Summer mercato 2012
(04-05-2012, 03:49 PM)sylrus Wrote: for 15 no
for 20 yes
or maybe a clause that can make the price go to 25 from the initial 15

If we sell him, I am sure that there will be this kind of additional clause in it associating future (possible) payments with performance.
aka xudong
Out: Inzaghi, Seedorf, Gattuso, Zambrotta, Robinho, Pato, Van Bommel, Taiwo, Ambrosini
In: Ganso / Giovinco, Montolivo, Vargas, Paloschi, Boulahrouz, Muriel (Lecce), Biagianti
Confirm: Aquilani, Muntari, Lopez

Truth be told, we need a proper trequartista. Our attack is static and there is no fluidity up front. Muriel will be a revelation and hopefully we get rid of Pato and Robinho.
(04-05-2012, 12:18 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote:
(04-05-2012, 12:14 PM)fLame Wrote: 23 million for Balotelli - huge gamble
25 million for Tevez - huge gamble
any sum for Torres - huge gamble

But oh well, we are no longer in position to buy issue-free players at full prices.

I think free players are gamble too, just look at Taiwo.

Although he came for free, but Milan did signed him to a 5 mil before tax contract. If nobody manages to pick him up, Milan is on the hook for 20mil over the next 4 yrs for someone who can't cut it.
At least when you sign someone like Tevez or Torres, some manager out there will think he is smarter than Galli and Allegri that he can make those players perform again.

If you were referring to Taiwo's salary, I thought it was 1.8 Million after tax? He came quite cheap, I reckon.
aka xudong
I thought it was 2.5 after tax.
Nomatter what, if he is useless and is not even on the team after 4 1/2 months, he is money well wasted.
(04-05-2012, 04:02 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I thought it was 2.5 after tax.
Nomatter what, if he is useless and is not even on the team after 4 1/2 months, he is money well wasted.

Point well taken. It is amazing how we have tried high and low, left and right, to get a decent LB, yet Antonini is still our number one choice. Blush
aka xudong
While it's possible to sign a player for cheap / free, it's impossible to sign a good player with no salary / with small salary. Big Grin
Mesbah is a golden example of this.

No matter if the Taiwo money were wasted, it's not a big sum.

What's funny is that out of nowhere Antonini starts to play like Maldini in his prime. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
If he keeps up like this, we no longer have to look for a left back and will only need to find a backup solution for now.

Recall Didac Vila or get Santon on the cheap?
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
I guess we should invest on Italian defenders (seriously). It is just in their blood how to defend. Santon it is then. Big Grin
aka xudong
Flamini, Nesta, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Van Bommel, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Yepes, Zambrotta have all expiring contracts this summer. I think Flamini, Seedorf, Nesta, Inzaghi, Yepes and Zambrotta are playing their last season with Milan. Not sure about Ambro, Van Bommel and Gattuso. We'll probably keep Aquilani, Maxi Lopez and Muntari. Pato is the one guy I dont have the slightest clue what the future might hold for him Huh. I would sell both Pato and Binho to get Balotelli or Tevez. Balotelli and Ibra already know each other from the Inter days. Mesbah needs to go! this guy is definitely not good enough, Antonini will do Okmilan
(04-05-2012, 05:10 PM)tom-tom Wrote: Flamini, Nesta, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Van Bommel, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Yepes, Zambrotta have all expiring contracts this summer. I think Flamini, Seedorf, Nesta, Inzaghi, Yepes and Zambrotta are playing their last season with Milan. Not sure about Ambro, Van Bommel and Gattuso. We'll probably keep Aquilani, Maxi Lopez and Muntari. Pato is the one guy I dont have the slightest clue what the future might hold for him Huh. I would sell both Pato and Binho to get Balotelli or Tevez. Balotelli and Ibra already know each other from the Inter days. Mesbah needs to go! this guy is definitely not good enough, Antonini will do Okmilan

Mesbah isn't as good as Paul Dixon let alone Antonini! For the first time in my life I've seen a Dundee United player who is as good if not better than a Milan counterpart. Problem is there is a huge lack of class at left back currently worldwide. Lahm is probably the only genuinly top class left back on the planet. Marcelo is close but lacks defensive mindset at times. Alaba looks like he could be a very good player in the future. I've always liked Cristico, but have to confess I've not seen a lot of him. Santon is a player who can blow hot and cold but, depending on price, could be worth a shot. I've not seen a lot of Armero either. I suppose the thing to remember is that nobdy really has an outstanding left back so we only need one to keep up with the rest.
(04-05-2012, 04:44 PM)xudong Wrote: I guess we should invest on Italian defenders (seriously). It is just in their blood how to defend. Santon it is then. Big Grin

I would have agreed with you..ten years ago. Now? The best centrebacks and fullbacks in the world are definitely not Italian. I don't know what's gone wrong with Italian football but they just aren't producing players like they used to.
Siamo a posto cosi.