Summer mercato 2012
6 of the top 12 are leaving by 2013 latest, let's see what Galliani can do.
(02-20-2012, 07:25 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Well, the thing is that when someone like Mexes, who was signed as a 3rd choice CB is getting paid 4mil a yr after tax. Something is really wrong.

4 mil is too much,true. But a player of his status would not go lower than 2.5 mil. He still is a great player. And he is showing that also in Milan. The fact that Nesta is out for a month and we do not panic about it,shows that we are confident in him.

So back to math.

If he deserves not more than 2.5 mil per year. We pay him 1.5 mil times 4 year of contract equals 6 mil. 6 mil is his transfer cost,which is lower than his market value. So, no we are not overpaying him if you consider what he brings to the table. And don`t forget that he is not a third choice in MIlan. By the end of the season he would feature as much as Nesta for sure.

I guarantee you that against Arsenal, if Mexes was not available Nesta would have been rushed in the game,and we all know how we end up after rushing players to return (Boateng,Pato anyone?).

One more argument pro Mexes. He keeps Bonera out of the starting line up, so what is that, 1 mil more per year Bonus Sagrin .
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
that list is inaccurate... Van Bommel and Zambrotta earn 1.5m and 1.75m - I can remember that. Zambro renewed his contract 2 years ago and halved his contract.

Mexes is 4m per year only because we got him for free, same with Flamini.

Keeping in mind that Nesta, Inzaghi, Amrbo, MvB, Seedorf, Gattuso, Flamini and Zambrotta's contracts expire this coming summer... so we'll either get rid of them or cut their wages.

Pato earns 4m when Nocerino and KPB earn 1.5m and 2.5mil......Pato's wages are going to get our team asking for a pay raise very soon.

edit: what Reza meant to say is that 6 out of top 12 have their contracts expiring... more out of the top 12 could be leaving such as Pato/Robinho/Cassan, and even Ibra.
(02-20-2012, 10:19 AM)Hitman Wrote: Pato earns 4m when Nocerino and KPB earn 1.5m and 2.5mil......Pato's wages are going to get our team asking for a pay raise very soon.

LOL...!!! Devil danceDevil danceDevil dance
In my country we have this saying - "there is only one thing worse than idiots, it's persistent idiots". It seems we got a living example right here. Stuckup

Also, in other news - Pato's next injury will cause Galliani to have a heart attack, while Berlu will kill himself over his daughter's romance. All plausible turn off events.
Then Moratti will swoop in to buy the club and that will be the end of AC Milan as we know it. All Pato's fault. Kudos to hitman the great prophet who saw it all coming. Okmilan
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
(02-19-2012, 09:59 PM)Hitman Wrote: So ACMILAN1983 and Geo... still think Urby's useless after another great performance? Big Grin

Kid's got it, and I'm glad he's here...and he's doing his best and he deserves everyone's respect.

Firstly, if he proves me wrong then all credit to him and I'll be extremely happy. I'm not against him, I just expect more from him if we are to keep him.

Secondly, about the last two performances, his performance against Cesena was his best in a Milan shirt by far, and he was excellent all game. Against Arsenal he came in and did a really good job, which I credited him for in the match thread.

Finally, as well as he's done this week, 2 games isn't enough to make me change my mind on him yet. If he can continue to prove himself then quite frankly I have no issues with holding onto him.
(02-20-2012, 11:59 AM)fLame Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 10:19 AM)Hitman Wrote: Pato earns 4m when Nocerino and KPB earn 1.5m and 2.5mil......Pato's wages are going to get our team asking for a pay raise very soon.

LOL...!!! Devil danceDevil danceDevil dance
In my country we have this saying - "there is only one thing worse than idiots, it's persistent idiots". It seems we got a living example right here. Stuckup

Also, in other news - Pato's next injury will cause Galliani to have a heart attack, while Berlu will kill himself over his daughter's romance. All plausible turn off events.
Then Moratti will swoop in to buy the club and that will be the end of AC Milan as we know it. All Pato's fault. Kudos to hitman the great prophet who saw it all coming. Okmilan

This is a personal attack. Unprovoked.
I said i like ten times now, if you don`t like what he has to say about Pato, just put the ignore button on him,or contradict him with arguments if you feel. Personal attack will not be tolerated.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
Urby did played well for the last two games, but considering the opponents, that's really not saying much. If he can continue this form against Juve, then that's another story.

As for the Mexes thing, you forgot to multiple by 2. Which is about his market value at 12 mil.
Alright, I will contradict his "arguments", though it's obvious what he written wasn't an argument, but rather yet another attempt to take a swipe at Pato for nothing.

Anyway, if we want to discuss the issue of "undeservedly paid footballers inflating wages for everyone else" seriously, then there are two things to take into account:
1. Flamini, Gattuso, Mexes, Zambro, Ambrosini, etc -- all of them are getting unreasonably high wages and are more likely to inflate wages for everyone else than Pato.
2. Ibra makes MORE THAN TWICE AS MUCH as the next highest paid player. Ibra makes MORE THAN TWICE AS MUCH as Thiago Silva, who plays at the same level.

So yeah, if want to discuss this seriously and not make this into another "bash Pato" fest, the likes of Flamini, and especially Ibra should be blamed when our players start demanding salary increases.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
You cant keep contradicting him because he keeps typing same and same bullsh*t all over again, and then the next 5 pages of the thread become unreadable. He did it lots of times so far, and every time its like deja vu. You can just order him to stop writing about Pato, because he irritates lots of people with his childish behaviour. It's his opinion? Fine, we ALL know it, no need to type it in every freaking thread or in chats during games, makin them unreadable too.
Trust me, the wage bill is difficult to bring down. I analyzed it and even if you drop some players, the replacements will still make the wage bill quite high.

Also, when you sign a player on Bosman Transfer, they usually demand a higher wage because the team does not have to pay a transfer fee. Why else would Flamini get 4.5M per year. He deserves 1M at most.

And lastly, everyone breaks my balls for this, but the Taxes in Italy are disgustingly high, and Italian teams suffer for this.