerino is doing a great job. The advantage of having him is that he is scoring goals- 10 this season, and that his stamina also allows him to cover the defense and run around.

CAM- This is tricky. Considering that a true CAM like Eriksen, Hernanes, etc will cost us a lot, and that Berlu will continue to be stingy and spend most of his cash on starlets, I feel that it is difficult to acquire world class talent.
Yes Boateng is great but he is not a true trequarista. Boateng just cannot give those through balls, do 1-2s etc which Kaka or Rui costa could.
In this aspect, I think it will be very interesting to use SES as a CAM. Yes he is young, but having seen him in games, I feel that he is fast, has great vision, movement and a keen eye for goal. Reminds me a bit of rui costa.

ATTACK- Ibra is great as it is. Yes he gets lazy and loses his mind sometimes, but that is how he is and he cannot be changed. The best quality about Ibra which people forget is his assists. He scores but he assists and creates goals for others- Nocerino, Boateng, Robinho,etc. much more than other forwards such as Van Persie, Higuain, etc.

Hence in this respect To partner, Ibra it is very important to have a striker who is fast and clinical infront of goal. Robinho has speed but is garbage infront of goal. players like Nilmar, Tevez, def fit the bill.

Line up- Formation-

Adler/ Weisse

Abate Astori/Acerbi Silva Perriera/Criscito

Keita/Diarra Montolivo
Nocerino

SES

Ibra
Tevez/Nilmar

Subs-

Abbiati
Antonini- (Can play LB and RB)
Nesta
Ambro
Aquilani
Boateng
Cassano

Sorry for the super long post.

Apologies for the formation set up in the earlier post.

Adler/Weisse

Abate Astori/Acerbi Silva Perriera/Criscito

Noce Keita/Diarra Monto

SES

Tevez/Nilmar Ibra

We should continue with a 4-3-1-2

But should play more varied and attacking football like Ancelloti's Milan.

With this we have a lot of attacking options-

1) Crosses from LB and RBS- Abate and Perriera/Criscito
2) Through balls, vision, etc of Monty
3) Movement, attacking flair of SES
4) Assists of Ibra and his goals
5) Goals and brilliance of a player like Nilmar/Tevez

(05-03-2012, 04:59 PM)Rossoneri 44 Wrote: To be honest Milan need to make quite a few changes if they want to have a chance of being competitive in the UCL and Seria (Juve will only improve and Inter, Napoli and Roma will get stronger)

GK- Abbiati, Amelia, Roma

Abbiati is a decent keeper, but not world class or UCL material by any chance. Neuer, Casillas, Valdes are much better. Milan, given their limited budget need to save money in this department. I would have signed Weisse, but from what I see he is gone now. Look how good Van der sar was for Man UTD.
Adler,
CB- Silva, Nesta, Mexes, Bonera, Yepes

Silva is the main anchor and should be the captain of Milan next season. He is our best player. Nesta too should stay- yes he is old and worn out but his experience can help us a lot. Mexes too should stay- he has had a few bad performances but he is experienced and can play in less competitive games against lower ranked teams. Bonera has played much better this season, he is cheap salary wise and should be used as a back up CB/RB.
However, Milan will need to sign Astori or Acerbi to form a new CB partnership with Silva. This is very imp.

I almost had to stop reading after you said Valdes is better than Abbiati Devilol
He's God-Awful.

Also, you said Rino Gattuso is a CDM? No, he's not. He can play there, but would never play there now. He's always at RCM, if you've watched Milan the past 10 years.

In Attack, Ibra is very good for Serie A where teams play Slow and deliberate. He's too slow, his reactions are not there, he doesn't pressure nor play for the team all the time, which is partially the reason he's never won UCL.

Apparently there are strong links for him to Real Madrid, but assuming he stays, he cannot be counted on to play every minute of every game. We MUST get Tevez to rotate with Ibra, Cassano, and SES. Everyone should be fresh, and Tevez should play if Ibra plays SHIT.

Yes we need more creative midfielders, but that's a topic for another post.
http://www.calciomercato.it/news/155628/...firma.html

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=79559

Linked to Bakaye Traore from Nancy, 27 year old. As long as he doesn't turn out to be like Taiwo, I don't mind.
Traore looks like a rightfoot Muntari. Both players can play CDM, but CM suits them more.