Summer mercato 2012
I am for the replacing 7-8 players at once. Inter introduced, Milito, Eto, Sneijder, Lucio, And Pandev into their starting lineup and won the treble. Now imagine Milan doing that this summer with Hummels, Hernanes, Crisito, And Van Persie into their starting lineup.
Beside, a lot of players will be gone after this season which Milan does not need to replace.

Out: Roma, Bonera, Zambro, Yepes, Taiwo, Mesbah, Dilac, Gattuso, Aqua, Slowdorf, Robinho, Pato, Lopez, MVB and Pippo. Plus everyone at Milanlab.

In: Hummels, Crisito, Hernanes, Van Persie, Monty and Santacroce. Plus Eva Canerio from Chelsea.

The lineup will be.
GK: Abbiatti, Amelia, Youth GK
RB: Abate, Santacroce
CB: Silva, Hummels, Nesta, Mexes
LB: Crisito, Antonini
DM: Ambro, Monty
RCM: Nocerino, Strausser
LCM: Boateng, Muntari
AM: Hernanes, Merkel
FW: Ibra, Van Persie, Cassano, SES

A squad of 23 players with the rest being Youth players.

That's a pretty ideal squad, but mathematically it is actually possible and here is why.

Money from transfer, Bonera(4), Taiwo(4), Dilac(4), Robinho(20) and Pato(25 with all the incentives).
That's a total of 57 mil.
Money save from salary before tax, Roma(2), Bonera(4), Zambro(6), Yepes(2), Taiwo(4), Dilac(3), Mesbah(2), Gattuso(7), Aqua(6), Slowdorf(8), Robinho(9), Pato(9), MMVB(6), Lopez(3), and Pippo(4).
That's a total of 73mil.

Milan will free up 130mil for next season.
Hummels (25+7mil wages), Criscito (15+6), Hernanes (20+7), Van Persie(35+16), Monty(0+7) Santacroce(4+3). That's a total of 99+46 wages. Which is a combine total of 145mil, that would mean, Milan will only needs to spend 15 mil this summer in order to gain a pretty ideal squad.
(04-28-2012, 04:01 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: In: Hummels, Crisito, Hernanes, Van Persie, Monty and Santacroce. Plus Eva Canerio from Chelsea.

Goodness.. Berlu has to sell Barbara to fund those names. And a certain poster here will not be happy because of that, even if Ms. Canerio comes.

About the overhaul, well, I read rumor about that every single year. And those websites usually throw "Berlu is willing to give $80 m for Milan summer mercato" for good measure. It's not gonna happen guys.
per l'amaro e il dolce
Those are all ideal signings, but beside Hummels, the others will probably switch teams this summer.
gabriel great post, you really went into detail with it and thats certainly a possible mercato great work.. if only our management thought like you though Big Grin
That's hell of a workload for management, 3 over-20 million deals in one summer,have milan ever done it in last 10 years?

And I don't like the idea that we completely lack speed at front.It's a big disadvantage in CL games.
May god with chinese footbball
I agree with speed, but I believe it has more to do with quick movement from a team defensive end to the offensive rather than the individual speed of the player.
For example, in a 30 yards dash, the difference between Ibra and Pato is probably half a second give or take. Defenders could pretty much counter that by defending/cutting with better angles or just hold the shirt a little.
Thats why the quicker you can get the ball from your defensive end to the offensive end with numbers, the higher the chances your team can create goal scoring chances. 1. You got more numbers than the other team. 2. The other team defense is not set up. 3. Mentality wise, even if the players are tired, they somehow will find energy to attack, but can't say the same about tracking back.
(04-27-2012, 03:06 PM)tom-tom Wrote: http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/201...current-ac

The original story comes from Tuttosport who are anti-Milan so the story is probably only half-truth...or all none-sense Devilol

It's probably only half true, but how unrealistic is it? I doubt Berlusconi is as furious as Tuttosport claim, but we do have to reduce the size of our squad and a LOT of players must be leaving this summer.

I also think Allegri's job might be safer than we all think, as over the years management have often showed patience with our coaches (there are reasons why this management group is the most successful in football's history), and we know from our own experiences (in the late 90's and early 2000's) as well as seeing Inter for almost 20 years that constantly changing coaches isn't a good way to bring results. Allegri may be under pressure, but this season can't be described as particularly poor even if we finish empty handed. I'm not saying Allegri's definitely safe, no one at the club appears to be talking about his position and even if he just signed a new contract, rarely does this mean solidarity, but I don't think him being sacked is set in stone as the media will have us believe.

As for the players, currently all of these are out or on the verge of leaving:

- Roma
- Nesta
- Yepes
- Zambrotta
- Taiwo
- Mesbah
- De Sciglio
- Ambrosini
- Aquilani
- Gattuso
- Flamini
- Muntari
- Merkel
- Seedorf
- Van Bommel
- Strasser
- Valoti
- Pato
- Maxi Lopez
- Inzaghi

From that list (I put youngsters in there as there's no certainty with them), I realistically see us keeping De Sciglio, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Muntari, Merkel, Strasser, Valoti, Pato (big questionmark here, but given his relationship with Barbara and Silvio, as well as his market value dropping, I think we'll keep him) and Maxi. That's less than half of that list, leaving 11 to leave out of 20.

From 33 that reduces our squad to 23 (not counting Taiwo who isn't in the squad right now). From those that are kept, there's a very good chance the youngsters will be loaned out. Let's assume we keep a couple for the squad (I doubt there's any chance we'll keep them all as some will be loaned for experience), then that still means we have 2 youngsters leaving next season. In our squad, that leaves us with 21 players.

There's also a fair chance we'll sell a couple of those players that aren't in this list and are currently in the squad. Robinho's not just a doubt, I think he's one of those most likely to leave right now. This is because not only is he a player that's sellable at a decent/fair price, but with Cassano returning (hopefully for the full season next season) and Robinho costing us badly for two years now with his misses, I think management will want someone more reliable up front. I also think Amelia, Bonera and Mexes won't be considered unsellable (all mistake prone and have lost confidence from the coach), as we already have potential replacements earmarked (Kawashima, Acerbi, Ogbonna and Astori all rumoured).

Even if from that list we only end up selling a couple of players, then our squad's down from 21 to 19 or 20. In order to compete in 3 competitions next season, we need a squad of around 26-28, meaning 6 to 9 new players coming in.

Unlike the last summer where we kept many players for another season, I think the club will acknowledge for us to compete against the new Juve and in Europe next season, we need to refresh the squad. This will mean many cutback/cheap deals (Acerbi, Astori, Traore and Montolivo etc), with perhaps the odd big deal where Berlu provides some funds, or we sell a big player (e.g. Robinho) to raise funds to bring in another big player.

Then there's the injury crisis faced this season. Every aspect must and probably will be considered. We already know that Milanlab and training will be under scrutiny. I would also bet players will be looked at as well. Things like diet, personal lifestyles and discipline will probably be considered to try and minimise injuries in the future, as what we've seen simply isn't acceptable.

All in all though, I can see Tuttosport's predictions coming quite true.

(04-27-2012, 08:31 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I think they will promote Tassotti as coach and hire Billy Beane as GM and try to bring moneyball into football.

It will actually be pretty interesting if that happened, finding under value player who can perform and get the job done instead of just signing whoever that is free.

Actually, management should (probably already have) take some inspiration from Billy Beane. I'm not saying go as extreme as he did, but ultimately we must look for efficient deals where we maximise value whilst minimising costs. I say we've probably already taken inspiration from this because of the success that the Nocerino transfer has been, never mind others like Van Bommel, Cassano, Muntari and Urby.

Imo, how we do this really depends on who the coach is and how he wants the side to play. This is one reason I want Allegri to stay, he already has some players that fit his game, rather than us starting from square one. Galliani, scouts and the transfer negotiators (i.e. Braida) must speak in depth to the coach as to exactly what the squad needs. They must then make calculations (looking at the stats of players as well as any other relevant details) as to who can perform the duties given and list candidates. Some, for example someone like Messi, will clearly be out of our reach and therefore unobtainable. However, through these lists we target those who we think we can get within our budget. The roles which are valued as most important (such as DM and a midfield shuttler) will get a greater budget than other roles (e.g. backup keeper). This is simplifying the process to make a point, but it's only by doing this will we build a squad that is designed to compete successfully.
I hate MILANLAB.

[quote='Gabriel426' pid='29201' dateline='1335582080']

Out: Roma, Bonera, Zambro, Yepes, Taiwo, Mesbah, Dilac, Gattuso, Aqua, Slowdorf, Robinho, Pato, Lopez, MVB and Pippo. Plus everyone at Milanlab.

I agree with the above clearance except pato....Keep Pato & sell Ibra........
I think Allegri is gonna stay one more year but if Milan does not perform in the CL (the big money maker tournament), he'll be gone. Perhaps hat's how Ancelotti managed to stay for so long without winning the Scudetto, great performances on the CL, something Allegri still needs to do.

We'll probably keep Gattuso, Ambrosini and Yepes if Nesta leaves for the USA. Nesta might stay or might leave but the rumors of him leaving for the US are getting stronger. MvB is another guy who is 50-50.

Gone for sure: Seedorf, Aquilani, Zambrotta, Roma, Flamini, Taiwo, Mesbah, Pippo, Merkel (back to Genoa)

Pato and Maxi Lopez are total enigmas in my opinion. Robinho recently said that in the summer anything is possible so who knows. The rumors about selling Boateng I think are none-sense, we have no one else for that position.

I don't see any of these players leaving: Abbiatt, Abate, T. Silva, Mexes, Bonera, Antonini, Urby, Nocerino, Muntari, Boateng, Cassano, Ibra.