Summer mercato 2012
(03-23-2012, 08:44 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(03-23-2012, 07:31 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Lahm and Evra seems to be the best bet but it has more to do with the rest sucks rather than them being really good.

Isnt't that all that's important? You find the best players. That way there's no team having better LBs than us.

My point is even if you find the best LB, they still won't be solid enough for Milan.
Giuseppe Rossi is for sale and available for 14 mil. I will be absolutely gutted if AC Milan miss him this time around. A perfect replacement for Ibrahimovic and Cassano.
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
(03-23-2012, 09:11 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote:
(03-23-2012, 08:44 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Isnt't that all that's important? You find the best players. That way there's no team having better LBs than us.

My point is even if you find the best LB, they still won't be solid enough for Milan.

My point is that "solid" or "not solid" is relative. If you say most of LBs in this world are crap, then we'll all hear the cries from every fan in this world that their team's weak link is in LB. Did we hear Real fans moaning about how could they be perfect if they replace Marcelo/Coentrao with anyone? Did we hear Barca fans cursing every time Abidal/Adriano/Maxwell is on their starting XI? Did we hear City fans wishing someone other than Kolarov/Clichy for their LB position? Arsenal fans never blame Andre Santos/Kieran Gibbs for their loss as much as they blame their players in another positions. Chelsea, Man Utd, and Bayern fans will never say Ashley Cole, Patrice Evra, and Philipp Lahm respectively as the weakest player on their squad. Even Inter fans can not dare to say they wish a left back better than Nagatomo.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(03-23-2012, 10:56 AM)mzk57 Wrote: Giuseppe Rossi is for sale and available for 14 mil. I will be absolutely gutted if AC Milan miss him this time around. A perfect replacement for Ibrahimovic and Cassano.

Okmilan
(03-23-2012, 10:56 AM)mzk57 Wrote: Giuseppe Rossi is for sale and available for 14 mil. I will be absolutely gutted if AC Milan miss him this time around. A perfect replacement for Ibrahimovic and Cassano.

I'd love to have Rossi at Milan, but he is not the type of player our management go for. (not a discounted big name player and not a free crappy player) Big Grin

And to set the priorities right - Hernanes should come before anyone else.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
But none of those teams used to have someone like Maldini playing at LB.
Real fans actually would rather have Bale an Marcelo. Barca does not play defense and as long as they are winning, their fans won't care if Pep plays 4 midfielders in the back four. The whole Arsenal team is crap except for VP and their fans know it.
Point is, Antonini or Mesbah might not be Silva class but if you watch all the goals conceded during games of which they played, with the exception of the Arsenal game, the faults were rarely theirs.

Rossi at that time sounds like a good deal, but I would go for Hernanes with the same amount.
(03-23-2012, 04:12 PM)fLame Wrote:

I'd love to have Rossi at Milan, but he is not the type of player our management go for. (not a discounted big name player and not a free crappy player) Big Grin

And to set the priorities right - Hernanes should come before anyone else.

How dare you stole my idea? Angry Sagrin
aka xudong
(03-23-2012, 11:56 AM)Beppe Wrote:

Okmilan

How in the heck is Rossi a perfect replacement for Ibra? Cassano, maybe, not really IMHO, but maybe he could eventually grow into it.

I don't know why so many people are so hip on Rossi. He is one of the most overrated players. If Milan buy him, he'll end up being just like Gilardino, except shorter and more out of place at Milan. and there is no way Milan should pay 14 mil for such a player, even half of that isn't reasonable.

Anyway, I would think replacing the aging midfield is a much higher priority and that makes even considering Rossi an even worse idea.

Free players are not a bad thing.But having no plan and going any free player regardless of position or quality just because they are free and play in Serie A Bundesliga Ligue A etc... is bad Monty good addition Ederson is a dog shit player..Natali below average this is what I have a problem with..Monty Mexes good Noce Aquilani for cheap good...but Natali Ederson Boulahrouz FACEPALM!!! and its only because they are free thay are all Taiwo 2.0...2.1...and 2.2..
(03-23-2012, 11:16 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Free players are not a bad thing.But having no plan and going any free player regardless of position or quality just because they are free and play in Serie A Bundesliga Ligue A etc... is bad Monty good addition Ederson is a dog shit player..Natali below average this is what I have a problem with..Monty Mexes good Noce Aquilani for cheap good...but Natali Ederson Boulahrouz FACEPALM!!! and its only because they are free thay are all Taiwo 2.0...2.1...and 2.2..

Okmilan
What he said