Summer mercato 2012
Allegri made it easy for management to decide not to keep Pirlo, as easy as that, I don't know if it's 'blame' or not but it certainly a big nudge or push out. Something I don't agree about though is the general attitude about Pippo. Of course he is old, but we use that word too much for him and less for others who are only not that much younger and have stayed with us without playing all that well either.
(04-10-2012, 02:54 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 11:32 AM)Gio-mania Wrote: Spot on ACMILAN1983, spot on.

Juve are interested in Seedorf should we not renew him. I am speechless.

Thanks.

I really don't get Juve supposedly going after our ageing players. Conte's system and ideals just don't seem to match this idea of getting ageing stars.

Aren't these rumours supposed to put some more trouble on our team when we need to keep cool ?

I think it's just some way to disturb us and nothing else.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(04-10-2012, 02:54 PM)reza Wrote: Allegri made it easy for management to decide not to keep Pirlo, as easy as that, I don't know if it's 'blame' or not but it certainly a big nudge or push out. Something I don't agree about though is the general attitude about Pippo. Of course he is old, but we use that word too much for him and less for others who are only not that much younger and have stayed with us without playing all that well either.

Reza, I think it's a good idea to go through the list of ageing players on our squad and see what their place is on the squad.

Roma: 3rd choice keeper with little to no responsibility other than making up numbers. To be honest, no point in replacing him.

Yepes: Performed well last season but no longer really has a place in the squad

Seedorf: Has the odd good performance and that's pretty much all he offers now

Abbiati: Probably the only mid to late 30s player who still performs at consistently high levels. However, 34 for a keeper isn't exactly old

Nesta: Has shown signs of age more than ever this season, but still able to produce the odd high level performance

Gattuso: An unknown quantity, he did well last season but hasn't featured this
Zambrotta: His performances have dropped significantly and really shouldn't be in our squad anymore

Ambrosini: Has the odd good performance, but physically struggles to keep up these days

Van Bommel: Offers more consistency than Ambrosini, but again is a player who many will argue needs replacing this summer

Inzaghi: Lacks the acceleration he previously had and hasn't ever been a player to rely on technique. That leaves him relying solely on his positioning these days.

I think it's fair to say the most valuable players on that list right now are Abbiati, Nesta, Ambro and MvB. Of these, I think the only player that people would want to see regularly starting next season is Abbiati, who has a couple of years left in him. The other 3 might be accepted as squad players given they can still contribute on the odd day, but again they won't have long left before they need replacing.

The rest are essentially in the same boat as Inzaghi. They're ageing (or old) players who are no longer competing at the level required at Milan and therefore they need to be replaced.

It's not just Inzaghi that faces this problem as you can see, I just think he gets spoken about more than the others as Allegri's often criticised for not using him or including him for CL. This argument is based on his history and reputation in the CL, but looking at him now and it's often a sad and frustrating sight.
I think this yr the mgt might just have the balls to say no to the old guards beside Nesta, Abbiatti, Ambro and MVB. Since Yepes, Roma, Zambro, Slowdorf, Gattuso and Pippo really had not been feature much this year. On top of that, even when they played, beside Slowdorf, none of them offer anything extra from the rest of the squad.
How funny would it be if Nesta wants Juventus, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Yepes, Zambrotta, Inzaghi and Roma retire, and Van Bommel goes back to Holland????????????

Our Management would be caught with their pants down. 8 players leaving with NO €€€€€ coming from their exits, and you have to buy at least SOME players to replace them. You can only get so many Bosman deals... hehehehe.Devilol
(04-10-2012, 04:22 PM)BINHO Wrote: How funny would it be if Nesta wants Juventus, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Yepes, Zambrotta, Inzaghi and Roma retire, and Van Bommel goes back to Holland????????????

Our Management would be caught with their pants down. 8 players leaving with NO €€€€€ coming from their exits, and you have to buy at least SOME players to replace them. You can only get so many Bosman deals... hehehehe.Devilol

Well, first of all "we are fine as we are".

And second, surely - there are more than 8 free players around the world that we can sing during any transfer window.

We have recently signed Mesbah, remember? So don't get surprised by anything.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
I still see renewals for all except Flamini Yepes Pippo and Flamini will stay if he takes pay cut.
Seedorf & Van Bommel both 1 year deals , everybody else should be released we'll see with de sciglio if he plays today finally a young italian wideback too bad Andrea De vito dissapeared off the map ,what happned with Davide Astori ! ? , will he ever be back ?
(04-10-2012, 03:42 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I think this yr the mgt might just have the balls to say no to the old guards beside Nesta, Abbiatti, Ambro and MVB. Since Yepes, Roma, Zambro, Slowdorf, Gattuso and Pippo really had not been feature much this year. On top of that, even when they played, beside Slowdorf, none of them offer anything extra from the rest of the squad.

I absolutely agree with you! I think we should keep Abbiati for a few more years, Nesta, Ambrosini, MVB for one more year (and see how it goes). As for Roma, Zambrotta, Gattuso and Pippo, I say that they should walk out with dignity. Seedorf should be kept not as a player but our poor-quality midfielders need his mentorship, so maybe one more year. I even heard rumors that he would be the replacement for Allegri as the coach. Yepes has not had much chance, so if we cannot find adequate backup, I would keep him for another year.

Allegri has all the final say though in wanting whom to stay and whom to get rid of. Out of all so many Bosmans last year, it had to be Pirlo. I start to resent that Pirlo chose Juventus; he was the sole reason that Juventus got back to track, so I would be careful with Nesta or even Seedorf joining them, but if they were so determined (doubt it), there would be nothing we can do since they are Bosmans.

We should win this Scudetto to give our old guards a proper send-off. And then, await a turbulent and exciting summer mercato (hopefully).

aka xudong
(04-10-2012, 04:22 PM)BINHO Wrote: How funny would it be if Nesta wants Juventus, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Yepes, Zambrotta, Inzaghi and Roma retire, and Van Bommel goes back to Holland????????????

To be honest, beside Nesta, Ambro and MVB, I don't think Milan really need to replace any of the other five. Also, guys like Merkel, Astori, Strausser and Polashi are all ready to be part of the squad. Esp., Merkel as given more room and freedom, he could be WC player in the making. As for free players with quality, Monty and Ederson come to mind.