Week 21: Brescia vs. Milan (Friday, January 24, 2020 20:45 CET)
(01-20-2020, 01:29 AM)am I Milan enough? Wrote: most probably same formation with rebic starting ahead of jack.

I sure hope so. If Pioli tries to include 1 (or more) of Hakan/Jack/Suso in the starting lineup, he needs to be fired on the spot. As soon as the lineups are announced. 

I also hope Kjaer stays in the line up. He hasn't necessarily been better then Musacchio...but he's been just as good. So that gives me hope that with time, he can actually be better. So simple way of looking at it is that we are no worse with him on the field. Might as well keep playing him and we may actually be better with time. 

Gigio - Conti, Kjaer, Roma, Theo - Castillejo, Kessie, Bennacer, Rebic - Leao, Ibra

The weakest link there is Kessie. But as much as it sucks to say this, I really don't see a better option. Sure, Krunic can play there, but he's not much better and not sure that he's suited to a 2 man midfield. Definitely not Paqueta back there, and I've already said my piece on Hakan/Jack. So that basically leaves Kessie. We need a CM badly...
(01-21-2020, 01:39 AM)nefremo Wrote: I sure hope so. If Pioli tries to include 1 (or more) of Hakan/Jack/Suso in the starting lineup, he needs to be fired on the spot. As soon as the lineups are announced. 

I also hope Kjaer stays in the line up. He hasn't necessarily been better then Musacchio...but he's been just as good. So that gives me hope that with time, he can actually be better. So simple way of looking at it is that we are no worse with him on the field. Might as well keep playing him and we may actually be better with time. 

Gigio - Conti, Kjaer, Roma, Theo - Castillejo, Kessie, Bennacer, Rebic - Leao, Ibra

The weakest link there is Kessie. But as much as it sucks to say this, I really don't see a better option. Sure, Krunic can play there, but he's not much better and not sure that he's suited to a 2 man midfield. Definitely not Paqueta back there, and I've already said my piece on Hakan/Jack. So that basically leaves Kessie. We need a CM badly...

With Kjaer, I think he looks a lot more confident than Mustacchio. He also pulled off some decisive tackles and distributed the ball better... I thought... that being said... maybe my dislike for Mustacchio is clouding my judgement.

That should be our lineup at least until we can get out hands on a better mid to play beside Kessie.
Agreed with the Krunic bit. I was actually going to write the same thing till I say you already said it.
I also agree that Kessie is our best available option at this moment. I really like to have Bakayoko back, but didn't realize that he is still on a high pay (£5,720,000) until 2022. I don't know why we let him go after last season, but doubt it was only due to personality issue. Quite likely we simply couldn't afford him.

Also, about Kjaer. It is quite amazing that we used him right away after just a few days' training. Does that mean that Caldara was really bad? Or, is it just luck (timing)?
aka xudong
(01-21-2020, 02:15 AM)ACM2020 Wrote: I also agree that Kessie is our best available option at this moment. I really like to have Bakayoko back, but didn't realize that he is still on a high pay (£5,720,000) until 2022. I don't know why we let him go after last season, but doubt it was only due to personality issue. Quite likely we simply couldn't afford him.

Also, about Kjaer. It is quite amazing that we used him right away after just a few days' training. Does that mean that Caldara was really bad? Or, is it just luck (timing)?

no point crying over spilled milk. lets move on  Sagrin

kjaer may be slower than pistachio but he reads the game better and calmer under pressure, pistachio would have done something silly during the udine match esp when theyre attacking us nonstop/sending in crossings after crossings
aka edysim
2-1 Milan
Quote:Pioli pre-match:

Stefano Pioli has challenged his players to bring Milan “back to where they’ve always been” and continue to “improve our position” in Serie A.

The Rossoneri are playing Brescia on Friday night and are currently on a run of three consecutive wins.

The coach seems pleased with what he has been presented after the winter break, but is adamant that they must “treat every game as if it’s the most important” to help them climb further up the table.

“The numbers don’t lie. The interpretation of the games has been positive, and we must continue like this,” Pioli said at a press conference. “We haven’t done anything yet, there’s a long way to go and we must remain concentrated on the next game."

“Our goal is to improve our position in the League and bring Milan back to where they’ve always been."

“We have to think that every game is the most important. That’s the only way to look at it. It’s not the time to think about where we will be on May 24. We must keep our heads screwed on and continue to develop."

“We have to strengthen the positive things we’ve done so far and improve the situations in which we have been in difficulty."

“We only think about tomorrow, looking for the performance to improve our position in the League.”

Mario Balotelli is suspended for tomorrow’s match but Pioli pointed at Sandro Tonali and takes him “into great consideration” ahead of the battle at the Mario Rigamonti.

“They lose the possibility of having an important individual player. But they are even more compact and dynamic,” he said. “We expect a determined opponent who play for an important target. We will try to win the game anyway."

“Tonali is a player with great qualities and potential, we must take him into great consideration tomorrow.”

Pioli insisted he’s “not surprised” by the “impact” of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, as the 38-year-old has helped Milan with his experience after returning to the club this winter.

“He’s an added value, for his impact and his presence in the games, his attitude and professionalism in everyday life,” Pioli said. “He has done this team good, and his teammates connected with him straight away."

“I’m not surprised by all this; we are talking about a champion who is among the best players in the world over the last decade. I expected a lot from him. I have found a helpful and intelligent person."

“He came here with curiosity; he had studied beforehand and now he is more aware of what he can and should do.”

Ante Rebic came off the bench and scored a brace against Udinese, to help Milan pick up a 3-2 win against the Friuli. Now, he is in contention to start against Brescia.

“Of course, there are many players who are doing well right now,” Pioli said. “Like him and Leao. Ibra is also fine. I will make my decision tomorrow.”

“I think it all depends on the attitude you have. If you work with conviction, even enduring decisions that aren’t going in your direction, then you are ready when you are called upon."

“I have to choose a team that guarantees me the most. We are 24 players who train well, I have favoured other players and will continue to do so: it’s natural in my role."

“They must not suffer because of setbacks. The first XI are as important as those who enter. The attitude has improved, and we win the games because of this too. Since we want to improve, we must continue like this. Whoever shows this attitude, demonstrate that we have to work this way.”

“Suso is training very well,” Pioli said at a press conference. “He is available to play."

“There’s a lot left of the transfer market. All the players who are here, are very helpful. They’re involved and attentive."

“Lucas [Paqueta] is like the others; he thinks he can play and is not satisfied when he doesn’t. But then you work well, and you are ready when you are called upon. We must continue."

Ricardo Rodriguez’ transfer to Fenerbahce seems to be stuck in limbo, but the Switzerland international could be leaving San Siro this winter.

Pioli wouldn’t entertain the rumours and said he “should be part of the squad” after recovering from an injury.

“I won’t be the one giving updates on the market. Rodriguez had a physical problem that seems to have been solved,” Pioli added. “He should be part of the squad. I am concerned about the team remaining focused, without losing energy on things I can’t control”.
aka xudong
Quote:Milan, the 21 called up for Brescia:

GOALKEEPERS
Begović, A. Donnarumma, G. Donnarumma.

DEFENDERS
Conti, Gabbia, Hernández, Kjær, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodríguez.

CENTROCAMPISTI
Bennacer, Bonaventura, Çalhanoğlu, Kessie, Krunić.

FORWARDS
Castillejo, Ibrahimović, Leão, Piątek, Rebić, Suso.

Paqueta requests to be taken out of the squad quoting anxiety.
aka xudong
Probable lineup vs. Brescia (4-4-2):

Donnarumma; Conti, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo; Castillejo, Kessiè, Bennacer, Rebic; Ibrahimovic, Leao [@DiMarzio]
(01-23-2020, 07:34 PM)ACM2020 Wrote: Paqueta requests to be taken out of the squad quoting anxiety.

From sempremilan.com: "Having started six consecutive games on the bench, the 22-year-old had tests carried out for a mild anxiety attack on Sunday after the win against Udinese."

Apparently it has to do with him being out of the starting 11, which he's said to not be handling very well. It's a shame if we lose him, I think, as he's a massively talented player, but if he needs a guaranteed spot in the team in order to perform well, then he's probably not going to be able to succeed at any big club.

From what I understand there aren't really any offers for him either at this point. PSG showed interest before Christmas, but nothing has materialised in this transfer window.
(01-23-2020, 08:40 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: From sempremilan.com: "Having started six consecutive games on the bench, the 22-year-old had tests carried out for a mild anxiety attack on Sunday after the win against Udinese."

Apparently it has to do with him being out of the starting 11, which he's said to not be handling very well. It's a shame if we lose him, I think, as he's a massively talented player, but if he needs a guaranteed spot in the team in order to perform well, then he's probably not going to be able to succeed at any big club.

From what I understand there aren't really any offers for him either at this point. PSG showed interest before Christmas, but nothing has materialised in this transfer window.

I read that PSG is "interested" but only offers 20M. Some suspects this may be orchestrated by Leonardo to force Milan accept the low ball offer. 

I really like(d) this kid too, and think his talent is too big to be ignored. But my support may be dwindling away, if he continues to not contribute to the team, whether or not it is through his own fault. Sad.
aka xudong