Summer mercato 2012
(03-29-2012, 11:01 AM)will4li Wrote:
(03-29-2012, 09:59 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: First of all, I don't think Barca was an elite defence. Rather Milan was just not pushing forward like they did against Roma.

You cannot say that, b/c as I explained they are different types of players.

Robinho is someone who excels at other players movement.
Robben is someone who can dribble pass pretty much any defenders
While Torres of old was a great 1 on 1 player and all he needed was a long ball and isolation. However, he struggled alomost all the time playing for Spain due to playing like Barca.

That's exactly what we expect from him against barca,cause strikers won't get much help obviously in most cases.

But I have not seen this Torres for the past 3 years.
I think Cassano will be a bonus if he plays for Milan next season.
I really don't see how Milan will sell Ibra or Robinho at this moment, unless there is some insane offer.
SES is improving with more game time and I think he will the X factor coming off the bench for Allegri for next season.
Then it comes down to Pato and Lopez. Nomatter how talented Pato is, I have a feeling Milan is giving up on him or that his injuries are just too much to handle. While Lopez might not have Pato skills or talents, he is someone who can stay heathly for more than 2 months and is also someone who is willing to accept the bench role, a lot like JDT.

As for midfield, I think when Healthy, the current Milan midfield are very deep but they lack a superstar/leader. Also, guys like Flamini, Slowdorf, Ambro, Muntari, Gattuso, Aqua, and Urby are all good solid players, but none of them can dominate the midfield weeks in and weeks out. I think at least 3 or 4 of them must leave in order to trim the roster and allow guys like Strausser and Merkel to merge into the 1st team squad.
If the news about Pato going to the US for some test are true, I think that Milan still has some hope in him, they want to prevent these injuries because they want his talent to be used adequately. If Milan didn't want him they wouldn't spend money on him to by sending him to the US and run some tests.
Or they are doing that in order to show the other teams that Pato can be cure.
I think the problem is when the doctors use words like 'mystery'. Actually as of last week when Dr. Messerman used those words Pato may not even be sell-able at all.
(03-29-2012, 05:17 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote:
(03-29-2012, 11:01 AM)will4li Wrote: That's exactly what we expect from him against barca,cause strikers won't get much help obviously in most cases.

But I have not seen this Torres for the past 3 years.
I think Cassano will be a bonus if he plays for Milan next season.
I really don't see how Milan will sell Ibra or Robinho at this moment, unless there is some insane offer.
SES is improving with more game time and I think he will the X factor coming off the bench for Allegri for next season.
Then it comes down to Pato and Lopez. Nomatter how talented Pato is, I have a feeling Milan is giving up on him or that his injuries are just too much to handle. While Lopez might not have Pato skills or talents, he is someone who can stay heathly for more than 2 months and is also someone who is willing to accept the bench role, a lot like JDT.

As for midfield, I think when Healthy, the current Milan midfield are very deep but they lack a superstar/leader. Also, guys like Flamini, Slowdorf, Ambro, Muntari, Gattuso, Aqua, and Urby are all good solid players, but none of them can dominate the midfield weeks in and weeks out. I think at least 3 or 4 of them must leave in order to trim the roster and allow guys like Strausser and Merkel to merge into the 1st team squad.
I'd let Ambro, Muntari and flamini go really.. but lol... who'd buy those ?!
Torres' skill,legs are still there,his problem is mental,milan is the most ideal environment for him to find old-self again.we also haven't seen old cassano,muntari,aquilani,robinho for years before milan get them.

The best counter masters come to my mind are robben,torres,kaka and pastore,none of them seems availbale this summer.if pato leaves,tevez is still the most likely option.or we should invest on another big young talent like sao paulo's lucas who is damn fast too.
May god with chinese footbball
i think we might see more spending this summer, as of recently they announced berlusconi is officialy in charge of the club again.. not that he wasnt before but for conflict of interest he couldn't have his name there pretty much. .well now he's back i think we should see some more money being spent hopefully and btw i posted this in catania thread as well but,
cassano is back april 7th apparently and will be included in the team to face fiorentina (not starting 11) so we might see him come off the bench probably for the last 15-20 minutes if that
(03-30-2012, 02:21 AM)will4li Wrote: Torres' skill,legs are still there,his problem is mental,milan is the most ideal environment for him to find old-self again.we also haven't seen old cassano,muntari,aquilani,robinho for years before milan get them.

The best counter masters come to my mind are robben,torres,kaka and pastore,none of them seems availbale this summer.if pato leaves,tevez is still the most likely option.or we should invest on another big young talent like sao paulo's lucas who is damn fast too.

Well, Cassano was playing his best ball at Samp since his Roma days, if it was not for his antics, he would never be bench there.
Aqua is basically doing what he did at Juve in Milan.
Robinho was playing really well for Santos before coming to Milan.
Personally, I think Muntari is really doing what he is known, running, pressing and being physical.

I am still not too keen on Torres b/c he is really a shadow of his former self at this moment.
Torres just didn't find his score boots often,nothing more.he runs,pass,dribble,assit... all the same torres of old.maybe he is a safer bet than kaka,kaka lost at least 20% of his pace after injury,torres lost none.
May god with chinese footbball
Berlusconi spends less when he isn't in or running for office , and has spent less in the last 20 years when he's just running Milan and his company , so I wouldn't be too confident of spending.
Also Torres will cost more than €30 million forget that train.
I have no expectations and this we will have more mo ye from UCL and Serie A means nothing for a club that doesn't spend , we may make more money doesn't mean we'll spend any .