Summer mercato 2012
(02-14-2012, 03:58 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: lol, yep. I've noticed we've shared the same opinion of him for a while though, as we've both posted in the past as to how he's not really good enough.

I want to say I value Urby's attitude at Milan. He's a professional and behaves appropriately, looking to fight for his place and not giving up. My issues with him is purely at a technical level, as I don't think he's a top club player, but rather a mid table team player. At a club like Fiorentina or Palermo, I think he'd be pretty good.

Urby has played REALLY well for about a total of 20 minutes in midfield. He's not a Top-Class Midfielder. Also, I think he'd be better in a 4-4-2 setup like Juventus' where he plays in the position of Estigarribia (I rate Urby better than he).

If we are to keep him, I would put him as a replacement Left Back. I would give him 170-200 grams of Protein per day and have him lifting weights. He needs to put on 7-10 kilos. Then, have Tassotti work with him so he knows the ins and outs of Left Back. He can be rotated with Mesbah OR a new LB that we get (unlikely).

Next year I hope we have enough quality at Midfield that we no longer use him there (Aquilani, Boateng, Montolivo, MvB, Nocerino, Keita, Merkel, Strasser, etc.)
It's a matter of opinion, but personally I rate Estigarribia higher than Urby as he's better at taking on his direct opponent and imo provides more consistency with his crossing. Anyway, Urby might be best at Left wing, but that's a problem in Italy where few teams play with wingers.

As for LB, Urby has my doubts over his defensive ability. Maybe under Tassotti he can develop, but at this point it's hard to see happening.
(02-15-2012, 12:25 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: It's a matter of opinion, but personally I rate Estigarribia higher than Urby as he's better at taking on his direct opponent and imo provides more consistency with his crossing. Anyway, Urby might be best at Left wing, but that's a problem in Italy where few teams play with wingers.

As for LB, Urby has my doubts over his defensive ability. Maybe under Tassotti he can develop, but at this point it's hard to see happening.

Not even sure, Urby isn't that good technically (doesn't dribble a lot), he isn't that fast, and he isn't that good at crossing like you said ...

Actually, I think this player should go playing in Spain or Germany in a small club/mid-table team, why not in France in any club, but Italy isn't for him ... Nor England as physically, he would often be destroyed !!

His future ? Gone or benched !!
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
We need players like Vogel, Brocchi,... Urby is enough for this role.
(02-15-2012, 01:27 PM)Aficio Wrote: We need players like Vogel, Brocchi,... Urby is enough for this role.

So you choose the "benched" solution ... Big Grin
Anyway, Vogel, Brocchi and some other guys we had weren't very good, but they were used to the positions and roles they had when they came in as it was their natural position. The problem of Emmanuelson is the following: while he can be good enough for a bench role, where do you use him on the pitch when he comes in ?

I mean, if we get a new DM, a new CM and a new AM, there is no more place for Emmanuelson in our midfield, even from the bench ...
(02-15-2012, 01:47 PM)GeoTav Wrote: So you choose the "benched" solution ... Big Grin
Anyway, Vogel, Brocchi and some other guys we had weren't very good, but they were used to the positions and roles they had when they came in as it was their natural position. The problem of Emmanuelson is the following: while he can be good enough for a bench role, where do you use him on the pitch when he comes in ?

I mean, if we get a new DM, a new CM and a new AM, there is no more place for Emmanuelson in our midfield, even from the bench ...

Well, if 2 of Seedorf, Rino, Ambro & V. Bommel are gone, he still has a chance Big Grin
(02-15-2012, 01:03 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Not even sure, Urby isn't that good technically (doesn't dribble a lot), he isn't that fast, and he isn't that good at crossing like you said ...

Actually, I think this player should go playing in Spain or Germany in a small club/mid-table team, why not in France in any club, but Italy isn't for him ... Nor England as physically, he would often be destroyed !!

Sorry I think you understood, I was saying Estagarribia was consistent at crossing. Urby in all honesty I feel lacks the final ball in his game.
(02-15-2012, 08:40 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:
(02-15-2012, 01:03 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Not even sure, Urby isn't that good technically (doesn't dribble a lot), he isn't that fast, and he isn't that good at crossing like you said ...

Sorry I think you understood, I was saying Estagarribia was consistent at crossing. Urby in all honesty I feel lacks the final ball in his game.

Yep, you said that Emmanuelson wasn't that good at crossing ? Es...bia Big Grin is better for you at doing that ...
Close the thread, Milan is full of champions. Stuckup
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
Sell/trade/not renew

ambro, seedorf, antonini, bonera, gattuso, pippo, flamini, and PATO.

Thats a great start to the summer Mercato.