Summer mercato 2012
(03-14-2012, 05:50 PM)dejo Wrote: Those two are not even good to play for Monza and you think they can play for our beloved Milan Devilol

Are you serious?Average? what matches have you been watching?I believe that Urby is getting better and better as his time in the club goes on and Muntari proved that he's an dynamic midfielder capable to score and able to do his defensive assignments

Ogbonna already made NT and played well. He can play LB & CB, he's big and strong and also technical. He can play LB for us and I'm sure do it better than anyone else we have.

M'Vila is a rising star and very much pursued in World Football right now. We don't have too many other options. Mascherano says he's staying in Barcelona and considers himself a Center Back now. Montolivo is not an Anchor. Van Bommel wants to go home to Holland and Ambrosini is old.

Besides not backing up your statements with anything credible, you then went on to talk about Muntari and Urby. You even said Urby is good. Did you see him against Juventus and also Arsenal? He was God-Awful. He couldn't even trap the ball. Every touch was 10 feet away from him and he & Mesbah together made us eat 3 Goals in 45 minutes. Were YOU watching?
(03-14-2012, 03:56 PM)ElMago99 Wrote:
(03-14-2012, 02:35 PM)Kastriot Wrote: Its interesting how for ten years i had never heard any of us use the phrase "Anchor". It was either registra or deep lying playmaker due to Pirlo.

It's because we play with a different system now. We play with a Central Defensive Midfielder (CDM), not a creative player (Regista).

Okmilan I know El Mago (I understand that much of tacticsSagrin). what I ment is how easily we adapt/change when our game play changes

No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(03-14-2012, 06:08 PM)ElMago99 Wrote:
(03-14-2012, 05:50 PM)dejo Wrote: Those two are not even good to play for Monza and you think they can play for our beloved Milan Devilol

Are you serious?Average? what matches have you been watching?I believe that Urby is getting better and better as his time in the club goes on and Muntari proved that he's an dynamic midfielder capable to score and able to do his defensive assignments

Ogbonna already made NT and played well. He can play LB & CB, he's big and strong and also technical. He can play LB for us and I'm sure do it better than anyone else we have.

M'Vila is a rising star and very much pursued in World Football right now. We don't have too many other options. Mascherano says he's staying in Barcelona and considers himself a Center Back now. Montolivo is not an Anchor. Van Bommel wants to go home to Holland and Ambrosini is old.

Besides not backing up your statements with anything credible, you then went on to talk about Muntari and Urby. You even said Urby is good. Did you see him against Juventus and also Arsenal? He was God-Awful. He couldn't even trap the ball. Every touch was 10 feet away from him and he & Mesbah together made us eat 3 Goals in 45 minutes. Were YOU watching?

I know what I saw against Arsenal in the 2nd leg..I saw a BAD TEAM NOT A BAD PLAYER...even Thiago Silva played like garbage that match...Urby was bad against Juve??are you for real?after he was substituted we weren't able run as we did with him on the field, and he was more than good vs Arsenal in the 1st leg

I don't even want to comment your admiration for Ogbonna...ridicolous...
3bandiera MILANO SIAMO NOI!!!! 3bandiera
(03-14-2012, 01:43 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: This is actually the first year where the old guards, Gattuso, Ambro and Slowdorf have not been playing much and yet, Milan is getting Win after win. This really could be their last at the club. When you look at the midfield now, MVB, Boateng, Urby, Muntari, Nocerino, Aqua and Merkel. Thats 7 midfielders, how many do Milan need?

Among the midfielders you listed ...
- MVB is the only DM, so we need another one, unless we think Strasser can be up to the task for a whole season with both CL and Serie A being our goals ...
- Boateng and Nocerino are sure starters even for next year

That leaves us with Muntari, Emmanuelson, Aquilani and Merkel for one position.

Merkel is young, you can retire him from that list, he would be perfect as a reserve player getting time on the pitch here and there.

Aquilani is often injured, and he will never have one complete season without a major injury (one month or more out) ...

That means there is still a place to take in our starting midfield ...

Muntari is on loan, who knows if he will stay ?
Emmanuelson has showed some improvement in the last weeks (visibly, after ACMILAN1983 and myself criticized him on this topic ... Big Grin), but he can't be counted as a starter, we need someone better.

A guy like Asamoah could be this missing player. Armero could actually replace Emmanuelson in our team, he showed he can play as a LB in Serie A, but he also showed that he is very versatile and can play wherever on the pitch (midfield or attack). Perfect squad player.

So if you read between the lines, I wouldn't mind keeping one between Muntari and Emmanuelson and take both Armero and Asamoah. The midfield should be complete this way, unless we suffer a new injury crisis (for the third or fourth year in a row).

Possible roster if it had to happen : MVB (Strasser), Nocerino (Muntari), Asamoah (Aquilani), Boateng (if out, there is Robinho, and Armero or Merkel who can be tested there) + Armero and Merkel. 9 players, including two youngsters,for 4 places, that's good enough to play both Serie A and CL. Less would be suicide.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
If I'm not mistaken Muntari is on loan but his contract expires in June. I don't think he will be interested in returning to Inter, as prior to going on loan to Sunderland (before us) he was the one who requested to be transfer listed.

Muntari's contract runs out in June. Until June Inter are paying his wages.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
(03-14-2012, 05:50 PM)dejo Wrote: Are you serious?Average? what matches have you been watching?I believe that Urby is getting better and better as his time in the club goes on and Muntari proved that he's an dynamic midfielder capable to score and able to do his defensive assignments

I'm quite serious. That's the thing about average players. They have a tendency to throw in a good performance or two to make you believe that they're actually good. But when you sit back and look at all their performances over the long term..you realize that they're still just average players who had a good day. Reasonable backup..but not to be expected to start and make a difference in a CL final or another big game.
Siamo a posto cosi.
(03-14-2012, 07:58 PM)Mystik Wrote:
(03-14-2012, 05:50 PM)dejo Wrote: Are you serious?Average? what matches have you been watching?I believe that Urby is getting better and better as his time in the club goes on and Muntari proved that he's an dynamic midfielder capable to score and able to do his defensive assignments

I'm quite serious. That's the thing about average players. They have a tendency to throw in a good performance or two to make you believe that they're actually good. But when you sit back and look at all their performances over the long term..you realize that they're still just average players who had a good day. Reasonable backup..but not to be expected to start and make a difference in a CL final or another big game.

totally agree with you about Urby. Decent squad player, good backup, but nothing more.
A list of the Inter player's salaries. Thought someone might be interested: http://sport.virgilio.it/calcio/gli-stip...ijder.html

i dont care about what he did vs Lecce or Cesena, i just care about what he did vs Juve and Arsenal and he failed. Emanuelson at most a back up. i think that we need a better back up for Boateng for trequartista, however i'd rather to keep Muntari for LCM than Emanuelson.

He got great minutes this season and i cant say that im happy with his perfonmances.

i think that if we aim for CL success, Nocerino cant be a starter for us. He is defensively and tactically weak. in addition, His perfonmances vs big sides didnt convince me. Nocerino moves a lot to the box and handworking player, and therefore he finds his chances and scores. But 9 goals causes us to overrate him a bit.

As i said before, Nocerino is defensively and tactically weak for RCM and LCM. He needs to tackle better. He needs to use the ball better. Dİd you know that his assists is 0 so far in Serie A and Boateng's goal vs Arsenal his only assist for CL?

if we let Van Bommel to go and keep Ambrosini just because of he is captain, we would make a great mistake. Van Bommel is one of our leaders on the pitch.

Sign Criscito or Pasqual with Taiwo/Vila money
Sign Tevez with Pato money
Sign anchor and Hernanes with Berlusconi money. in this case, Dreams are important factor for us. i mean Berlusconi's dreams.

Then work on Nocerino's weak points.
Boateng's deep passes and passing game.
Abate's last touch problem.
Robinho's finishing problem.

Then we will be much better team.