Summer mercato 2012
(03-13-2012, 12:35 PM)k7r Wrote: Marcel Schmelzer for LB ! Or else, we will have to go for Christian Maldini....!!! He will be 18 next year I suppose...?

Managed to put together a list of left backs........
Patrice Evra
Ashley Cole
Eric Abidal
Marcelo
Phillip Lahm
Aleksander Kolarov
Leighton Baines
Christian Chivu
Fabio Coentrao
Gael Clichy
John Arne Riise
Jose Enrique
Aly Cissokho
Luis Felipe
Marcel Schmelzer
Michal Kadlec
Alvaro Pereira
Emilio Izaguirre
Benoit Tremoulinas
Yuto Nagatomo
Holger Badstuber
Frederico Balzaretti
Davide Santon
Domenico Criscito
Paolo De Ceglie
Emilio Insua
Wayne Bridge
Maxwell
Adraino
Fabio Grosso

Amongst this list of 30 players, chances of Milan even going for a bid are ------Chivu, Santon, Criscito, Maxwell.....

How about the prospect of Paolo De Ceglie playing at Juventus? Heard he had recently fallen out with Conte.......from the little i have seen this boys good defensively...otherwise Santon/Crisctio should be an upgrade to Antonini/Mesbah....Ur thoughts please...

Christian Maldini will be 16 in June I think, so still too young to be expected to play for the senior side. Does anyone know if he or Daniel are any good?

As for the list, I think it shows the sad state of affairs in finding quality fullbacks in the modern game. Because there's so much emphasis played on a fullbacks ability to push up and attack, it's hard to find one that's defensively sound (not even good, but just capable).

(03-13-2012, 11:08 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: It's a pain that a guy who costs 15 million is linked to Milan , and all we can do is think who we can offer to bring the price down.If we don't have 15 million to buy a player , why do we even bother talking about ...Mascherano , M'Vila , Hamsik , Tevez , Hernanes there really is no point is there.

I think it's something to do with how we value players nowerdays. We had no qualms with spending more than 15m for Ibra and Robinho just a year ago and Pato before them, and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if we were prepared to spend a substantial amount (not ridiculous amounts ala Real, Barca, Man City or Chelsea) to bring in high quality players who will be star players.

(03-13-2012, 02:28 PM)Mystik Wrote: I'm really confused about Santacroce now. From what I saw with Napoli some seasons ago, the guy had all the tools to be a great defender. I remember he completely locked Ronaldinho down till I think he got sent off..or subbed..can't remember exactly what happened. Yet, he just couldn't find space in the Napoli backline for the last few seasons and they had to ship him off to Parma on loan. Does he even play at Parma?

Santacroce's situation is both sad and bizarre. The guy has marked out a fair number of top talents in matches, including Ronaldino, Cassano and Pato. I think when he started suffering injuries his career died pretty much soon after, as he lost his place in Napoli and even in Parma now, he's still not playing.

It's a sad story for a guy who appeared to have all the tools to become a really great defender and seemed destined for carrying on the line of great Italian defenders.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing us really go after Ogbonna of Torino given Nesta's not got long left now. This is another guy who has huge prospects and is already getting himself noticed in the Italy set up. With Torino owning him, there's not much competition from Juve in getting him and he really looks like he could be the real deal. Oh, and if nothing else, he did a competent job for Italy when experimented at LB (not something I want to see though, as he's a CB through and through).
Where is Diego Contento now?
(03-13-2012, 05:34 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: Where is Diego Contento now?

on Bayerns bench.since Rfinha came in and Lahm went back to LB.
Regarding Aquilani's defensive game, i think that he is good. His pressing and tackling is pretty good. But i think that he should improve both tactically and defensively for RCM.

its very early to speak about Daniel or Christian Maldini.

[Image: 3hn8u.jpg]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Want-Da...&filter=12

[Image: 3hmpt.jpg]

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/daniel-maldini

As you can see on tumblr.com, Daniel wears a Barcelona shirt there.

[Image: 3hmtu.jpg]
I look forward to daniel being a good defender for us in the future but its too soon to talk about..
btw, looks like we might be interested in armero&asamoah
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=75640
i think these would be absolutely amazing transfers, a great midfielder a great left back, we need players like this.. i think 20-25mln combined maybe less with some galliani magic can get us both of them hopefully. i like the idea simply because they are solid players that will come to milan with maturity and also a sense of chemistry having played on udine together, also already having proved themselves in seria a is crucial, even more crucial when you see a udinese side that's pretty weak other then them two and di natale, still managing to have a likely finish in at least the top 5-6.

Montolivo,armero,asamoah and possibly let maxi lopez go bcuz i think we have the option to buy him, therefore id let him leave and buy a striker in his price range that can actually produce. for 8 million suprisingly there is a lot of better strikers out there, i can name a few in:

floro flores, i know seems kind of stupid but his value is only around 6mln and he is a good back up back up striker, luis fabiano now is valued at around 6-7 mln, i know he probably wont come seeing as we blew him off in a chance that would've, could've been the highlight of his career making his career rather dismal to what he expected.. he can probably be as good as he was he just has no motivation now as he couldn't make the step up..

anyways those are just cheap options, theres even younger strikers with potential to be a profitable move in that 6-10mln bracket.. lots actually.. if milan is really willing to spend, and im talking about 40mln this mercato.. i mean we've been getting all these free players, we're on the road to being two years in a row scudetto champions, ontop of hopefully making it further in the CL which makes for a better budget definitely, we could pursue tevez for 25mln and asamoah/armero for 20. 45mln combined but i doubt we have that money, seriously. actually, i think we do but we wont spend it i can almost guarentee..

i think a mercato of:

asamoah,armero,montolivo,tevez will definitely put us in the same bracket as barca and real on paper..
i guess i go a little to much into fantasy mercato when i post, reason being i just dont believe we dont have the money to spend.. i think we have good money to spend but if we can find quality on the cheap we always tend to take that option, like our main issues is in the midfield at LB, mesbah has proved to be a good lb, but for our club i'd see him better as just a solid back up, we tried with him, we tried with taiwo,antonini gets his fair share of chances as well.. in midfield we signed aquilani and nocerino, two players who imo are quality and we didnt pay much.. nocerino has been by far one of our best investements in the last few years, i think boateng tops him in that though..
anyhow, as i was saying and ill stop my post here, the reason i simply dont believe no money is available is because, when big players such as ronaldo become available or let's say ronaldinho, when apparently we were even more broke then now we got him for a lot of $$$ and it wasn't an issue, when berlusconi sais stuff like ill give galliani a blank check book to bring me ronaldo, it just makes me not believe we have no money, and if ronaldo was actually available i have no doubt that 60-80mln would be available somehow, am i the only one who notices this?
i think 1 of maldini's will be the heir in our lb
until they are proven to be not good enough for milan
we might be looking for a cheap and a so-so player at lb
Did you know that Armero is leading the Assist charts in Calcio with 12 assist until now. Very impressive.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
The names mentioned here makes me wonder if, to complement the Fantasy Signing, we should create new thread named Basement Bargain Mercato Big Grin

As for Armero, though I rate him highly, I think his best poistion is LM, not LB. And we already have Noce who excels there despite being not as offensive as Armero. Personally I prefer Zuniga who I think is much better in defense (I rarely see Armero defend, Asamoah does most of defensive duties on Udinese left side) and as a bonus he can play on the right flank too. He's not exactly as untouchable as the three tenors of Napoli but we all know how their president hates us like plague so it's unlikely to happen.
per l'amaro e il dolce
(03-14-2012, 10:58 AM)Nalx Wrote: The names mentioned here makes me wonder if, to complement the Fantasy Signing, we should create new thread named Basement Bargain Mercato Big Grin

As for Armero, though I rate him highly, I think his best poistion is LM, not LB. And we already have Noce who excels there despite being not as offensive as Armero. Personally I prefer Zuniga who I think is much better in defense (I rarely see Armero defend, Asamoah does most of defensive duties on Udinese left side) and as a bonus he can play on the right flank too. He's not exactly as untouchable as the three tenors of Napoli but we all know how their president hates us like plague so it's unlikely to happen.

Well, there were some rumours we want these both players ... To replace Gattuso/Ambro/Seedorf, it would be perfect, wouldn't it ?
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(03-14-2012, 12:36 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Well, there were some rumours we want these both players ... To replace Gattuso/Ambro/Seedorf, it would be perfect, wouldn't it ?

Definitely. But to avoid disappointment, I wouldn't get my hope high Wink
per l'amaro e il dolce